Sign in to follow this  
Hailene

Food eating option *nibble*

With the implementation of affinity food, we just need one bite to get the full benefit. Instead of smashing escape as soon as we start eating, I suggest a "nibble" option where the character takes exactly one bite.

Saves a lot of headache and while the extra option is a bit annoying for our already cluttered UI; we don't really right click on food too often, anyway. So it should only be a minor problem that's outweighed by its benefits.

• Like 5

+1 Specially with all the lag I tend to eat more than intended because the <Esc> takes to long to register.

Have you examined your char? Notice the fat layers..;), who's to say.. all chars could stop eating after 1 bite..

If anything.. it only makes you cook more, which gives you more skill in return

About the lag.. there's.. this

Spoiler

a2cc0458c6d6429fa1b636aa961d4f99.png

Also.. there's google> leatrix doing the same/similar.. to optimize your packets or.. replies, blah blah..

if you're curious how that helps with the lag.. google> nagles algorithm

+1

I've found a good method for eating only 1 bite though, havent had it fail yet. Hold down esc while you right click and press eat so it cancels the action immediately.

Edited by boilingfort
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Finnn said:

Have you examined your char? Notice the fat layers..;), who's to say.. all chars could stop eating after 1 bite..

All the more reason. Our Wurm characters' eating habits are out of control! We need to cut down on the Wurm obesity epidemic asap!

• Like 1

+1 makes sense and shouldn't be too difficult to implement, similarly a "sip" option for drinks

I am lazy and I am slow, so a fat +1 from me

+1   One time I got pc lag and ate a huge chunk of the food.