Sign in to follow this  
Skyfalls

Unique skins for everyone

It would be very nice if each individual island had their own unique skin for wagons and flags and such.It shouldnt be very hard to implement what with the various skins already available exclusively to the chaos server.Then everyone on the different islands can show their pride in where they live as well:D

Edited by Skyfalls
  • Like 4

Would be nice if they sold different designs on the cash shop. With a token or something that would open a special interface you can create your custom art with. It could work using premade designs, and you get to place them if different spots, logos, banners, crests, sigils, glyphs, you get the idea.

Your idea is challenging though because they would need to make a personal image system. Other sandbox games have custom art you can upload, so I've seen it done before. I think Black Desert and Archage have something like this.

It would be probable if everyone had one custom upload per character and there is a wait time till it's added into the game (they would be able to check to see if its appropriate).

Another way is by streaming the art data into the game. Currently most of the PMK art is packaged into the graphic.jar and you have to update it every time they add it.  I really don't know the logistics if you can stream data with java though, the game might become unplayable. Second Life has something like this and it works there.

You also have to take into account the requirements for it to work, there is only one art guy that I'm aware of, so how would you streamline creating new wagon art without a simplified process for it's users to make it with?

I like the idea though. The cash shop has a lot of potential for things like this also. 

The system right now is anyone can buy a kingdom and get art made on chaos, it would be nice to see something similar for freedom by use of a different system.

Edited by Niki
  • Like 4

Own banners are amazing idea, and i've suggested it long time ago. However for me it should be some kind of reward for achievements. For example if you get a Knight title, then you can select/ buy your own banners. Or if you get some kind of nobility achievement/ title which could be added to game, then I'd be +1. 

Perhaps devs could connect it with loyality titles XYZ of Lomaner for staying premium in game. Afterall, not every peaseant had his own banner ;)

Like Alkhadias said, it should be somewhat restricted otherwise we'd have 5000 different types of banners made by alts and non-prems.

Buying designs in the cash shop is a shortcut towards micropayments in Wurm which will make 80% of us quit. However, getting an ability (not an obligation) to create your own banners as pictures in a fixed size given to us by the devs would work. There are plenty of family crest generators on the web which would work well for this and don't take a lot of work so you find one, create a coat of arms and send it over in the right topic or to the right person. Then bam - you get permissions to sew your own banners.

It would also be wise to add a permission system to custom banners, so that you could get peasants or slaves to sew them for you :)

7 hours ago, Alkhadias said:

However for me it should be some kind of reward for achievements. For example if you get a Knight title, then you can select/ buy your own banners.

Id just like to not be a dude in a skirt for my achievement, im not a dude and i still dont even wear skirts ;)  I'm happy to have the old player models and preset banners forever if i can have this lol

I would like to see something that kept the amount of banners tabards flags and shield art limited to alliances that had a certain number of deeds or premium members. I feel that would be a simple way to control the number of submissions that the art team would have to deal with.

• Like 1

+1 But sell the license to do so at Wurm Shop.

End result's cheaper pmk goods, none the less.. good way to support the game and still just a cosmetic. Perfect for the new web shop.

+1~

On 30/5/2017 at 8:04 AM, Erevorn said:

Like Alkhadias said, it should be somewhat restricted otherwise we'd have 5000 different types of banners made by alts and non-prems.

Buying designs in the cash shop is a shortcut towards micropayments in Wurm which will make 80% of us quit. However, getting an ability (not an obligation) to create your own banners as pictures in a fixed size given to us by the devs would work. There are plenty of family crest generators on the web which would work well for this and don't take a lot of work so you find one, create a coat of arms and send it over in the right topic or to the right person. Then bam - you get permissions to sew your own banners.

It would also be wise to add a permission system to custom banners, so that you could get peasants or slaves to sew them for you :)

That is not true, in fact there have been a lot of suggestions for cosmethic items in the cash shop. More designs to choose from for banners, wagons, etc. would be an excellent idea.

Probably in the shape of a skin, and not as an item. Maybe even a "paint bucket" with a certain ammount of charges that you can use on banners, wagons, tabards, etc.