Sign in to follow this  
Niki

Embarking Bug, and Memory Leaks

3 hours ago, Propheteer said:

they usually abuse them a year after reporting them because they don't get fixed, in most cases, until they are blatantly and heavily abused. not to mention up until recently, 99% of the people who abused anything didn't even get so much as a verbal warning.

WTS bug for continuous infinite gains for shield training pm me :ph34r:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Budda said:

Just an update: now that we've actually had a couple of people send us info with the steps they found to reproduce it - we've been able to reproduce it at will on test and local servers. Fix for it will be soon. Thanks to those that managed to find those steps and send them to us.

Holy ######, another long standing bug with a fix in the works.   Fatigue regen fixed, now the embark bug getting fixed....   It's almost like the staff started listening to customers that want broken crap fixed.    Keep this up, this is good.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Greyfox said:

Holy ######, another long standing bug with a fix in the works.   Fatigue regen fixed, now the embark bug getting fixed....   It's almost like the staff started listening to customers that want broken crap fixed.    Keep this up, this is good.  

Soon you will have to start making up things to complain about, Greyfox, because the legit reasons will soon be patched. This is an omen of good things to come.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

Soon you will have to start making up things to complain about, Greyfox, because the legit reasons will soon be patched. This is an omen of good things to come.

I was literally just thinking "wtf am i gonna ###### about now  though!?" Good stuff xD

(woad....it'll always be woad farming)

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

I'm already running out of things to complain about.   At this point I'm at annoying new cooking system and <insert comment about poor level of customer service from some staff that wont get this post deleted>   :)   Like I said before, I'm not hard to please, a few basic things and I'm happy :)

2 hours ago, Budda said:

Just an update: now that we've actually had a couple of people send us info with the steps they found to reproduce it - we've been able to reproduce it at will on test and local servers. Fix for it will be soon. Thanks to those that managed to find those steps and send them to us.

Rant and ye shall receive!

=D nice one this'll cheer a few people up.

• Like 1

Glad this thread served it's purpose. Thanks for potential fix. 

Memory leak fix next maybe?

Edited by Niki
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mordraug said:

Rant and ye shall receive!

=D nice one this'll cheer a few people up.

Ranting helps literally nothing - the only reason this is being fixed is because a couple of people found the steps to reproduce it at will.

• Like 16

*snip*

Edited by Mordraug
meh, nvm

Some people will never be happy. Those people also enjoy the misery of others and watching the world burn usually. :). Thank you budda and all who solved the issue.

I see a thread that could of easily went no where until active discussions were happening and people wanted to help instead of demand things be fixed "do your job " attitudes.

Would you act that way in a paying restaurant? ?

Edited by Brew
Know to no
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, cccdfern said:

Picard facepalm HD

Thanks to whomever sent in the stuff to get this on its way to being fixed.

Indeed! :)

I was really pulling for my "sound" theory, but hopefully I'll prove myself useful some other time instead. :P

Much thanks to the players who are happy to be helpful!

And now, for something completely different...

texas-viking.jpg

• Like 1

Can we please have a profile switch where we could turn back the embark bug if we going to miss it? Wurm will not be the same without it :P

I can't be more happy for today seeing there is a solution coming, this bug is really an itchy one.

• Like 3

Well that wasnt hard was it? Maybe a learning lession for the devs? Ask for help sometimes about specific bugs?

• Like 1

Also a lesson learned for us players - if we try we can be pretty specific on describing bugs and circumstances...

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Budda said:

Woot.  Good job devs. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Redd said:

Well that wasnt hard was it? Maybe a learning lession for the devs? Ask for help sometimes about specific bugs?

They've been asking for help with reproducing this for a long time...

• Like 3

People complain over a bug. Then they complain when it gets fixed. Such is the way of the Troll and the misanthrope.

Great job, Budda, and great job to those who helped. The community is grateful. Can we, the code illiterate masses, know what causes it so we can avoid it while the patch comes?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

People complain over a bug. Then they complain when it gets fixed. Such is the way of the Troll and the misanthrope.

Great job, Budda, and great job to those who helped. The community is grateful. Can we, the code illiterate masses, know what causes it so we can avoid it while the patch comes?

I hope you don't mind me stating this, but you literally starting playing based on your forum account around November. A lot of us have been playing years, this bug was about 2 years + old by now.

This is a player perspective, but literally no shown effort up until now was put into trying to isolate the issue. They might of been working on it day and night for years but I doubt that! They said they were actively trying to get players to help, and honestly I never even heard of that until recently in this thread.

Communication is important if you want feedback, simply making a thread asking for feedback publicly might of worked faster. Also not everyone is best friends with the DEVs, or buddy-buddy with them on IRC, most of them don't even read your message in their forum inboxes either or even in IRC! It sets the mood real nice when you feel ignored by them. Paying customers are important, if you don't like them dealing with us hire more PR. I feel like as a whole that could use some real improvement, another day perhaps.

Not everyone is complaining here, try not to make a verdict from one person. Its hard expect everyone to be super positive, when this isn't the first time a severe bug was fixed on a whim. If getting solutions is by making a thread, I'm super happy I created the conversation spark that fixed this.

Thanks. o/

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Niki said:

I hope you don't mind me stating this, but you literally starting playing based on your forum account around November. A lot of us have been playing years, this bug was about 2 years + old by now.

This is a player perspective, but literally no shown effort up until now was put into trying to isolate the issue. They might of been working on it day and night for years but I doubt that! They said they were actively trying to get players

I had a response for your post as you can see above, but the forums ate it and now it wont let me edit it with that stupid reply box bug. But such is life. 

Good thing your post is not worth a reply anyways.

32 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

Good thing your post is not worth a reply anyways.

Alright, sorry you took what I said personal.

This thread should probably get locked if the fix is incoming. 

I guess I shouldn't have taken a personal attack as personal. Silly me.

12 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

I guess I shouldn't have taken a personal attack as personal. Silly me.

Totally wasn't, but alright. I apologize.

21 hours ago, cccdfern said:

Picard facepalm HD

Face palm for expecting a small level of professionalism from staff?   Weird world when crap customer service is defended.....

I'd like to take the time to acknowledge the information given to us by Platinumteef and Cerber, who provided us the information we needed in order to replicate this bug and thus work on resolving it.

As such, both will be given the clairvoyant title and I'm sure a large round of applause by all those who have experienced this bug in the past. 

From the dev team and myself, thank you Platinumteef and Cerber!

• Like 10