Sign in to follow this  
Darmalus

Prepare and Pave Rock Tiles

With the ability to prepare and pave bridges coming soon, it doesn't seem too outlandish to request the same ability for rock tiles.

It's already possible, just drop 1 dirt.

If it would flow because it is too steep, then it is probably also too steep to traverse, in which case it probably has no business being paved.

• Like 2

It would be useful in case you'd want a paved tile between rock tiles with no grass inbetween.

6 hours ago, zigozag said:

It would be useful in case you'd want a paved tile between rock tiles with no grass inbetween.

This. Some areas are rocky (sides of the mountains) and would be nice to have ability to make just 1 tile wide path.

And also try to pave that (tile is flat rock, but slopes on each side are too big to drop dirt, it just flow down:

wurm.20170527.1725.jpg

So +1

Not sure I'd want to see pottery brick mountains out there.  If somebody can pave an entire mountain, somebody will.

Seems like some limitations would need to be agreed upon.

Until that's figured out, I'd say -1.  When figured out, +1, bringing me back to 0.

@Wilczanwould it be possible to surface mine the flat rock down just 1 on each corner, then level the tile by the door carrying 2 dirts from a tile further inland?  Would involve a whole lotta destruction and not sure it would even work, but just curious theoretically.

Edit:: actually, maybe the far corners of the flat rock tile stay where they are, so that it's not a -1 slope when dirt hits the inside corners... or would the dirt slide down even if leveling the paved tile from a tile back?

Edited by Reylaark
curiosity+further thought

2 hours ago, Reylaark said:

Not sure I'd want to see pottery brick mountains out there.  If somebody can pave an entire mountain, somebody will.

Seems like some limitations would need to be agreed upon.

Until that's figured out, I'd say -1.  When figured out, +1, bringing me back to 0.

@Wilczanwould it be possible to surface mine the flat rock down just 1 on each corner, then level the tile by the door carrying 2 dirts from a tile further inland?  Would involve a whole lotta destruction and not sure it would even work, but just curious theoretically.

Edit:: actually, maybe the far corners of the flat rock tile stay where they are, so that it's not a -1 slope when dirt hits the inside corners... or would the dirt slide down even if leveling the paved tile from a tile back?

Nah, leveled tile must be a dirt before leveling. Anyway, slopes there are too big to level. This is valrei event mountain.