Sign in to follow this  
Worksock

Add a delay to pop update (pvp)

hello

add a 1h delay to population updates on both /who and the website for pvp servers

something that is widely used by pvpers is using server pop to determine if it's safe to pvp or not

i'd go a bit more indepth about this but I feel as though most people are already very familiar about how this feature can influence pvp actions so I don't think it's necessary

also because i'm godawful at making posts

thx

• Like 4

+1

It's not that bad.  I only /who about 50 times a day while on Chaos.

All jokes aside I think this has been suggested before and I like the idea.  Needs to be the same server wide so the login server and forum post that has population listed is lagging also.

• Like 2

Delete /who command entirely, but have the hour delay via website. 

You da man worksock

• Like 1

:facepalm: So you want even less people to log on chaos because it's "never safe"?

1h delay would be perfect and remove the /who thingy.

I think this will result in more pvp encounters. Now you check population before you og out and do stuff and see that enemy Kingdom have x3 Your numbers, ah og back to deed and log off.

+1 for sure

On 6/7/2017 at 9:44 PM, Drastox said:

Delete /who command entirely

no comment on suggestion either for/against, but don't remove /who entirely.  even if it doesn't help show how many are online it shows what server you're on which pretty much is the only way i can think of atm to tell a noob/returner what server they're on (it actually has been needed before when epic was more alive).  granted there could be made some other ways to see what server you're on, just seems redundant when /who does it

Pretty sure opening the map is set to server you are on.

Isn't the bigger issue that even if it was delayed theres the graph site that tell you how many are on each server... People would use that to get around epics /who system that was changed so you couldn't see pop of server you are on.

2 hours ago, shankiest said:

Isn't the bigger issue that even if it was delayed theres the graph site that tell you how many are on each server... People would use that to get around epics /who system that was changed so you couldn't see pop of server you are on.

people already bypass that change all the time

it's been reported in the bugs forum but never got fixed

21 hours ago, shankiest said:

oh I guess that's a good point, I don't use the ingame map often since its such low quality

the graphs were set to a 1 hour timer minimum fyi.  it still means you can get an accurate count once per hour, but yeah

+1 on removing the playercount entirely from /who

• Like 1