Sign in to follow this  
joedobo

Anyone want to explain how stamina works, using code as basis?

Anyone want to explain how stamina works? I thought I give it a shot to see if someone already has a explanation done. I'm working on a rock surface leveling action and I want to figure out how many times a toon could mine before running out of stamina. Action time should be based on either available stamina or the number of actions needed to level, whichever is less.

Specifically, a detailed break down of CreatureStatus.modifyStamina().

Edited by joedobo
code basis clarification

just empirical observation which could be biased its mainly effected by action time, secondly the less stamina you have when

starting an action will take longer to finish an action. Food and water % may have an effect too but not completely sure.

weight of inventory effects moving stamina, but if very high body strength it counteracts the effect somewhat.not completely sure

if inventory weight effects action timer and stamina use per mining action.

so light inventory, full food and water, high ql tool and woa, little stamina used for sure, very strong.

And viceversa. the question is, how much do each of those individually really deplete stamina for a mining action.

and of course if you turn on climbing your stamina wont last very long because obviously youre not replenishing it.

so adding it all and to see if other people have more variables, or discount any of my variables here is a list

1 action timer

2 starting stamina %

3 food

4 water

5 inventory weight (for sure for movement, unsure for action timers like mining)

6 body strength

7 tool ql

8 woa or botd

9 climbing

( i really hope you meant stamina and not fatigue lol ) but if fatigue, then i think it eats fatigue

from timer action as well, so if you neglect all of the above your fatigue will also deplete

fairly quick. (thanks to the modder for the no fatigue mod)

Spoiler

HQ pickaxe, WoA enchant(not botd or coc on the pick), also rarity(rare/supreme) all that shortens the timer, as well as your mining skill(lowers the timer); afaik that's your magic combo ql/cast/skill ~90-100 to be OP at this. [add rune for speed to this.. even tho imbue acts as skill booster.. I dont have any proof that it speeds up anything]

stamina scales with every next action, 1st action takes least time, next one takes more, and more etc... you SHOULDN'T que more than 2 actions imo.. if your goal is to get your work done faster; this also spares some damage on your tool as longer actions.. cause more damage on it

ignore stamina.. if you que 1-2 actions to get your job done faster, you dont need to worry about stamina.

I think body weight doesnt matter, unless you move.. when you move and you weight a lot... you lose stamina like crazy.

#0toHeroSurfaceMiningGuide

--edit

4 hours ago, joedobo said:

Thanks guys.  I guess I asked the wrong question. I need a good explanation of what is going on with CreatureStatus.modifyStamina().

Oops.. I never noticed the section.. just the base question ^^', sry

Edited by Finnn

Thanks guys.  I guess I asked the wrong question. I need a good explanation of what is going on with CreatureStatus.modifyStamina().

In order for me to add code to my mod that calculates how many actions are possible for a given character's conditions this is needed. Using default level action as an example,  it's not unusual to get an action timer that isn't possible because the toon would run out of stamina. I don't want my mod to work like that.