Sign in to follow this  
Czar

Beehive animation

I was wondering if maybe beehives could not do the cutesy wobbly thing to show they are occupied, I mean it's made of wood right? not jelly. I think the smoky effect alone would be enough, or maybe you could have a few things recognisable as actual bees flying around.

...Ah not important I guess.

• Like 5

-1. That animation has had me fascinated from the beginning and I am absolutely in love with it. It makes them seem more alive since you can't see the actual bees, and I think that that is great.

+1/-1 ~

It's ok as it is .. just beware of the bears.. honey's a treat...:ph34r:

Honestly I'd prefer to do without it. It seems like something out of a loonytoons world rather than something out of Wurm :P

+1

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Yldrania said:

It makes them seem more alive since you can't see the actual bees, and I think that that is great.

It's the nature of the animation that bugs me, I don't mind a visible difference between occupied and unoccupied, but these bees, when they aren't making honey and wax seem to be conducting experiments in bending spacetime.

Perhaps beds should have a paranormal animation so we know when they are occupied too.

giphy.gif

• Like 12

-1, I love to see them "dancing", is a very cute animation; when opening a bee hive you don't see anything similar to a real one, no bees, no honeycombs, no queen(s), is a nice replacement for them.

• Like 1

+1, dancing beehives are just silly, they remind me of old cartoons.

-1 we need more cutesy things tbh

I was +1 but apparently some people adore the animation, and it doesnt bother me that much to vote for a non wiggely hive.

So i dont vote now ;).

Edited by Sirene
  • Like 1

+1 Personally it would be great to see something more in line with reality, like smoke or a small haze/mist to indicate bees.

But then i also do not mind the animation they currently have that much, sure its cartoony but i dont find it annoying or anything :D

Edit: I think i want one of those beds.

Edited by lawurm
  • Like 3

-1000. That animation is the best thing in wurm.

• Like 3

+1 It's just not in tune at all with the rest of Wurm

• Like 3

I don't like it but as long as we stop there I don't mind it. It is a bit silly and whimsical but I only see my hives once a year anyway, so meh.

• Like 1

I cant stop laughing at that gif omg thats so perfect

• Like 3

When the hive is a rock'n, don't come a knock'n!

Also dat bed!

Edited by Klaa

I rather like the wiggle box.

I'd consider a +1 only if there was a very easy visual distinction between active and empty hives without need for a mouse-over.

I kinda like it, like the bees are doing the yummy dance because they're making honey.

+1, wild bee hives have same animation or none? I think i saw one swinging on branch like gymnast, but not sure tho.

+1 It was extremely weird seeing the beehive do that. However if there are people that like it then more objects SHOULD be animated and the game options should allow people to turn off object animation. Hell, I am sure some people would like animated bridges.

1448671977611460.gif

• Like 3

Only when the wurmian sea freezes over and Valrei falls out of the sky will the bees stop their dance.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Saroman said:

Only when the wurmian sea freezes over and Valrei falls out of the sky will the bees stop their dance.

So we could get ice skating if that happened then... And valrei falling is fine as long as it hits anywhere but cele lol

+1

These bee hives fit to the round ship doors: kitschy.

I love the strive for realism in Wurm.

Imagine being able to load a catapult with a bee hive.

how about getting close to a hive without a smoker you get attack like Real life