Sign in to follow this  
Nomadikhan

Allow loading rowboats into large vessels

It just makes sense... traditionally, large ships all had row boats for landing parties or even for survival craft.  Let us load row boats into Corbita, Cogs, and Caravels.  Knarrs traditionally didn't have them, but for wogic purposes let us load them too (so people don't cry).

Plus, if a wagon can fit, a rowboat should too.

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 10

+1 If we can load a wagon or cart why not a rowboat!

• Like 1

This the 4th time I've seen a suggestion like this and I'm all for it.  At least load a rowboat for the boats that can't go into shallow water.  Like Knarr wouldn't be able to load a rowboat.  Only Cog, Corbita and Caravel should be able to load rowboat.

They should do something to get the bigger boats more popular in the game.  Most everyone uses either a Sailboat or a Knarr everywhere.  The other boats just aren't taken or used seriously in this game since can't go shallow water.

• Like 2

Yeah this would be pretty neat.

• Like 1

+10000 to this, would absolutely adore this feature. :)

• Like 1

We can load a full large cart or full wagon (which is super amazing to be able to do now by the way) into a large boat so why not a small rowboat. :)

+1

Just unsure if rowboat should take any volume...to be able to... sell or deliver a full boat with crates and return with the spare rowboat..:huh::unsure:

• Like 1

I'd say it should take up space/volume just as any other loaded vehicle would.  I'd like to see it fit in with wurm's ideals.

Edited by Nomadikhan

IMO it'd fill up a bit more space than a large cart. The point isn't to mass transport them, but to have a secondary small ship at your disposal.

• Like 2

Safe boats are usually on deck.. while cargo is below.. I see no problem.. limit the loading to 1 boat.. OR cut from storage volume, problem solved.:huh:

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Finnn said:

Safe boats are usually on deck.. while cargo is below.. I see no problem.. limit the loading to 1 boat.. OR cut from storage volume, problem solved.:huh:

Exactly.

1 hour ago, Wolfey said:

IMO it'd fill up a bit more space than a large cart. The point isn't to mass transport them, but to have a secondary small ship at your disposal.

Exactly.

We don't always have a port available and in those cases you moored offshore and used the skiff or jetty to landho!~

Edited by Nomadikhan

Personally I think the realism would go out of the window in something like this, but it would make sense. :P

2 minutes ago, Wolfey said:

Personally I think the realism would go out of the window in something like this, but it would make sense. :P

Greadtly depends how it would be implemented.  Row type boats have been used for hundreds of years to moor large ships offshore and sail to shore with.  It would need good care in balancing, but makes sense to do.

I would be happy if they just re-enabled dragging a boat while commanding the larger boat. That was quite handy.

• Like 3

+1

Rowboat should not be much different in size than a large cart and loadable in all ships that could carry a large cart.

• Like 2

Loading a Rowboat or having a built in dingy on the large ships would be great.

I'd also love to see a tow rope, so you can bring home boats you left somewhere, or when buying/selling boats. They don't need to be able to cross borders.

• Like 3

On 6/5/2017 at 4:37 PM, Lolabelle said:

I would be happy if they just re-enabled dragging a boat while commanding the larger boat. That was quite handy.

+1

Suck if they give you a choice to either drag a horse or a boat though.  Can't have your cake and eat it too.

• Like 1