Sign in to follow this  
DiWorm

Disable Effectiveness of skills on Epic servers

Hello there!

Can some one create mod which the disable x2 effectiveness on Epic server or make it x1 without food with ability on skill and xN , where N = food quality and affected skill but not more x1.99.

Yep, I know -- I can do non-epic server, but The Curve very interesting for me and my players.

Epic settings have a number of effects, in particular 2x skillgain, and the effective skill curve.

The effectiveness of skills is the curve, where you can perform actions as if you had higher than your numerical skill, based on a formula (  effective skill = 2*numeric skill-(numeric skill/10)^2 ).

Effective skill is similar to effective QL, where ql is the numerical ql - dmg as a percentage.

As I read this you're looking to use standard skillgain and leave the effective skill curve system, which might be possible by just setting your server skillgain to 0.5, rather than using a mod of any kind, I'm just not sure we can use fractional settings for skillgain, not having access to WU right at this moment.

52 minutes ago, Zenity said:

As I read this you're looking to use standard skillgain and leave the effective skill curve system, which might be possible by just setting your server skillgain to 0.5, rather than using a mod of any kind, I'm just not sure we can use fractional settings for skillgain, not having access to WU right at this moment.

You do not quite understand, but the truth is somewhere near.

If I understand correctly, then: on non-epic servers with a skill of 10 points, I can do items 10 +/- ql. But on epic I will make items by formula like a "item ql = skill * ~2". ModQLLimit fix some skills, but I want more, For example all skills :)