Sign in to follow this  
Attenia

Make enchanted grass inside caves

+1
Yes, yes and yes!
I live with a dwarf in the mine and I hate the long walk out to my horse and my cart. I love my horses and I don't want to starve them in the cave. I would really love if we could make enchanted grass in the cave. :)

Edited by Annyil

6 hours ago, Chlodovech said:

Grass in caves makes no sense at all, a manger would.

Man, in all honesty, what "makes sense" in Wurm. Wogic dude. :P

6 hours ago, Amadee said:

My horses never go hungry underground because I always have a satchel of grass in my inventory.  :)

About that... I've had a case with horses eating from a satchel sitting on a tile above them(finished floor, not opening)... be careful what you leave within their reach :lol:    (my grass satchels were for timber-framed walls at the time.. horses had other plans)

Edited by Finnn
  • Like 1

On 5/16/2017 at 6:43 AM, Arium said:

[13:35:49] <Arium> [13:35:44] You cry over the corpse of venerable walkingthunder.

+1

[2017-05-15] [22:09:24] The venerable starving Walkingthunder 'a Cow' rolls with the eyes, ejects his tongue and dies from starvation.
[2017-05-15] [22:09:24] The venerable starving Walkingthunder 'a Cow' is dead. R.I.P.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

[2017-05-15] [22:09:24] The venerable starving Walkingthunder 'a Cow' rolls with the eyes, ejects his tongue and dies from starvation.
[2017-05-15] [22:09:24] The venerable starving Walkingthunder 'a Cow' is dead. R.I.P.

Don't cry, have a barbecue. :P

• Like 1

Perhaps it's time to include a poll on this thread?

Should we be able to grow grass in caves?
Yes
No
Moss, nothing else

On 5/16/2017 at 4:49 PM, bdew said:

Trees in caves? Elfish heresy!

True dwarves grow shrooms, eat shrooms and make booze from shrooms. So let us grow shrooms in caves and make booze from them! :)

-1 to grass tiles underground 

The idea just needs to feed animals like crops so mushrooms would be perfect as a new crop tile underground.

Personally i would like to see mycelium underground and the introduction of lib priests on freedom.

• Like 1

How about Lizard mounts? Would be perfect underground. The ability to climb would be awesome. Slow above ground so they dont replace horses.

• Like 2

-1 any kind of grass underground

+1 feeding troughs or ability to grow mushrooms underground

• Like 1

No to enchanted grass in caves as it seems out of place and only those on that path can create it, meaning exclusivity. Some type of fungus that horses might graze on would seem to be more fitting for caves, or even moss as mentioned. All players must have the option to create it, whatever it be.

=Ayes=

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ayes said:

No to enchanted grass in caves as it seems out of place and only those on that path can create it, meaning exclusivity. Some type of fungus that horses might graze on would seem to be more fitting for caves, or even moss as mentioned. All players must have the option to create it, whatever it be.

=Ayes=

All players, even priests?

• Like 1

On 5/19/2017 at 0:32 AM, Tristanc said:

-1 any kind of grass underground

+1 feeding troughs or ability to grow mushrooms underground

I could live with that. 

On 17-5-2017 at 6:03 PM, Finnn said:

does or doesn't matters not.. with underground housing .. that just have to happen.. unless you want to make people walk in/out of the caves on foot..

leaving the animals without something to eat makes them terribly slow.. not to mention risking deaths and replacements take weeks/month(s) if you want to just get some on your own..

I said manger, so animals would be feedable underground. If your animals have nothing to eat then that is because the owner does not feed the beasts, you know with alternative housing alternative feeding comes. A feeding through would just be the best solution and helps so much more players.

• Like 1

@Chlodovech

Animals do not exactly eat at specific time or amount, and it's not that easy to calculate how much crops/grass have to be piled up on that tile.. else we'd throw xx wemp/corn/grass/etc... and know that they are taken care for a few days...
That's ok for active players, but.. some are going to be a bit more busy with work/college/school/life.. at times.. and skip to feed the pixel pets..

Horses eat ~often(enough to skip a 1 or few eating events and lose their speed..), but we know nothing more than that... it's just easier to solve their hunger problem with a 'flooring with dirt and grass/moss/shrooms/rainbows..' plantable only on reinforced floors, could be some sort flowerbed - 4 planks, 1 iron ribbon, maybe 2-4 small nails.. and some ~low requirement like 20 carpentry, finished item could be like 2nd or replacing reinforcement to that tile's floor and draw a happy smile on many faces.

1 hour ago, Finnn said:

@Chlodovech

Animals do not exactly eat at specific time or amount, and it's not that easy to calculate how much crops/grass have to be piled up on that tile.. else we'd throw xx wemp/corn/grass/etc... and know that they are taken care for a few days...
That's ok for active players, but.. some are going to be a bit more busy with work/college/school/life.. at times.. and skip to feed the pixel pets..

Horses eat ~often(enough to skip a 1 or few eating events and lose their speed..), but we know nothing more than that... it's just easier to solve their hunger problem with a 'flooring with dirt and grass/moss/shrooms/rainbows..' plantable only on reinforced floors, could be some sort flowerbed - 4 planks, 1 iron ribbon, maybe 2-4 small nails.. and some ~low requirement like 20 carpentry, finished item could be like 2nd or replacing reinforcement to that tile's floor and draw a happy smile on many faces.

Its no diferent than keeping any other animal that doesnt graze, so dropping food for the animal would be the most natural thing.

2 hours ago, Chlodovech said:

I said manger, so animals would be feedable underground. If your animals have nothing to eat then that is because the owner does not feed the beasts, you know with alternative housing alternative feeding comes. A feeding through would just be the best solution and helps so much more players.

That would be incredibly useful, not just underground but above ground too, and I think it has been asked several times. A feeding through that keeps all animals in a certain area fed, it would also save us the trouble of making a ton of 1x1 or 1x2 cages to put animals in.

• Like 1

yes +musgroom farms and moss in caves

recently re-aired on BBC 4 from a 2004 production.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3689452/
1547 million years ago when animals and plants became their own diversities... fungi were still part of the animal branch.
10 million years later, they formed their own species/kingdom.
Not a plant
anti-biotics would not have been discovered if not for a wondering spore, interfering with a bacterium experiment. (it killed the bacteria).
Mycalleium - nature's recycler, without it, at best, 80% of us would be involved in scrub disposal duties.
with so many spores about, our body's must be a solace for friendly bacteria.
The true effect of absorbing fungi remains untold.
Fungi are not plants

Fungi deserves its own mechanic.
The underworld deserves life that can grow from the ground.

Edited by Steveleeb

I can def see "blessed" trees/ crops being able to flourish underground.

Grow mushrooms in mine.  Then enchant them to enchanted mushroom tiles.  lol

I know we have dragons etc but this isn't even fantasy anymore it's just impossible. 

+1 FOR CAVE MUSHROOMS THAT ANIMALS CAN GRAZE ON AND THAT WE CAN EAT AND MAKE BEER FROM AND THAT WE CAN HARVEST AND BURN

I'd call them caveshrooms. WTB strongwall if we get that.

Edited by Erevorn

Underground map needs a lot of things personally, Flora and fauna among them.

On 5/17/2017 at 8:47 AM, Chlodovech said:

Grass in caves makes no sense at all, a manger would.

But, but. . . . it would be ENCHANTED grass.