Sign in to follow this  
Darmalus

Satellite Settlement Token

An extra, craftable settlement token where banking can be done and money deposited or withdrawn into the settlement coffers. The real settlement token has all the normal requirements and restrictions and is the true heart of the settlement still.

A simple visual distinction could be made by having it be a sundial on a short block instead of a medium pillar.

The intention is that it could be placed underground for the dwarves among us, in temples so priests can deposit their spare change and anywhere else creative people come up with.

Most likely Freedom only, since this would probably badly mess how fortresses are designed.

Edited by Darmalus
  • Like 4

-1... What use is a sundial underground?

• Like 1

A bank box or similar type of thing you can craft like a mailbox but for banking would be really cool and very handy.

Could always expand spirit castle functions to allow bank deposits and withdrawals?  

If it in anyway was to expand a deed size or have similar functions to a token, i would be totally against that idea.

+1 IF you can only make one and it's only function is to act as a second bank.

+1 I don't think there has to be a limit to how many you can make but I do think it has to be on a deed... or have it as it is now with other deeds and their token and only allow you to withdraw money if not on the deed your bank is located. If the item is on the deed where your bank is located then and only then can you manage items/deposit money.

• Like 1

You can do a lot of this already right clicking your body, maybe just add the missing features.

Yes, the intention is you could only place them on the deep which they were attached to.

I had completely forgotten (or never noticed) the ability for citizens to add upkeep with the body option. It would still be useful for banking or for non-citizens to donate to upkeep.

Yeah i would certanly love to keep area where my token is currently private but in same time to allow acces to bank on public part of my deed to other players :)

• Like 1

+1 for a banking only version.  Would be fantastic to place one next to each trader, along with spirit castles.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Darmalus said:

A simple visual distinction could be made by having it be a sundial on a short block instead of a medium pillar.

Or a couple money bags to indicate it's a bank.  There's just something about the visual of a money bag that appeals to me.  lol.

+1.  I can think of at least one market I've been to that could use a few of these in strategic places to make it easier for us to shrink our bank accounts.  :)

• Like 1

How about a 'ledger', some pillar with a book on it for model~? Which lets the player to manage it's own bank from home, deposit and withdraw coins, maybe ?manage the bank?; (pve)

allow player to build that indoors (pve)

built only ondeed (pve)

It is annoying to go to token when you deal with another player or npc merchant/trader and you need coins.. than have a spare change to throw into the settlement token<_< QoL - yes!

or whole functionality of the 2 mechanics could be extended onto the mailbox.. but I personally do not like the idea.. too many menu options to be 'pretty' solution. 

-1 I would much prefer wallet that stores money as a numerical value than an object value coins are annoying when they take up space by the quantity, so that would be nice. Put 1 silver coin in the wallet and be able to pull out 15c and 99i (cause wogic). If the issue is that people dont like walking to banks, wallets can be like a mobile bank that has the risk of dropping when you die. Putting banks everywhere isn't the best solution imo.

On 16.5.2017. at 6:10 PM, Yiraia said:

-1 I would much prefer wallet that stores money as a numerical value than an object value coins are annoying when they take up space by the quantity, so that would be nice. Put 1 silver coin in the wallet and be able to pull out 15c and 99i (cause wogic). If the issue is that people dont like walking to banks, wallets can be like a mobile bank that has the risk of dropping when you die. Putting banks everywhere isn't the best solution imo.

Hmm idea about wallet as wakable mini bank where you set amount it holds and is dropped after death for looting that amount of money sounds interesting :D

+1 on the idea. I'm fine to deal with the consequences of original token placement on a deed but over time and no especially with cave dwellings an extra spot to do the banking would be really great. Of course limit it to same deed.

A good concept but could be enabled in a much easier manner by simply *clicking* your coins and choosing *deposit* which would then allow you to deposit them into your bank, wherever it might be. Again, some WU servers have already enabled this.

=Ayes=