Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

WSA: DNS connectivity issues

try that or drag nicedream's ear and make him help.. I'm out for the nite

59 minutes ago, KageTenshi said:

They need to go to cortana, find command prompt and right click that and open as administrator to use that. 

or just right click start button and click command prompt (admin) ez

Aaaand how would I manage to do this on a Mac? Anyone has an idea?

I've found that you need to give yourself security permissions to alter the file, then the new address file saves fine.

Ok been out of game now.  Trying to change host file in Win. 8.1, trying to create link to host jenn1, but it keeps saying I need admin permission to change the file.  So I created a specific admin account and signed in under it, and still keep getting same message... Any idea how to actually I guess get admin permissions to do this.  Never ran into this issue before so like really confused atm.  Can't even try this to see if it might work to fix the Wurm issue.

this is very easy to follow to get admin rights on your host file :) hope it helps Billingsley

Seems like the problem is finally fixed, and also looks like we aren't getting any kind of compensation for loss of game time. 

The game was up an running all the time so no need for compensation. Call your ISP and complain instead.

• Like 2

Question is, who caused the whole problem. As I understand, the reason for all the 24+hr trouble was, that someone forgot to type in "game" to the "jenn001.game.wurmonline.com". This is not my/your/someone elses ISP problem.

Nothing to do with any of our ISPs. Looking at the output of `dig`, see below, would suggest that jenn001.game... got removed from the domain. And the serial number was not incremented when this was corrected, so it was not reloaded and propogated.

; <<>> DiG 9.8.3-P1 <<>> jenn001.game.wurmonline.com any
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NXDOMAIN, id: 38245
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;jenn001.game.wurmonline.com.	IN	ANY

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
wurmonline.com.		1799	IN	SOA	ns01.crystone.se. registry.crystone.se. 1495089467 43200 5400 604800 3600

;; Query time: 58 msec
;; SERVER: 8.8.8.8#53(8.8.8.8)
;; WHEN: Wed May 31 07:42:14 2017
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 106

Comparing this with the output from after it being fixed, shows the the serial number has been increased, appears to be using a epoch timestamp, so was likely fixed at 7:26 UTC this morning.

thanks for the 3days premium....but id gladly trade it in if you can turn back the ingame clock for the time we missed....orange and lemon harvests are over....grape and apple in a few hours :/  seasons for forestry are too short and even more packed now, and to wait 40 days to harvest what we missed because of the downtime really hurts.... 

Pyro, you are a bit mistaken.  Orange and lemons are not in season yet, it's still a Wurm month before that, so several days at least.  Hazelnuts are just starting to have the funny smell, but you are right apples and grapes will very soon be out of season.

[17:05:30] It is 12:39:21 on Luck day in week 1 of the starfall of Dancers in the year of 1066.

they changed season times...oranges are now fire week 4, lemons raven week 2....both gone now

I think we need someone to verify this.  I have been able to get in every day during this issue because I knew how to make the adjustments to my files, and did not see them harvestable any day.  Anyone out there that harvested lemons and oranges in the last 3 days that can verify, please respond.

UPDATE  Just logged in, oranges say nothing yet, but lemons say they will soon be ripe.  Ripening before oranges just like they always have, I believe you have been given some bad information.

Edited by Vroomfondel

Harvest time changes

Harvest times have been adjusted slightly.

Changes:

Olives: Starfall of  Fires, Week 1

Lemon: Starfall of  Ravens, Week 2

Orange: Starfall of  Ravens,Week 4

Walnut: Starfall of  Dancers, Week 1

Additions:

Raspberry: Starfall of  Dancers, Week 1

Blueberry: Starfall of  Shark, Week 3

Lingonberry: Starfall of  Dancers, Week 3

Edited by Pyro

If I recall the new harvest timers might take the new wurrm year to work right. 

that info would have been useful in the original post...

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this