Sign in to follow this  
DiWorm

Mass Creature Removal

Hello there!

If you make a large maximum number of creatures, sooner or later they will begin to float away to the sea and swim there. For example, horses do this.

The essence of the modification: kill every 24 hours of the clock all creatures in the water except sea creatures and traitors.

I don't have this happen to mobs on my map. I added global code to all creatures only creatures that actually still do this are sea creatures. I've not looked into the roam code but sounds like they keep repeating a pattern that eventually they all wind up in same location. Kind of like roaming in a square then head north roam in square head north eventually all animals would wind up north if there is no alternative directions.

21 minutes ago, Arkonick said:

I don't have this happen to mobs on my map. I added global code to all creatures only creatures that actually still do this are sea creatures. I've not looked into the roam code but sounds like they keep repeating a pattern that eventually they all wind up in same location. Kind of like roaming in a square then head north roam in square head north eventually all animals would wind up north if there is no alternative directions.

What your code do?

I didn't add any code all I did was give all creatures the global roam code that CC already had in game that was used only for the gods and sea creatures. Haven't looked into all the move code but from the sound of it the global code follows a different pattern.

Local and global move code combined seems to fix the creatures on the main map. All tho the sea creatures only have global move code same as the god, I will do some testing and add local move code to see if it stops the sea creatures from going all up north on the map. Will take a few days to let the map update and do any random changes from them maybe a week or too will keep you posted. 

It might be that with local and global they are getting movement they don't get with just one causing them to be more random and not end up in one spot. My original map was running for a year never had the land mobs do this only sea creatures.

Never paid attention to it till seeing this post but after just checking yea the sea creatures had only global roam code.

Global and local is just a byte code number that leads to the real code which I've really not looked into. So if the creatures having both fix the issue then it's as simple as just giving global to the mobs who don't have it and local to the mobs that have only local.

This is my map. You can see all the tiny dots on land are thousands of animals all over. harder to see the sea but there spread out real good. I'm not having that issue on my new map with sea creatures looks like I had done added both global and local move code to the sea creatures before this map was started.

creatures_zpspgnofzfw.png