Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 18/MAY/17

9 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Weight of paper has been reduced from 0.50 to 0.01.

\o/ Really, there's pretty much nothing on that list that doesn't make me happy. 

I'm loving the almanac addition so far but simply must say:

Spoiler

[20:10:31] You start to study the Rose bush.
[20:10:35] You pick a leaf.
[20:10:40] You make a mental note of the shape of the leaf.
[20:10:45] You check the underside of the leaf for any unusual markings.
[20:10:50] You rub the leaf between your thumb and index finger to see what aroma comes from it.
[20:10:55] You look up the default harvest times in Wurmpedia.
[20:11:00] You throw away the damaged leaf.
[...]

That made me laugh out loud.  Well played, devs. :)

• Like 3

12 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Other changes and introductions

• New transmutation liquids have been added to change moss to tundra and tundra to dirt.
    • Copper and Orange juice transmutes moss to tundra.
    • Iron and Raspberry juice transmutes tundra to dirt (tundra will still disappear when packed and dug).
    • Transmutation liquid requirements are 1/5th of resource tile requirements (around 35-45 kgs ql dependent)
  • 3 new fruit bushes have been added – blueberry, raspberry and lingonberry.
    • Blueberry and raspberry sprouts can be found by foraging so that you can plant your own bushes.
    • Lingonberry bushes will spawn on tundra and will not have sprouts for planting.
    • All three berries can still be found via foraging.
  • Skillgain for anything that produces liquid has been scaled by the amount of liquid created.
  • Tundra will now spread faster and more often.

I am baffled at this change for tundra requiring a transmutation to plant it rather than a simple action of just picking/planting the tundra same as you would do for a moss tile.

I rate this change C-

A+ for adding new bushes. 

But a solid F for not adding coca beans or coffee bean bush's, and while mentioning those how about pineapple and coconut(palm tree). Also mention there is 1 or 2 herbs which can not be planted in the herb planters, and one more mention of the tragic failure of a critical component of the RGB system being so hard to acquire compared to the others, Woad needs love.

For lingonberry bush's I have to give that implementation another failing grade, granted I don't know how hot an item this is for cooking but imagine its about on par with all the other ingredients people use. Why make this a random spawn on a tundra tile and not as a sprout that could be planted, say only on a tundra tile if that limitation is really desired? Granted I don't know how often they will spawn on tundra tiles, but it seems to me that this is a poor implementation of a feature that could of added more fun things to do in wurm.

The other additions especially paving mine walls/floors and mine tile borders, woot, very nice.

• Like 1

• Tundra will now spread faster and more often.

You know this is just.... amazing, thank you, you awesome people. :wub:

• Like 2

Almanac is good idea.. Puts more information in game, but not just thrown into the game as another tab somewhere, it was also tied to a skill. Great.

I was wondering if forestry skill was meant for anything in regards to the almanac other than just higher QL reports.

I tested reports with characters with skills 1, 30 and 90 and see no difference in what information these reports give.

uzKiGBm.jpg?1

tvhrMKA.jpg?1

2 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

I was wondering if forestry skill was meant for anything in regards to the almanac other than just higher QL reports.

I tested reports with characters with skills 1, 30 and 90 and see no difference in what information these reports give.

Image removed.

Currently, everything you have in your book is 'in season' or harvestable.  The difference in quality (skill) will be better shown as you get more reports.  (You can probably test this as soon as the current harvest seasons are over).

Orange text is default - and will show you a time like:  will start in 2 months.

The higher your skill gets, the more accurate the time will be and will be shown in white text.

For example:

Level 30 forestry shows oleander will start in 2 months (in orange text) - on test

Level 90 forestry shows oleander will start in 1 month 3 weeks 6 days (in white) - on test

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Alectrys said:

Currently, everything you have in your book is 'in season' or harvestable.  The difference in quality (skill) will be better shown as you get more reports.  (You can probably test this as soon as the current harvest seasons are over).

Orange text is default - and will show you a time like:  will start in 2 months.

The higher your skill gets, the more accurate the time will be and will be shown in white text.

For example:

Level 30 forestry shows oleander will start in 2 months (in orange text) - on test

Level 90 forestry shows oleander will start in 1 month 3 weeks 6 days (in white) - on test

I suspect you didn't notice the second picture I had made, I have added some highlights. I will create a bug thread for you. =p

r2SoCtS.png

Sign in to follow this