Sign in to follow this  
Attenia

Make enchanted grass inside caves

Now that we can build underground, there are plenty of people living in caves. Most people have at least one animal (a horse), so it would make sense that now caves are a living area, we should be able to plant enchanted grass for animals to graze on. I suggest we get an option to 'plant' dirt in a cave instead of dropping it, then make grass the normal way. Maybe it would only grow if there were lamps nearby for light.

• Like 2

[22:18:16] <Armyskin> should have made one for hell horses eating from lava tiles

[22:18:30] <Attenia> Lol you can comment that after you +1 :)

+1   

now feed my pony with fire

• Like 2

be nice once tile borders and fences are added to mines

+1

let us grow crops/trees so i can strongwall myself in

+1 obv

Edited by Niki
  • Like 1

Trees in caves? Elfish heresy!

True dwarves grow shrooms, eat shrooms and make booze from shrooms. So let us grow shrooms in caves and make booze from them! :)

• Like 9

I'm down for shrooms and potatoes in caves... maybe ocasional cavebug stew.. good old wurm recepies (blah), but yea.. maybe some craftable 1 tile food source is needed.. now with dwarves and castles underground.. horses are #### when not fed and walking with gear on isnt exactly fast or fun.. having the mounts close is how people usually move around.

ench grass on some craftable planter to fill with dirt/grow that grass, enchant.. or replacement... with some food dispenser?:huh:

devs opinion?

+1 but only for enchanted grass and enchanted trees

Normal tree or grass, planted in the cave, should live max 1 day without enchant.

• Like 2

[13:35:49] <Arium> [13:35:44] You cry over the corpse of venerable walkingthunder.

+1

• Like 2

Atrium you had that horse in there for over a week.

please let us spoil our horses to feed on shroom we dwarves grow in our caves! If zombie horses can live on mycelium why wouldn't miner horses be fine? :P

....or yes please let us have enchanted grass inside mines. That is magic already anyways.

23 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

+1 to enchanted MOSS

that or shrooms or anything horses and grassers can feed upon!

25 minutes ago, Odynn said:

that or shrooms or anything horses and grassers can feed upon!

Or both. Enchanted cave tile: mossy with (shiny?) shrooms

I'd be okay with some moss growing in caves, but grass makes no sense. 

• Like 1

As long as it's made so that horses can graze on enchanted moss, moss would be fine.

+.5 why not a new floor that behaves like dirt, just can't be dug.

raised-bed-soil-depth.jpg

This would allow multi story farms as well. Or barns that will allow animals in the second floor if you have a bridge (or ladder glitch em up)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Yiraia said:

This would allow multi story farms as well. Or barns that will allow animals in the second floor if you have a bridge (or ladder glitch em up)

i honestly dont think multi story farms are a good idea. if these would only work for grass and moss and shrooms or whatever inside mines on the actual cave floors id be fine with it.

but if you also use it for farming you could downsize every farmdeed on every server by a lot and replace it by 16 stories of houses both above and below ground basically giving you close to 32 times the tile amount you actually pay for worth of farming area.

1 hour ago, Arium said:

i honestly dont think multi story farms are a good idea. if these would only work for grass and moss and shrooms or whatever inside mines on the actual cave floors id be fine with it.

but if you also use it for farming you could downsize every farmdeed on every server by a lot and replace it by 16 stories of houses both above and below ground basically giving you close to 32 times the tile amount you actually pay for worth of farming area.

Paying the same price for the mass amounts of land needed to farm that you would for land you're going to build (potentially multiple stories) on is already ridiculous enough. I +1 the idea of multi story farms alongside enchanted grass in caves. 

• Like 1

+1 for enchanted moss

-1 for anything that requires construction/multi part craftin

1 hour ago, Matholameu said:

Paying the same price for the mass amounts of land needed to farm that you would for land you're going to build (potentially multiple stories) on is already ridiculous enough. I +1 the idea of multi story farms alongside enchanted grass in caves. 

+1

--edit

10 hours ago, Yiraia said:

+1

had same idea.. just not as a floor type.. but more of a "paving" that works only for cave reinforced floors.. solves the grass issues.. maybe even... trees etc.. if idea's expanded.. and works like plain dirt tile

Edited by Finnn

6 hours ago, Arium said:

Lol I don't even deed my farms. Whats the point of protected something people aren't gonna mess with. "Oh no, the crazy farmer is going to farm my crops again!" If i were to have a building however, I would want to claim it because i don't want to constantly repair 10 stories of walls and floor. If anything, this would inspire me to give wurm more of my cash ;)

• Like 1

Grass in caves makes no sense at all, a manger would.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Chlodovech said:

Grass in caves makes no sense at all, a manger would.

does or doesn't matters not.. with underground housing .. that just have to happen.. unless you want to make people walk in/out of the caves on foot..

leaving the animals without something to eat makes them terribly slow.. not to mention risking deaths and replacements take weeks/month(s) if you want to just get some on your own..

I'd be for mushrooms and maybe a few more options for greenery underground, like moss or things in planters. (I make liberal use of flower pots and trellises currently). Would love to have something fern-like for my grotto.  But that's all for aesthetic reasons.

As for feeding horses, until (or if) they ever add something for the critters underground, drop a pile of cut grass. Feeding troughs would be nice, but that goes for above ground too.   My horses never go hungry underground because I always have a satchel of grass in my inventory.  :)

• Like 1