Sign in to follow this  
Arkonick

Lag count since 1.3.5.5

Ever since 1.3.5.5. this is a fresh new map after a server start

Spoiler
  185872 INFO: Elapsed time (1367ms) for this loop was more than 1 second so adding it to the lag count, which is now: 1
  185874 INFO: Elapsed time (1336ms) for this loop was more than 1 second so adding it to the lag count, which is now: 2
  185876 INFO: Elapsed time (2339ms) for this loop was more than 1 second so adding it to the lag count, which is now: 4
  185878 INFO: Elapsed time (2347ms) for this loop was more than 1 second so adding it to the lag count, which is now: 6
  185880 INFO: Elapsed time (1953ms) for this loop was more than 1 second so adding it to the lag count, which is now: 7
  185882 INFO: Elapsed time (2244ms) for this loop was more than 1 second so adding it to the lag count, which is now: 9
  185884 INFO: Elapsed time (2440ms) for this loop was more than 1 second so adding it to the lag count, which is now: 11
  185891 INFO: Elapsed time (2417ms) for this loop was more than 1 second so adding it to the lag count, which is now: 13

Over time this will get super bad and tons of refreshing. You'll changed a calculation some where that started this. Never before did I have this and I do mean never. Even on a fresh map brand new map this does this now on my rig and my server. I first thought it was something I done in one of my mods on my main server so for 4 days I sift threw the files I changed and got my nerves racked looking for it and never found it also during this time I thought it might have been my server company they checked there rack out nothing was failing on there rack. So I decided to test it on my gaming rig and I get the same thing even on new maps that have been freshly made this happens from the start.

You'll need to sift back threw what you'll changed cause you'll hot a calculation off that's causing this issue now. after several hours of a server running i will show almost up to 2k server lag count and the refreshing is crazy. Before I just wiped Foreverlands and stopped moding and wasting my time having to fix compiled code every patch and my mods which is a pain to do for a moder my server would have 18k of lag counts after this patch before a 24 hr period was up and the server magically started to reboot cause of such lag counts.

In such future if CC decides to be more like Keen Software and allow the moding community to have access to source code that's has not been compiled so they don't have to go threw ide  dcompiler crap ever patch before they fix there mods I'm personally done doing double work to mod WU. In the mean time you need to trace down your glitch you done cause you now have something off.

• Like 1

If this is something from us there would have to be a lot more reports to it, but we'll keep an eye out

• Like 1

update not sure whats going on maybe this is steam related cause it took me 4 complete delete and reinstalls of wurm unlimited stand alone server to get it to run a map with out this lag count issue spamming. 

On my 4th try now on my server with pingperfect. It didn't just happen on my end but on a server company end and they download the same server files i do from the same location steam.

So when this happen to my main server before I went vanilla the steam server update to 1.3.5.5 apparently caused the same issue when the server was running fine till the updater updated the server files.

Not sure whats going on with steam but I believe it is a file corruption issue from the download. Something is getting corrupted in one of the files in the update. So if you have this issue you will have to keep reinstalling and wiping out the files till it don't get corrupted.

Thats what it is not sure what files are getting messed up on the server update but something threw steam is getting corrupted. I just launched my moded server on my end and it has no issues. The beta 1.3.5.5 didn't have this issue but the live 1.3.5.5 update when updating you have a chance for it to mess something up I'm not aware of what files at this time are being corrupted on the update but it is happening still trying to get it on my main server to download with out the corruption. 

Right now my server company is prob wondering what on earth i'm doing uninstalling and reinstalling the game on there rack. I will inform them in case others are having the same issue and reporting there WU is having lag spikes galore.

Not sure how the whole steam upload works between devs and steam but you might want to check into this with steam to find out whats going on on there end.

I have to say.....we also have more lags since the new update, on all 3 servers

until today i thought its because my hoster, but now...

Eject

I've been getting bad lag since the 1.3 update, i run a ded server on my home pc, and i figured that it was my pc, but now i'm not so sure, i cant even put my char into sleep without getting huge lag.

i'm about 2 days away from buying a faster computer.. so if someone can verify it's the newer updates and not my tower..

This si real im putting together a video to show me go threw this and install on serve rupdate all above and full view proof the steam update and download is getting corrupted. 

At this time I need a offical link to the standalone so Pingperfect can download and try to put it in on there end so I can get a working server.

The update is fine Ozmod it's the download from steam that is doing something. It took me 4 tries on my end to get a copy of the standalone that didn't do this but I've been trying now over 9 times on my server threw ping and I end up with a broken copy.

Edited by Arkonick

My video might be up in the next 2 to 3 hrs but I show the process threw ping the result and the result and process on my end as well. You will see first hand verification this is the cause.

well my pc has been acting up something bad of late, pages not loading correctly or taking too long, random black screens that I cant get rid of unless I hard boot, among other a myriad of issues, I cant even install win10 without it having a heart attack, so I think i'll just remedy it, by throwing out the baby with the bath water so to speak and hope it fixes the lag issue with it

It wont you will see in my video. As far as your pc sounds like your cpu ram or mainboard is going out. For me I just replaced my cpu cause it was failing but of course you know all about not shutting a pc down will shorten the life cycle of it's parts might be a cpu like I had.

18 hours ago, Arkonick said:

It wont you will see in my video. As far as your pc sounds like your cpu ram or mainboard is going out. For me I just replaced my cpu cause it was failing but of course you know all about not shutting a pc down will shorten the life cycle of it's parts might be a cpu like I had.

yeah sounds like it, there are even days it wont even start up, just a black screen, so Wednesday is rent day so i'll be heading into local computer store to get a new tower, it's getting so bad, I want to throw it out a second story window, or through whatever works lol... the lag has been so bad at times, wurm takes as much as 60 seconds to even start up.

The server lag count that's happening is not computer related it is corrupted download related.

My cpu went down the day before yesterday tho.

server lag just hit 24, so I've just shut it down,

Uploading video will take about 47 mins. I know it's a hr long but it shows the testing of both client standalone and hosted server downloading and installing and log views of the issue at hand. If you want to understand the issue watch the full video sound is a little low so might need to turn volume op a little I'll need to check in why that happened. Link will come soon as video is uploaded.

Edited by Arkonick

28 minutes ago, Arkonick said:

Uploading video will take about 47 mins. I know it's a hr long but it shows the testing of both client standalone and hosted server downloading and installing and log views of the issue at hand. If you want to understand the issue watch the full video sound is a little low so might need to turn volume op a little I'll need to check in why that happened. Link will come soon as video is uploaded.

You know that the pollers which cause the lag are random? So at one server start the lag could immediatly kick off and at another server start the lag could take hours until it appears.

I also don't see why you are reinstalling your WU server software when there is some lag?

Edited by Sklo:D

[01:52:00 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Elapsed time (3504ms) for this loop was more than 1 second so adding it to the lag count, which is now: 3

this started, straight after i put down a new building frame,

I believe it had something to do with the fxcontroler.jars

The install would install controlsfx-8.40.12.jar ,controlsfx-8.20.8-sources.jar and controlsfx-8.20.8.jar

This was on my server files after the install while on my side downloading the standalone server it would be random there was times it would install all of above then at times the lag count didn't happen it would only install controlsfx-8.40.12.jar and 

controlsfx-license.txt

Now my server company removed some files not sure who they spoke to but they removed controlsfx-8.40.12.jar and controlsfx-8.20.8.jar from the server side ever since that the server stopped the spamming of lag spikes.

Not sure what these files do but there was a post right after 1.3.5.5 beta i believe where keenan had to change something in a fx controler file don't remember off hand but I rem reading on this article. this might be what was happening a conflict between 2 jars that would do similar things when only one should have been present.

Keenan if you are reading this can you confirm if this would have been the issue? Like I said the issue stopped this morning after a brief server restart from ping after wards I noticed these 2 files where removed that the install placed in the folders.

Edited by Arkonick

righto, i have just had a couple hours i got that at 13:52 pm aus time, it's now 16:39pm aus time and i had no lag messages what so ever. i have to tell you my new pc is awesome, the other one is going to go in and be rebuilt when i'm rich enough lol. the lag on the old tower had reached crazy heights, so i have to tell you that it's the best 1200$ i've ever saved and spent lol.

Wyvern Reborn has been having huge lag spikes ever since the update.

look in the lib folder on your server and remove the controlsfx-8.40.12.jar an controlsfx-8.20.8.jar

My server went down and when it came back up these 2 files where removed and the server was working fine.

Back them up then remove them from the Lib folder on your server files and see if this stops the lag like it did on my servers at pingperfect.

if i remove either of those controls above the game wont launch AT ALL. it spikes as high as 10 if i use the wand to create materials.

All I can tell you is after 1.3.5.5 live my server  spammed lag counts I tried reinstalling it like i did on my pc to get it to work. On the second day my server went down and in unkown status for about 8 mins when it came back on them 2 files where removed on the server end and every thing has been running fine. Ping said they didn't do anything on there end and that it might have been a hotfix. Now on my end the standalone only has controlsfx-8.40.12.jar the controlsfx-8.20.8.jar was removed so your guess is as good as mine but i can say when both them jars where present the lag count was there. It wasn't until only one existed in the files did the lag count stop. So i assume you can't have both in that folder either or but not both.

This topic here talked about the controlsfx-8.40.12.jar 

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/153311-getting-huge-errors-with-wu-dedicated-server-beta/#comment-1571493

But like I said before It's a little confusing cause my client on my pc uses  controlsfx-8.40.12.jar while the hosted server from ping only has controlsfx-8.20.8.jar

When all the lag count was flying  the hosted server had both in the lib folder and when it was causing issues on my end both where present in the same folder removing one clear the issue well least for me it did.

Left side is a copy of the files that where on my hosted server end when lag count was spamming right side is what is there now after it went down and came back up 2 days later.

123456_zps8j5ngrj3.jpg

Edited by Arkonick

i reinstalled my ded server yesterday, seems better than it was, still getting a lag or 5, but not as bad as it was.