Sign in to follow this  
Samusen

Chandeliers

To be quite honest ceilings in this game are just so bland in big rooms.  You often have everything cluttered around on the bottom floor.  While you look up at a plain ceiling with nothing for the eyes to focus on.  I'd love to see some Chandeliers added to the game. 

Just an idea for implementation, have them hang from the ceiling of say the 2nd floor.  So that they appear under the second floor.  Obviously they should only stick out slightly on the 2nd floor.  So that they can still be hidden by a rug/furniture ect.  Yet be fairly easy to spot and pick up.   Could do various styles/colors to give a bigger range for JS and BS as well.

Edited by Samusen
  • Like 2

As a workaround, try dead sea creatures. They can last quite long in houses.

• Like 1

Make actual hooks in all roof tiles, that are select-able from below.  Could be invisible container that could hold any lantern or lamp head, which would no longer have any decay in the hook/container.  Eventually add chandeliers and other ceiling light fixtures for sure, but start with the mechanism to attach them and use existing lighting?  I think I've shown this in forums before, but you can do some tricks to add ceiling lighting, but it is a chore.  Copper Brazier in my entryway ceiling. Would have liked to make it a lantern, but since there aren't ladders for climbing up to refill and repair, I went with a perma light option.

ewUWjMl.jpg

Edited by Wurmhole
  • Like 1

Chandeliers made from dead sea creatures!!!

... bones too for that matter.

11 hours ago, zigozag said:

As a workaround, try dead sea creatures. They can last quite long in houses.

Spoiler

8J3jE6R.png

yes to ceiling lights, but it would be nice if there was a way to actually make the bottoms of floors look like an actual ceiling too instead of beams and furniture legs sticking through.  id hope it would be doable similar to how we make fancy cave floors and walls

• Like 1