Sign in to follow this  
Jaz

(Restore) Allow high iron fence gates in arched walls

+1 to having them back but also like the idea of turning them to open different ways (and out of houses too?) and new version to fit the arches (but never saw the old one so i want to see it too) like it was said wurm is a sandbox game. we gotot experiment and screw up to find what we like. how else can one build the perfect deed of their dream

If you are gonna put it back, at least do it right and make it a completely new structure. the two fenced gate and arch walls wouldn't look complete if you just slap them together. They would look amazing if mixed properly though.

Edit: Apparently I said that before... point still stands.

Edited by Yiraia
oops, I did it again...

I will just leave this here:

Y9tQHSe.jpg

Vaa7cem.jpg

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 1

but do the gates open though that's the whole point of this post by the OP

44 minutes ago, ozmods said:

but do the gates open though that's the whole point of this post by the OP

Of course they do, be useless gates if they didn't open.

4 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Of course they do, be useless gates if they didn't open.

when I go to put gates in the arches there is no option for high gates, so this is definitely a +1 for me... better still would be to have doors in archways like I suggested previously.

mPR3MBe.jpg

No option on a arch located on the south end of the building, arch's on the west and north I was able to build the gates in. Try adding the tile border to the crafting window, if you get it added to the crafting window be ready to build it in one shot, if you clear the window after starting your only option to finish is the bash out the wall, build the gate then rebuild the wall.

Edited by JakeRivers

nup no go, still no option, must be a WO thing. because when I try it, it doesn't give me an option to add it, if I try it in an arch, there is no option, if I then put the gates on a tile border then try to put a frame there, I don't have any option to do so.. oh well enjoy your gates in the arches LOL

5 hours ago, ozmods said:

nup no go, still no option, must be a WO thing. because when I try it, it doesn't give me an option to add it, if I try it in an arch, there is no option, if I then put the gates on a tile border then try to put a frame there, I don't have any option to do so.. oh well enjoy your gates in the arches LOL

Oh you trying to do this on WU?

No idea if it works on that or not.

9 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

Oh you trying to do this on WU?

yeah dude I bought WU, when it was around 1.0 and have barely played another game in steam library since LOL.. I would get on the WO train but It would cost me 30$ au a month or more;.

33 minutes ago, ozmods said:

yeah dude I bought WU, when it was around 1.0 and have barely played another game in steam library since LOL.. I would get on the WO train but It would cost me 30$ au a month or more;.

with bulk sales and other misc sales and or doing work you could pay your monthly costs in just silver, but its a lot of extra time 

3 hours ago, ozmods said:

Off topic but it';s about $12 aud a month, not 30+

38 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Off topic but it';s about $12 aud a month, not 30+

I would assume he plays maybe 2 accounts and figuring in deed, but who knows.

I tested tall iron fence gates inside a double wide arch, I think it looks just fine. Don't mind the mess, just the usual chaos around my docks/warehouse area.

N1MXWt4.jpg