30 minutes ago, Tich said:

I've looked into this and it would require a fair few new cave entrance type tiles, and loads (and i mean loads) of code changes in the movement code (where it needs to know you are on an exit).

It would require a cave reinforced exit tile, one for each of the pavings as well (and the prepare one). But most worrying was the number of places it is checked.

So dont expect it soon (if ever)

Amazing how a seemingly simple thing is in reality a huge task.  Silly suggestion: Make a carpet with a paving pattern?  You could also drop them over a tree tile, to make it look like it is  paved right to the trunk.  Could think of lots of ways to carpet Wurm, if such a thing existed.  Or just make them special and can only be dropped in an entrance.

PS. The update is fantastic, the poem was great and getting great patches like these shouldn't require compensation for a brief down time and some bugs that need fixing over time.

Edited by Wurmhole
  • Like 1

I meant it weeks ago and I mean it again, you all make this game double with content (sandboxness) every update!

Thank you so much :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tich said:

I've looked into this and it would require a fair few new cave entrance type tiles, and loads (and i mean loads) of code changes in the movement code (where it needs to know you are on an exit).

It would require a cave reinforced exit tile, one for each of the pavings as well (and the prepare one). But most worrying was the number of places it is checked.

So dont expect it soon (if ever)

I expected it not to be simple, but thought it couldn't hurt to ask.

• Like 1

I would not think about the entrance tile is that problematic - but thinking about it is connecting two very different layers ....

Thanks a lot for the explanation Tich, it would be a great thing to have but I already use large carpets for months to circumvent this issue. I second Wurmhole, if a carpet fitting the tile dimension could be dropped onto the entrance.

Also you won't see the various reinforce types from the surface in the entrance until you actually enter the mine - I suppose same reasons?

Noooo! Kristof is going to keep remodeling the deed. It will never end!  *cries*

Seriously, those bridges look awesome. Now if I can just keep Kris from seeing them....

• Like 1

nice work, impressed things are getting added at a nice rate

• Like 1

Is it just me or does that bridge in the picture look like the one outside my deed in the SE of Deli? Serendipity Bridge? Or does it just look similiar? I'm just getting weird deja vu.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Iberis said:

Is it just me or does that bridge in the picture look like the one outside my deed in the SE of Deli? Serendipity Bridge? Or does it just look similiar? I'm just getting weird deja vu.

You are right, Iberis. If you look closely you can even spot the "old man and his horse" crossing our impressive bridge. ?

Edited by Yaga

15 hours ago, Amadee said:

The bridge pics look great!!  Just a teensy little observation though, wholly related to my ocd leanings....the landings need matching slabs.   ;)  

Can't do, unfortunately. ("The water is too deep") ?

Ohsnap I actually recognised a landmark in WO!

@Yaga

Could we drop dirt and bit and make them less steep? I have alot dirt and I'm right nextdoor to the bridge. I'm not saying drop loads so that boats can't pass but enough to pave it?

I can take a look when i get back to deed. I think I logged off somewhere on the opposite side of Deli though on my tour xD

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Yaga said:

Can't do, unfortunately. ("The water is too deep") ?

Hehe, yeah.  Actually my comment was more a wink & a nod to the devs to let us do that.  ;)

• Like 1

Will the new bridges require stone equivalent masonry skill, marble equivalent, or higher?

23 hours ago, Amadee said:

The bridge pics look great!!  Just a teensy little observation though, wholly related to my ocd leanings....the landings need matching slabs.   ;)   Now to decide which of my bridges I want to redo first. lol.

I have brought this up a few times, pavement that matches the bridges, fences that match the bridges...and why don't bridges and houses match?

• Like 3

I was going to come and comment on the pavement issue, but looks like Amadee and Kelody beat me to it hehe. Well good to see others are bothered by this. Since I already went to the effort to take screenshots and make a photoshop image, I'll post it anyhow and join the pavement choir! In Wurm Unlimited, I was so troubled with connecting bridges looking so bad, that I replaced the normal cobblestone texture with the stone bridge texture so I could get it to look somehow reasonable. This is an emergency fix for WU, but it would be be nice if it was in the game by default. Oh and while we're at it, it would be nice if we had a fence type that was consistent with the edge of the bridge. Now I'm using the stone fence, but it just looks dumb sticking up like that. 

bridgepavement.jpg

• Like 8

omg!  these new bricktypes and bridges you can make with them... ~~~~DROOL~~~ :D

Have the blueberry and raspberry sprouts actually been added to foraging yet?  I've yet to find one.  Has anyone found any yet?

16 minutes ago, Amadee said:

Have the blueberry and raspberry sprouts actually been added to foraging yet?  I've yet to find one.  Has anyone found any yet?

yeah i got pretty lucky i guess, found some within 15 minutes of looking.

• Like 1

Since we can plant grass in buildings that have no windows and no sunlight, it would be awesome if we could plant grass in a mine....even if it was just enchanted grass.......

1 hour ago, Umbranik said:

Since we can plant grass in buildings that have no windows and no sunlight, it would be awesome if we could plant grass in a mine....even if it was just enchanted grass.......

This is a good point umbra, but for the sake of realism we should also consider the flip side of changing to no nearby window = no grass instead, and something more realistic for caves. Assuming that wurm grass requires sunlight to grow of course, which at this time it apparently does not - to your point ;)