Sign in to follow this  
epel

Blacksmith Imping / Rares

Not sure that this is a bug, but more of a 'is this how it's supposed to work' sort of thing.

I've done quite a bit of imping of tools for people (thanks everyone), and over the course of all the work, I've had maybe 5-6 different moments of inspiration on successful imps. None of these moments of inspiration have resulted in rare items. Zero. Is this a product of imping while the tools are still in the forge? Is it just an extremely rare chance of raring an item on imp even with a successful roll?

It is your bad luck. There is a 50% (if I remember the number correctly) chance to have a successful rare on a rare roll when imping. It does not matter if the item is in the forge or in your hand.

Edited by Jaz

20%. or 22% if you have an increased rarity rune on the item.

blame bad rng. its the same for all imping tho, not blacksmithing specific. think my record is about 13 drum rolls on the same scale item before it turned rare.

• Like 1

you at least have rolls on those :P

Ok, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't an 'in the forge' problem. Bad luck, I can handle. If I'm doing something mechanically wrong, then I'd want to fix it!

Thanks  all!

could be rolls when imping ql way bellow your skill, rolls that doesn't give skill ticks are unseccesfull too, you have to imp items closer by ql to your skill iirc

It's not a bad luck, it's just a chance.. 1/5(20% from reading WU code) or 4 vs 1 for a color to be slapped to that item, pretty good odds for a passive!

You'll get it eventually.. and when that happens it will matter, compared to the other moments when it didn't :)