Sign in to follow this  
Noiattaq

Dropping tents on deed perimeter

I tried to drop my tent today prior to death for an easy recovery, and wasn't permitted due to deed rules. I was a little confused since there were no structures in sight, double clicked the tile and it was in a perimeter. 

The wiki defines perimeter as "The perimeter around a deed disallows non-citizens building structures, and the founding of other deeds. "

Is it intended to not be allowed to drop a tent in a perimeter when we can mine, chop, and drop other items? Or is this a bug? 

Thanks

It would kinda suck if a bunch of people were allowed to do this, reasons could be to prevent greifing. I think when a tent is down you can't terraform but I could be wrong. However it would be nice if the mayor/village members were able to place a tent but its a moot point because they can simply respawn to the deed.

Can't destroy other people's tents, move them or pick them up, if you were confused why I mentioned greifing.

Edited by Niki

It's a feature used to kill explorers when chased by horde of mobs, makes exploring on other servers exciting.. or that's how it was before horses got spawn boosted.

4 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

Not a bug, walk a little farther not a real big deal.

I thought of all of Niki's points before she posted except for the terraforming one - that combined with the others makes a tent a structure beyond a shadow of a doubt. 

I was up on a hill at the time so not only could I not drop the tent, my horses also got stuck on a hill resulting in death. After the time I spent getting back I felt like discussing the structure and perimeter definitions a bit in terms of tents. It's all good though, I'm fine with all mechanics that work as intended :)

Edited by Noiattaq