Sign in to follow this  
Oblivionnreaver

Remove "rival kingdoms" from affinity stealing

Changed my mind on the subject, ignore the post.

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

buying affinities itself is an inbred workaround to a mechanic designed to reward people for killing someone

this post itself shows zero knowledge of anything to do with fight mechanics by saying stuff like 'rival kingdoms'

not today kiddo

Edited by Cornchips
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Cornchips said:

this post itself shows zero knowledge of anything to do with fight mechanics by saying stuff like 'rival kingdoms'

I used 'rival kingdoms' because that's what it says on the wiki under affinities

• Both players involved must be members of rival kingdoms

And if i worded it any other way i'd have someone asking if rival kingdoms is what i meant. What words would you use instead?

If it's a reward for killing someone, then why would they have to be of another kingdom? I agree that the way of selling/removing affinities is a pretty stupid workaround but why's it necessary? it's barely an inconvenience past the first time when you have to set up an area, if trading affinities is a problem then shouldn't the fight skill raised to something a little higher like 50 or 70? both are still easy to get but it takes away from the selling point since grinding for 50/70fs on a random alt you made for an affinity isn't worth it for the price you may get for a good affinity, and if it's a reward for killing people rewarding someone for killing someone that's 20fs or w/e while you're over 70 seems a bit stupid.

It's incentive to PvP in kingdom warfare, large scale as it was designed for.  Killing within kingdom creates hermit group think and thus no large scale PvP.

;) So big bag of no, and little more no please no.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Brew said:

It's incentive to PvP in kingdom warfare, large scale as it was designed for.  Killing within kingdom creates hermit group think and thus no large scale PvP.

;) So big bag of no, and little more no please no.

Alright then, that makes sense, thanks for the explanation for the mechanic.

• Like 1