Sign in to follow this  
Simyaci

Please make Sickle a piercing weapon

Nowadays sickle is not a very popular weapon because two handers (hugeaxe mainly) are much more preferred for pve and those who want to go with one hander and shield go for longsword. In pvp, because of its -2cr nerf, saying it is unpopular would be an understatement.

Making sickle a pierce weapon would bring a pierce only weapon to the one hander family, give people more one handed options against armor types and more importantly, from the looks of it, it cant cut anything that wears armor. When I was a newbie and got a sickle, I looked at it and thought it could pierce. Cutting something with it never crossed my mind.

Please make it a piercing weapon. I believe that will be enough to make it a considerable choice

• Like 1

behold the farmers sickle good for gabbing out your enemys eyes not to effective at the ear to ear but all to good at jabbing eye balls RAWR

Magic isnt real either, except it is, in wurm.

Sickle could have had low dmg like a carving knife or butchering knife but instead it has high damage, and is a weapon in wurm online universe.

Personally I never imagined piercing someone with a sickle, i guess it's possible... anyway, in terms of 1 handed piercing weapons I'd rather have a short spear.

And sickle is a pretty popular weapon anyways

11 hours ago, Simyaci said:

Magic isnt real either, except it is, in wurm.

Sickle could have had low dmg like a carving knife or butchering knife but instead it has high damage, and is a weapon in wurm online universe.

Wait magic isn't real?  :P

But jokes aside, the Sickle was never designed to be a weapon in Wurm(Hence the CR penalty).  A better suggestion would be to move sickle to blacksmithing to end the confusion about it.

59 minutes ago, Kurson said:

in terms of 1 handed piercing weapons I'd rather have a short spear.

Or this ^ 

• Like 1

I would rather cut with sickle than pierce if i would have to use it as weapon in rl, i suppose you could pierce but it doesnt look effective to me

• Like 1

I've always thought of piercing weapons as thrusting weapons.  The curvature of the sickle would seem to negate that.  Seems like more of a fluid/circular motion.

It could pierce given the sharp point but I'd have to hope that's a death blow, or intended to move the opponent, as the sickle would be kinda stuck.

Upper back/lower neck pulling your opponent down to the ground would seem effective as a special move if using dual-hand so you can contend with the next target in one continuous motion.

I've always heard of the sickle used in ancient Asia as a weapon farmers could easily disguise as a field tool when resisting oppression.  Lends itself well to the less percussive/abrupt martial arts.

• Like 1

Confusing the sickle tool with the sickle sword type, such as an Egyptian khopesh:

2d6d68307b44d56c876667f1c88bdc42.jpg

This was actually both a slashing and piercing/thrusting weapon. One possible use of the "hooks" was to forcibly move a shield out of the way while still being able to attack in one motion.

The tool is fine as is; though, always for adding more weapons.

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 2

I'm sure they are out there, but I haven't seen a pointy sickle.

• Like 1

who said sickles arent weapons... have they been to a rift? +1

A sword is also a piercing weapon. pointy pointy pierce pierce.
but it's called a slashing weapon for the same reason the sickle is. 

here's a D&D entry on Reddit 

In Wurm Online, things aren't so versatile. it's either pierce or crush or slash.
the sickle is a slasher. 

• Like 1

+1 for @Steveleeb

I'd rather classify sickle as slashing than piercing weapon.. use some sraight, pointy things to slap piercing dmg to them.

• Like 1

+1, I'll be the deadliest farmer out there.

There are plenty of medieval weapons that can be swung to pierce. No thrust = No pierce is false

Unlike khopesh, sickle doesnt look like it would be effective at cutting enemies. It does however look like it can possibly pierce an enemy even over the shield.

I dont see such a change happening though

On 5/14/2017 at 5:20 AM, Greyfox said:

A sickle isn't a weapon.  

What if instead we add a dagger class weapon?

I always thought it weird that Wurm had no daggers.

Carving knives.. require weaponsmithing to be improved.. but act as tools.. and do ##### damage :unsure::wacko:
Heard of somebody using LT/woa/poison knives to torture mobs...