Sign in to follow this  
Riddles

Smoke Houses And Jerkey Dried Foods

Hi guys, one of your local new settlers in the game here. Soooo I was playing on Epic and I thought to myself about food. . .what if there was a feature build for cooking called a SMOKE HOUSE? Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I figure it's worth posting about.
I imagine a small 1x1 kind of shack that would host a campfire/stone rig inside, hooks from the top that would show the meat when you placed/equipped it in the structure.
It would require, coal to fuel, water for steam, and select woods fuel to smoke the foods. (Possibly utilize salt as well to "cure" the meats)
Now what would be the benefit of all of this?
It would be able to allow a reason to smoke foods in order to preserve them for a longer period of time.
(Example, traveling long distances, shipping, storage, battles, sieges.)
You could also allow the ability to dry foods in there as well with a slightly altered recipe, no water and more coal.

Of course these items would not be as nutritious as other more complex recipes but perhaps this could be a feature that the community may be interested in? Idk Just been thinking while I've been scavenging.

~Riddles "Hi, I'm new here."

• Like 3

+1

Easy to add, could be listed under a "container item" and you just fill it with meat and light it off until it burns out (like a coal pile). Would be yet another interesting side of the nearly endless possibilities of cooking.

• Like 2

+1

Smoked fish has come up in the past and would be great too.

If they really want to go nuts, maybe wood type used as fuel could impart flavor that affects affinity.

• Like 2

+1. I usually -1 for new recipes now, but i really want this in my kitchen just for looks :D. Probably wont use it like the Still thats in there... but would look nice.

This is brilliant, I don't know how it's not implemented yet. People have been smoking meat to prevent decay since forever. We're already able to make like cheese, pizza and other fancy stuff and still can't make jerky? Outrageous.

I didn't even read.

I just saw the name of the topic and quickly entered it then just as quickly scrolled to the bottom of it to write this and add a +1.

That's how much I like this topic.

This is a very good topic.

Thank you.

+1

Buccan is granted more for drying fish over a low fire. Also the origin of the term buccaneers.