Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 18/MAY/17

The Almanac!

• Crafted with sheet of paper and string + 2 leather strips, the almanac will hold reports you create about the nature of the tree, bush or trellis and estimate the harvest times.
  • Reports are created by studying a harvestable tree, bush or trellis during its harvest season.
  • You then can write down the record using a reed pen with ink or dye on paper.
  • Forestry skill will determine how much information is collected
  • resulting quality of the report will determine how far in the future you can see harvest times.
  • These reports may then be stored inside the almanac.
  • The almanac can then be used to check on harvest times and read up on information about the reports they have stored inside.
  • The command /almanac will tell you what is in season as long as you have the applicable reports.

Catapult tweaks

• Tweaked distance for crowded message when using siege weapons. Shouldn’t be able to use 3 rams on a single wall anymore.
  • Increased skill gain from using catapults.
  • Tweaked damage output from catapults upwards, should be a bit harder to hit the 20 damage cap at 10 winches now.
  • Damage from catas/trebs over the 20 damage cap that is currently ignored will now increase the splash radius, and deal a small amount of the extra damage (the ignored damage over 20) to things in that increased radius.
    • The radius gained from this is up for changing, as with the base radius.

Cooking affinity adjustments

• An option to fix players missing certain available cooking affinities has been added to your character profile.
  • This is a ONE TIME TOGGLE which will switch your character to the new affinity system.
  • The new affinity calculation will not take rarity of cooker into account for determining affinity
  • This will recalculate affinities gained from existing meals as well as all future meals.
  • New characters created after this update will automatically be on the new system.

Repairing changes

• Changes to fence, floor and wall repairing and improving.
    • Base timer for repairing and improving these is now 4-8 seconds, depending on your repair or building skill.
    • This applies to all building material types.
    • Timer is doubled if there is an enemy presence nearby.
    • Damage repaired per action is now between 5 and 10 damage, depending on repairing skill and the quality of the item you’re using to repair.

Cave building

• Clad reinforced cave walls introduced.
    • Created by activating a trowel and building on a reinforced wall.
  • Paved reinforced cave floors introduced.
    • Created by preparing a reinforced cave floor with mortar and then applying paving.

Epic CA Help changes

• Epic now has 3 global CA help grouped by kingdoms;  JK help, MR help, HotS help.
  • These Channels are visible globally by all members of the kingdom.

Harvest time changes

• Harvest times have been adjusted slightly.
  • Changes:
    • Olives: Starfall of  Fires, Week 1
    • Lemon: Starfall of  Ravens, Week 2
    • Orange: Starfall of  Ravens,Week 4
    • Walnut: Starfall of  Dancers, Week 1
  • Additions:
    • Raspberry: Starfall of  Dancers, Week 1
    • Blueberry: Starfall of  Shark, Week 3
    • Lingonberry: Starfall of  Dancers, Week 3
  • Harvest times will still vary slightly to the actual starting week
  • Olives have been reduced to once season now that multiple olives can be harvested.

Other changes and introductions

• New transmutation liquids have been added to change moss to tundra and tundra to dirt.
    • Copper and Orange juice transmutes moss to tundra.
    • Iron and Raspberry juice transmutes tundra to dirt (tundra will still disappear when packed and dug).
    • Transmutation liquid requirements are 1/5th of resource tile requirements (around 35-45 kgs ql dependent)
  • 3 new fruit bushes have been added – blueberry, raspberry and lingonberry.
    • Blueberry and raspberry sprouts can be found by foraging so that you can plant your own bushes.
    • Lingonberry bushes will spawn on tundra and will not have sprouts for planting.
    • All three berries can still be found via foraging.
  • Skillgain for anything that produces liquid has been scaled by the amount of liquid created.
  • Tundra will now spread faster and more often.
  • Metal sheets in the crafting window now properly reference the material they are from in crafting recipes.
  • Decorative pillars can now be built inside buildings.
  • Path of Insanity Random Teleport menu option now has a confirm to help prevent erroneous clicks.
  • Move to Center has been added to the move items menu.
  • Weight of paper has been reduced from 0.50 to 0.01.
  • Trellis ages have now been added.
    • Currently despite having sprouts they cannot be picked or pruned.
  • Tile borders and corners now show in caves
    • This allows the building of fences and gates on deed only
    • Higher fences may require mining the roof higher to provide sufficient clearance.

Bug Fixes:

• Bugfix: Fixed examine description for slate slabs.
  • Bugfix: Fixed examine description for sandstone shards.
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue where loadable items which were planted/secured off deed could still be loaded.
  • Bugfix: Tarring a corner tile floorboard should no longer change the tile to a full tile floorboard.
  • Bugfix: Fixed a bug which prevented fences from being built on the south and east sides of buildings with the new arched walls.
  • Bugfix: Fixed a bug which gave masonry skill for building wooden fences.
  • Bugfix:  Fixed an issue where you were not disembarked from animals which could only be ridden when tamed when they became untamed.
  • Bugfix: You are again able to use rename on chairs.
  • Bugfix: Battering Ram now checks destroy fences permission when being used to destroy fences instead of destroy buildings permission.
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue where the level command would dig a dirt instead of reporting that you needed dirt in your inventory to fill the corners.
  • Bugfix: You can now use a mallet/pliers to add or remove trim from  underground plain stone walls.
  • Bugfix: Build option was removed when right clicking on complete walls with a mallet activated.
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue which caused replaced locks to become bugged and not reusable.
  • Bugfix: The snake and the woman HotA statue is now available.
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue which caused single use spell runes to not work properly
  • Bugfix: Fixed a bug where decorative pillars never decayed off deed.
  • Bugfix: Fixed the double nature menu on mycelium tiles.
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue preventing some gates in underground structures from opening properly.
  • Bugfix: Rock salt can now be analysed.
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue where vehicle passengers entering a cave could not distinguish veins and reinforcements from regular cave walls.
  • Bugfix: Fixed the issue where some passenger seats of some boats could not access the hold because of distance.
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue preventing dragging items through arched walls.
  • Bugfix: Fixed a few problems related to underground error messages when performing tasks if a bridge was above ground on those tiles.
  • Bugfix: Fixed a bug which sometimes caused an error message when improving items in carts.
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue which caused you to log in on a vehicle as a commander even though you logged out as passenger.
  • Bugfix: Tackled more spelling and text errors.
  • Bugfix: Levelling with a dredge should now give an error when the dredge is full.

Client updates

• New players (under 15 farming) will be able to see the state of growth of the farm field they are currently standing on, range will increase as usual as skill goes up.
  • Added borders and tile corners to caves.
  • House floors now have tile corners.
  • Keybind for MOVE_CENTER added in settings (Move to center under keybindings – Items).
  • (4.0 Client) Dyes have been tweaked closer to current stable look.
  • Bugfix: (4.0 client)  Fixed an issue on flooring tile borders which did not allow you to select the item on that border.
  • Bugfix:  (4.0 client) Fixed tunneling animation when switching from equipped to unequipped pickaxe.
  • Bugfix: (4.0 client) Fixed ghosted model images when pushing and pulling items.

• Like 9

This is an amazing list - will try to bug out items in the mine where a bridge is above after the restart :)

I'm very afraid to see how bad my tunnel levels, I see a lot of work coming to my miner slave to fix everything :P...not mentioning the wall and floor changes.

Thanks a lot for the tweaks and the bugfixes, my favourite surprise this time are the tundra ones I think.

Edited by Jaz

31 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

K help, MR help, HotS help

>K help

K help must be the best help..

Keybind for MOVE_CENTER added in settings (Move to center under keybindings – Items).

Move to Center has been added to the move items menu

Fantastic!

Some pretty nice fixes as well as the love for tundra (finally), but why this?

Iron and Raspberry juice transmutes tundra to dirt (tundra will still disappear when packed and dug).

edit:

Bugfix: Fixed a bug where decorative pillars never decayed off deed.

Do they really need to decay? At least they represent some history where only paving would be left otherwise.

Edited by zigozag

Mostly so transmutation liquids can operate both ways

• Like 2

Gosh, I'm happy my bf already ground beverages!

• Like 1

Added borders and tile corners to caves Nice...

27 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Improved some wording

Learn to multitask when typing lol

• Like 1

nice patch, and a new hota statue? anyone have a picture?

f4473f042fb5734afa48f1c7dd4bf9d0.png

Now just randomize hota statue colors so I can stop getting red constantly :)

• Like 4

This entire list pleases me. Thank you kindly dev team. Well done. :)

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Mostly so transmutation liquids can operate both ways

Can we make destroying tundra harder then? Like only packing to remove it instead of just digging?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Odynn said:

Can we make destroying tundra harder then? Like only packing to remove it instead of just digging?

Do put it in suggestions forum..

An updated version of WurmClock (V3.2.0) was just released, reflecting the latest changes of harvest seasons (and new bushes):

• Like 5

Love the new stuff!

But...

[18:23:59] <Kadmint> [18:23:30] You finish studying the Maple tree. You now need to record the study results.

How does one make a record?

1 minute ago, Kadmint said:

Love the new stuff!

But...

[18:23:59] <Kadmint> [18:23:30] You finish studying the Maple tree. You now need to record the study results.

How does one make a record?

Activate a reed pen with ink or dye, right click on paper or parchment and record the info (it will give you that option for the bush/tree you just studied).

• Like 1

What a lot of goodies - well done Dev team :)

So many cool updates that were asked for!  Move to center, pillars inside... great turn around time from request to release and that's just 2 examples.

Almanac will be interesting!  Was is ever confirmed that we can update our entries as skill improves?  @Cecciwas asking in another thread, I'm presuming we can indeed update...?  I know, I know, when I presume I make a prez outta you and me.  Better off assuming these days.

New bushes :wub:  I'm planting asap, totally awesome.

Just one little thing: :lol:

4 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Harvest time changes

• Olives have been reduced to once season now that multiple olives can be harvested.

1042c790c2462726de701fae8073a338.jpg  Hands off my olive oil, you... you... ah well.

8 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Repairing changes

• Changes to fence, floor and wall repairing and improving.
    • Base timer for repairing and improving these is now 4-8 seconds, depending on your repair or building skill.
    • This applies to all building material types.
    • Timer is doubled if there is an enemy presence nearby.
    • Damage repaired per action is now between 5 and 10 damage, depending on repairing skill and the quality of the item you’re using to repair.

Could have been a very nice improvement to repairing and improving these objects if not for the 5-10 QL range variable effectiveness. I see the old strong urge to add a benefit and at the same time reduce it has yet to become overcome. Old mindsets still need some tweaking in this respect.

Added:

Way over 90 Masonry skill with a 35QL stone brick repairs 7.75 damage on an Iron fence with a 3.9 second timer.

Mid 80's Carpentry skill with a 50QL plank repairs 7.80 damage on a wood fence with a 3.9 second timer. Note: previously any successful repair on a wood fence repaired 40 damage regardless of material QL used or skill level. Severely nerfed this one.

Basically the repair timers have been reduced a lot (except wooden fences due to requiring 5 repairs for 39 damage now) at the expense of requiring more materials to be made and used to do the repairs. This makes the repair timer reduction much less impressive.

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes
Added:

Sweet.  It's mechanic that simulates playing chinese whispers with the wiki.

How about some bug-fixes so I can embark my friggin horse without having to relog. ^_^

• Like 2

The /almanac command doesn't work if the almanac is in any kind of sub container, even just in an inventory group.

Great update!

A question, though. There is now a way to transmute moss to something else. In the interest of not seeing moss disappear completely with Wurm after some time, can we have some transmutation liquid that would transmute another surface to moss? Or is that already in?

29 minutes ago, Valdor said:

Great update!

A question, though. There is now a way to transmute moss to something else. In the interest of not seeing moss disappear completely with Wurm after some time, can we have some transmutation liquid that would transmute another surface to moss? Or is that already in?

I don't know if it's in, but you can plant moss.

• Like 1

Moss can be planted just like grass.  It's easily removed by packing it down. 

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this