Sign in to follow this  
Seriphina

Relocate Deed Token Option

I know I'm not the only person who has run into the issue of a deed token being in an inconvenient place after a deed has been around for a while.  I have a fairly large deed, and the current location of the token, which was placed a LOOOOONG time ago by another player, is not a great spot and terribly inconvenient.  Since taking over this deed, I've expanded it to about 5x it's original size.  This was before I realized what it would take to move the token, something I wasn't looking at as a relatively new land owner.  I've looked at what it would take to disband my deed and place it again, and it would be over 50 silver, in addition to the silver I'd already spent to expand it in the first place.  I don't know about everyone else, but I don't enjoy spending silver for the sake of watching it go away.  I'm not rich by any means.

So, here's the thing.  I can rename my settlement for a mere 5 silvers.  That's pretty reasonable.  Why can't we do something like this for the token location?  Moved to another location, within the same deed, subject to restrictions such as must be outside of buildings, at least 5 tiles away from any deed border, can't be placed in water... and so on.  Only let it be done every x number of months.  We've paid once to place the deed, we're not putting down a new deed, we're just moving an object on the deed.

It's not entirely monetary either.  Perhaps there's a building on the deed that was created by someone else and you don't have manage permissions.  If you disband, you can't deed over that building again.  Perhaps you like the building and don't want to have to destroy it.  Furthermore, placing a new deed means we will have to go through and reset all of the permissions we've got set.  It's a HUGE headache for something so insignificant.

Please, give us a way to fix what could be a simple mistake in location or a situation where the growth of an area has changed the needs of the players without it costing an arm and a leg and months or years of work, or please make it possible for a GM to override the system and relocate a token for us.

Thank you for your consideration.

Edited by Seriphina
  • Like 26

Not a  bad idea. As long as it fits with the 5 minimal tiles going all directions from the token(5,5,5,5 for the minimal deed), then I think it would work well enough.

+1

• Like 4

What about the placement makes it inconvenient? Is it a matter of not being able to reach it easily, or it being in the way of planning? 

Relocating it again if that's a thing.. As it is.. it's probably to be closer to the main building she uses, after expanding a deed a few times.. what was once the center or most used space on the deed could now be somewhere ~far, around several buildings etc.. makes it annoying to go and drop coins there or use the token bank.

Besides that.. Many of token features are available from inventory anywhere on the server, withdrawal and returning coins or working with the bank are the two things that have been addressed in other topics asking for new object similar to token's functionality.. but placed at more convenient places, like next to a mailbox, current house, etc.

+1

• Like 6

+1 for relocating  the token wit those conditions:

- must cost some silver

- once for a period of time (half year for example)

- not with the enemy in local and some time after enemy left the local

Would be great if someone add feature of moving token underground.

Edited by Wilczan
  • Like 7

+1
The though of having to lift up your whole deed just to move it is mind boggling, and having to pay all the fees again just makes it look greedy from the developers part (even if it's not intended). 

If we are already paying for the land (renting) the least that can be done is get assistance making it more enjoyable to own. This should of been a feature from the start imo. 

• Like 4

Think on this too, for pvp servers.  As long as no enemies are in local or on deeded tiles (whatever is best) you can move your token.  You got drained last night?  Move your token to throw off the enemy!  Build a harder to break through building or dirt pit and relocate the token. 

It's not just for freedom convenience now, but has real pvp use.

+1

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Retrograde said:

What about the placement makes it inconvenient? Is it a matter of not being able to reach it easily, or it being in the way of planning? 

It's basically at the far end of the deed now that the deed has been expanded.  Would like to have it more central, or be able to choose it's placement based on my own deed plan, instead of having to plan my deed around the token. Every other obstacle can be overcome, from clay tiles transmuted to dirt or rock tiles being surface mined, but this one thing has to stay static for some reason.

• Like 1

mine is 5 tiles up the side of a mountain and you have to climb to get to it, i would call that inconvenient.

• Like 3

I understand that reason for the token to be where it is, hench it serves as a marker on the games server to show where to place marked squares or spots in the program for "renting" pixel space. But the idea of a alternate "bank box" like spirit mailboxes might be a good alternative. Could place them anywhere and all the did was gave access to bank functions for deed.

• Like 4

For me I'd like to move my token because after redesigning now the token is at the corner of a house instead of near a road.  I'm all for this as long as you can't do it on Chaos of course.

- Costs 5 Silver

- Can only be done once every year (or maybe 6 months).

- Can not be done on Chaos

• Like 4

+1

I once had to change my whole deed to properly protect what i had (way before the one sided expansion and cheaper landcost), moving it back to the old spot would be a good change... specially if it doesn't cost 1g (land value).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, armyskin said:

mine is 5 tiles up the side of a mountain and you have to climb to get to it, i would call that inconvenient.

I had a token placed on a deed I bought so far up the mountain (took sandwich's to get to it) the only way I could make decent access to it was to re-organize a tunnel system to pop out up there. Would of been nice to just be able to drag it down to the bottom without having to disband the deed.

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, nicedreams said:

For me I'd like to move my token because after redesigning now the token is at the corner of a house instead of near a road.  I'm all for this as long as you can't do it on Chaos of course.

- Costs 5 Silver

- Can only be done once every year (or maybe 6 months).

- Can not be done on Chaos

What if it can be done on Chaos, but some additional restrictions prevent abuse on either server set? I hate to see anyone left out.

No enemies in area (similar to when a deed is placed, the game would scan the survey area for players and mobs)

Cannot be moved if token has been drained in past 24 hours (or something like that, I don't play Chaos so I'm not sure about specifics)

Must have at least 28 days of upkeep in coffers

Costs x Silver

Can only be done every 90 days (with a timer response similar to meditation paths: Not enough time has passed to settle the token in it's current location)

• Like 1

Level 5 gm power on WU can move tokens any where on a planned deed. Not sure why GM's on WO couldn't do the same.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Seriphina said:

What if it can be done on Chaos, but some additional restrictions prevent abuse on either server set? I hate to see anyone left out.

No enemies in area (similar to when a deed is placed, the game would scan the survey area for players and mobs)

Cannot be moved if token has been drained in past 24 hours (or something like that, I don't play Chaos so I'm not sure about specifics)

Must have at least 28 days of upkeep in coffers

Costs x Silver

Can only be done every 90 days (with a timer response similar to meditation paths: Not enough time has passed to settle the token in it's current location)

In addition, I would also suggest making it where there is a server wide announcement(on that pvp server) when a deed token has been resettled.

Why? Well It makes moving the token put you at risk of being a target.

So basically it would say in event on that pvp server:

"The settlement of x has moved their deed token."

I also like the making sure enemy players are not in the area so people have to go hunt that bastard in local preventing them from moving their token. Can make it where lower CR players can play hide and seek with people who wanna kill em.

• Like 2

No no no no.. makes it more fun for the next raid to find it.. as long it costs something to move it around on pvp.. who cares.. your prey is paying both ways. Scouts.. prepare your spyglasses, and locate the token!:o

• Like 1

I'd love to be able to move my deed token without disbanding and reforming the deed, it's no longer anywhere near the center of village activity anymore

Edited by Darmalus
  • Like 2

gets a big +1 from me

Edited by Steveleeb
  • Like 2

Didn't realize the post was being graded for formatting... Fixed for people who dislike reading.  I am not going to add APA format or annotations, so don't bother asking.

It's a suggestion on an internet forum, not a term paper.

Edited by Seriphina

A good suggestion as outlined. Say 5 silver cost with a 6 month interval limitation. No need to have any "important" reason to do so either. It could be as simple as another spot is preferable. What's the difference. Pay the 5 silver and done. As for the pvp servers they can work out their own issues since for PvE they are of no concern nor responsibility.

=Ayes=

Digging this gem back up from the depths because it's still a relevant desire for me.  It would cost around 40 silver to disband and re-found my deed and that would hurt my heart soooo much because I'm not exactly wealthy.

So, once again, developers, please create a way for us to relocate the deed token. As long as we abide the 5 on each side minimums, I don't see how it would negatively impact gameplay to move a sundial. As some have pointed out, it can actually spice things up a bit in PVP zones.

Some requirements previously discussed:

Must cost silver. 5 or so seems fair.

Has a cooldown timer - between 90 days and 6 months seems a fair amount of time.

Creates a global announcement.

• Like 2