Sign in to follow this  
ozmods

Long shot?

So i been thinking about this for a while, not sure its feasible, but here goes.

so you know how we can move tree stumps, when we cut down a tree for construction, firewood etc, why not have the ability to make trees centre of a tile, so instead of having to plant sprouts and waiting months irl for them to grow, you highlight x tree and use move to center as you would a stump, would make plantation farming alot simpler,  as in maple,oak etc 

Can't you already plant sprouts in the centre of a tile?  There's an option for that when you plant them, right?

29 minutes ago, Wonka said:

Can't you already plant sprouts in the centre of a tile?  There's an option for that when you plant them, right?

Sure you can, but as he stated that he didn't want to do the waiting.

I am fond with forestry, but I see no reason to have such an unrealistic way to move trees. Planting to center is working well enough.

• Like 1

Aah, right, now I understand.  Fair enough, I can see how that would be useful.

You can use wild growth spell to accelerate growing if you don't want to wait.

In theory it's probably easy to mod in, but pushing trees around seems... silly.

• Like 1

A fo spell that lets you talk to trees and get them to walk to the center. It's funny all one has to do is phrase something differently and suddenly a wacky idea makes perfect sense. Trees walked in Lord of the Rings (dragons, orcs, goblins, magic, kind medieval....hmm see a trend?), I don't see why they couldn't in Wurm too.

A fo based magic totem that makes your plants (farm tiles, tree tiles, forage/botanize tiles, bushes ....) grow faster. It should be possible to use modloaders serverPollListener to add in some kind of a custom zone polling that makes plants in the zone grow faster. Hey, we do have that new creature generating code. I wonder if it is possible to make a "totem golem" creature. It would wander around in an area and its presences would cause the plants in that area to grow faster. It could be an advanced taming related idea where the player and the magic creature have some kind of symbiotic relationship.

If anyone wants to run with these, go for it. I not volunteering to do these even know I do like the ideas. too much other stuff to do :(.

• Like 1

i was thinking along the lines, of stuff like maple, instead of having to hundreds of trees that have maple sap on them, if you have all the trees in one line instead of having them all over the shop then you can get the job done quicker,

this is why i dont like making suggestions, because they're either "silly" or unfeasible, i'll keep my ideas to myself from now on then