Sign in to follow this  
Malena

Rendered wall types not showing up? Or am I just doing something wrong?

Am I imagining things, or are we not able to build the rendered wall types in Wurm Unlimited? 

This is what it looks like with my ebony wand. Trowel didn't show them either. 

RenderedMissing.jpg

Rendered walls aren't actually built like that, rendering requires adding clay to plain stone walls, (or right clicking with the ebony wand and selecting "render"

Just now, Retrograde said:

Rendered walls aren't actually built like that, rendering requires adding clay to plain stone walls, (or right clicking with the ebony wand and selecting "render"

Ooooh I see ok! Yeah I've been so busy with Nostalgia that I had not tried building any of the new walls in Wurm online yet. Feel free to delete this thread :). 

You're more than fine, we can leave it open incase anyone else doesnt see them and panics too

• Like 2

While I'm at it, I'd like to ask @Retrogradewhether this is a bug, or whether this is "upcoming". So I cannot see any option to build a sandstone brick floor, only a sandstone slab floor. The texture is in the graphics.jar though? 

In this folder: \structures\houses\sandbrick_floor.dds

sandstone-brick-floor.jpg

5 hours ago, Malena said:

While I'm at it, I'd like to ask @Retrogradewhether this is a bug, or whether this is "upcoming". So I cannot see any option to build a sandstone brick floor, only a sandstone slab floor. The texture is in the graphics.jar though? 

In this folder: \structures\houses\sandbrick_floor.dds

sandstone-brick-floor.jpg

From what I understand sandstone brick is only for paving, with sandstone slabs as flooring. I was a bit bummed to find that out since I'd rather have the sandstone bricks inside my building instead of the red pottery brick.

7 minutes ago, Araninke said:

From what I understand sandstone brick is only for paving, with sandstone slabs as flooring. I was a bit bummed to find that out since I'd rather have the sandstone bricks inside my building instead of the red pottery brick.

Ah, well you see they actually use different textures. The floor has an additional wooden part to support the edges of the flooring, whilst the paving version doesn't. Here is where they are located and how they differ. So there is a texture existing for the floor, it's just not being used for some reason. I wonder if I should make a proper bug post?

sandstone-brick-floor2.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Malena said:

Ah, well you see they actually use different textures. The floor has an additional wooden part to support the edges of the flooring, whilst the paving version doesn't. Here is where they are located and how they differ. So there is a texture existing for the floor, it's just not being used for some reason. I wonder if I should make a proper bug post?

sandstone-brick-floor2.jpg

I'm not sure, you can try. Seems like Retro himself said it was suppose to work this way (i.e. sandstone bricks only for paving). But I could be wrong. Interesting the graphics are there though...

Interestingly enough there is a mapping for both floor types in the client...

model.structure.floor.sandstone_brick / model.structure.floor.sandstone_slab

And there are separate materials in here...

public enum FloorMaterial
           {
               WOOD((byte)0, "Wood", "wood"), 
               STONE_BRICK((byte)1, "Stone brick", "stone_brick"), 
               SANDSTONE_SLAB((byte)2, "Sandstone slab", "sandstone_slab"), 	// <========
               SLATE_SLAB((byte)3, "Slate slab", "slate_slab"), 
               THATCH((byte)4, "Thatch", "thatch"), 
               METAL_IRON((byte)5, "Iron", "metal_iron"), 
               METAL_STEEL((byte)6, "Steel", "metal_steel"), 
               METAL_COPPER((byte)7, "Copper", "metal_copper"), 
               CLAY_BRICK((byte)8, "Clay brick", "clay_brick"), 
               METAL_GOLD((byte)9, "Gold", "metal_gold"), 
               METAL_SILVER((byte)10, "Silver", "metal_silver"), 
               MARBLE_SLAB((byte)11, "Marble slab", "marble_slab"), 
               STANDALONE((byte)12, "Standalone", "standalone"),   				// <========
               STONE_SLAB((byte)13, "Stone slab", "stone_slab");

but it's not actually used in RoofFloorEnum which actually determines what available to build.

I wonder how hard would it be to mod it in... but also that will likely cause pain in the rear side once the official server gets more floor types.

• Like 1

Interesting bdew. So sounds like this is actually a bug and was just forgotten or something. 

Thanks Retro!

Oh and I just discovered a second similar issue @Retrograde. Both slate floors are in the graphics.jar, but only the new slab type is showing up. I hope there are no plans to "do away with" the old slate bricks as I prefer the old bricks and would want to still be able to use them.: 

slate.jpg

Edited by Malena

moding floors in is easy what i could never find when i was messing with it was where to add the overlay of the tile boarder to the floors so you could plan walls. I finally found it after I got a full list of files that where changed but I'm not moding no more so I have no need to continue my progression of new floors and walls/ roofs