Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

Player God Champs not respecting follow requirment for base kingdoms.

Seems base template kingdoms ID can bypass the requirement for a player god to be following you as noted in this post below in certain cases seems like a check to let base kingdoms always champ as fo/mag/vyn/lib with a slight bug in it.  Checks directly for a base kingdom ID bypassing the must favor requirement for a kingdom to champ as that player god if it has a certain perk it inherited from another god.

(Threap's code snippet and explanation of the likely cause of the problem)

Edited by Darklords

Apparently not a bug just incompetent staff mistake when communicating.

Just had a look into it, and its not really a bug - more miscommunication on Retro's part in that post.

MR Template kingdoms are able to champ any warrior god without needing to be favored at the time, JK template kingdoms are able to champ non-warrior gods.

-budda

most unbalanced mechanic ever. 

After checking with the dev team, it's intended that MR always counts as "in favour" with Warrior gods, non warrior gods always count as in favour with JK too. It's always been this way since player gods turned up. 

So while it's not a bug, if it's raised as a suggestion to change, and supported, then we'd be happy to make the change. 

• Like 2

wow so Oscarius stays champ because of miscommunicaton . After premming up some sermon alts to get the sme influence in our favor Im pretty much done now wiht Epic. Way to keep people playing guys........

Edited by Rhianna
  • Like 1

How about actually communicating the right information to the players instead of providing false misleading information. Because of your misinformation to the players they spend hundred plus euros in premium to do attempt a champ slot because you said the mechanics was one. When in reality you had no idea what it was. How is that fair to the players ? Do they get compensation for your mistake ? Things like these are what push players away from them game. Own up to your mistake and fix it. Not saying dechamp Oscarius but find a way to compensate for your mistake. Rome decided to take another shot at epic ( a dead cluster before we came back ) premed up over 30 accounts for 1-2 months and some for much longer. After this display by the staff I will not attempt anything on epic or ask of our players to do so. Your complete disregard for your small and declining player base who despite everything continue loyal is just piss poor. @Rolfwould at least attempt at compensating people. Thank you @Budda @Retrogradethis was enough of a display of how much you care about your player base. I'm done and I'm sure many others will be after this as well. 

Edited by Egard
  • Like 3

As we said, nothing was changed with champs in terms of eligibility. The fact this can be done was not changed or added, it was simply an undiscovered mechanic. We actually had to check the code to find it too, and this is why this issue has arisen, it's not a matter of omitted notes or details, we weren't aware of them either.

Now that we know it's there we are open to discussing changing it as long as it's favoured by all, and will continue to work with you all on that. 

As for what will be done that has not been determined yet, there's still discussion to be had there, I'm aware of the losses incurred from this and we'll be talking with the GM team about that and what we can do. 

• Like 1

Thread for anyone interesting in discussing some changes to it here.

Edited by Darklords

coming from the other side of the table here, imo why not just do a quick fix and allow all kingdoms to have whatever player god champs they want I mean its widely supported and would fix this whole issue, its not fair to dechamp oscar but its also not fair to those that thought they were preventing the champing in the first place

• Like 7

It's a matter of you communicating about a change when you didn't even know the mechanics fully. You mislead by providing only a limited information. If you or budda had not said a word on it. Then this happened fine it would have been a unknown mechanic. But you both communicated that the mechanics was one way when in reality there's a lot more to it. Now it's time to put the big boy pants on and own your mistake and fix it. How you do it will determine if you hold your player base or not. I recently was hacked and had acc stolen much like the mr incident and the gm team restored my faith in them by handling the situation properly. But you failing to even acknowledge your mistake and say yes I shouldn't have spoken about a mechanics that we didn't know how it worked completely just discourages people. Can we even trust any of the information you post regarding new changes and fixes is accurate ? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, platinumteef said:

coming from the other side of the table here, imo why not just do a quick fix and allow all kingdoms to have whatever player god champs they want I mean its widely supported and would fix this whole issue, its not fair to dechamp oscar but its also not fair to those that thought they were preventing the champing in the first place

Ya def a shitty situation for both sides, and hording champs is just silly and we are just as guilty of the same thing on chaos as Crusaders hoarding 2/3 sme slots on chaos and the only reason we don't have 3/3 was a miscommunication on when to login the 3rd sme and some one snagging it from us quickly due to that mistake or we would still own 3/3.

I am sorry this happened, this was not an intentional misleading or withholding information. Given the fact that a huge amount of the game was written long before the current dev team stepped in means there's a lot of mechanics in there that they didn't play any part in writing. This means there's opportunities for undiscovered mechanics and functions to exist that unless they are specifically looked for, would not be found. It's unfortunate that it's happened here and I will be working with the GM team to address the mishap. 

When our changes to how hots worked with player gods came in, we communicated about those changes and I gave all information that was given to me, the fact is this mechanic was a completely separate part of any of our changes, and has existed since player gods were first introduced.

• Like 5