Sign in to follow this  
JakeRivers

Add outline for tile borders to finished walls/fences

So once you build that fence you no longer have a tile border you can click on for planting a lamp in a corner border or say a trellis on the main border.

If you want a lamp planted or trellis added you need to plant these items before building the fence, or tear down the fence and then plant them and then rebuild the fence. 

Only option currently is to eyeball the placements and even that does not work well with the fence sitting in the way.

Spoiler

tk0aA61.jpg

In this picture my lamps were all willy nilly and I started building the fences and ended up tearing out the first one when I realized I had to replant all the lamps to sit nice and neat on the corner tiles.

• Like 1

+1

If I'm not mistaken, it seems to already work that way for the older wall skins above ground, but not for the new ones.

I'm able to see tile borders and corners under wooden walls, timber-frame walls, but not pottery brick or rendered.

All above ground though in my case.  Nothing underground for me to play around with just yet.

2 hours ago, Reylaark said:

+1

If I'm not mistaken, it seems to already work that way for the older wall skins above ground, but not for the new ones.

I'm able to see tile borders and corners under wooden walls, timber-frame walls, but not pottery brick or rendered.

All above ground though in my case.  Nothing underground for me to play around with just yet.

Could be that wood walls and timberframe are thinner than the tile border itself, where masonry walls are the full size. I never really paid much attention to that before though.

• Like 1