Sign in to follow this  
_Waffles

Today's Update 1.3.55 broke server

So apparently this latest update broke a server I host. Note : Prior to this update today being applied, no issues.

Now, upon launching it, after the usual console spam, I see :

[03:48:05 PM] SEVERE com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiMain: 
file:/C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Wurm%20Unlimited%20Dedicated%20Server/server.jar!/com/wurmonline/server/gui/WurmServerGui.fxml

javafx.fxml.LoadException: 
file:/C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Wurm%20Unlimited%20Dedicated%20Server/server.jar!/com/wurmonline/server/gui/WurmServerGui.fxml

at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader.constructLoadException(FXMLLoader.java:2601)
    at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader.loadImpl(FXMLLoader.java:2571)
    at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader.loadImpl(FXMLLoader.java:2441)
    at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader.load(FXMLLoader.java:2409)
    at com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiMain.start(WurmServerGuiMain.java:117)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication1$162(LauncherImpl.java:863)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runAndWait$175(PlatformImpl.java:326)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$null$173(PlatformImpl.java:295)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$174(PlatformImpl.java:294)
    at com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(InvokeLaterDispatcher.java:95)
    at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
    at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$null$148(WinApplication.java:191)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at sun.reflect.misc.Trampoline.invoke(MethodUtil.java:71)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at sun.reflect.misc.MethodUtil.invoke(MethodUtil.java:275)
    at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader.loadImpl(FXMLLoader.java:2566)
    ... 12 more
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: ControlsFX Error: ControlsFX 8.20.8 requires at least Java 8u20
    at impl.org.controlsfx.version.VersionChecker.doVersionCheck(VersionChecker.java:86)
    at org.controlsfx.control.ControlsFXControl.<init>(ControlsFXControl.java:35)
    at org.controlsfx.control.PropertySheet.<init>(PropertySheet.java:220)
    at com.wurmonline.server.gui.propertysheet.ServerPropertySheet.initializeLocalServer(ServerPropertySheet.java:909)
    at com.wurmonline.server.gui.propertysheet.ServerPropertySheet.<init>(ServerPropertySheet.java:694)
    at com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiController.buildSelectServerBox(WurmServerGuiController.java:1448)
    at com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiController.initialize(WurmServerGuiController.java:1151)
    ... 22 more

In looking at this, I see a complaint that it wants Java 8u20. Since this server uses the built-in Java that is in the game's bin directory, I looked there, and see that this was updated today as well...

How do I fix this, or overcome this issue ?

Thanks.

In reviewing this further, it appears to be barfing specifically on the ControlsFX library.

Given that this issue was not present PRIOR to the patch, and given that I see a java update appears to have been bundled with the update, augmented by some googlefu, I'm guessing this has something to do with the version of ControlsFX that is bundled into the update.

Can a dev flag and look at this ? Again, prior to today's update, no issues with starting, restarting, and making new servers. I am now unable to do anything other than reproduce the error I previously posted.

Thank you in advance.

_waffles

I got an error very similar and mentioned the java so I installed java 64 on my server and copied the files from the installation into the wurm server install folder where the java is stored and it seemed to work.

@pherik - Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that and still not working.

I had to run SteamCMD twice  on my servers to get they to work. Wierd thing.

Mods don't seem to work though, new modloader needed?

Yes you need an updated modloader and some mods need updates too (from my mods i posted an update to better digging, everything else should work)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, _Waffles said:

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: ControlsFX Error: ControlsFX 8.20.8 requires at least Java 8u20

If you are still getting this error, make sure to update the modlauncher and if you are using a copy of the server folder - your lib folder inside it.

@bdew - Thanks for the reply.

I ended up doing what I should have done the first go around -> moved to Linux and using steamcmd. The windows server I had invested 5 hours trying to resolve and just decided to suck it up and utilize my linux skills as I would have normally done. Problem solved, server actually runs less hard, and increased the resources dramatically. I do use a bit of your mods, and ago as well... :D

If the server continues smoothly, I'm going to release it as public for those that want a more casual experience on a data center hosted server.

Thanks again for your replies community - good stuff !

_waffles