Sign in to follow this  
Fraeya

Allow deed owners to push moored boats on deed

Can we allow deed owners to push moored boats on deed so we don't need to petition the gm team every time we need boats moving to our perimeter

• Like 1

Why would you want to move somebody else's boat into your perimeter... knowing what it does to that property...

:ph34r:

That's why you need a gm.. boats take some serious amount of work.. and for the time being.. that have been the solution... imo it shouldnt be possible to put boats in perimeters either... by deeding near them and waiting for the pinata to pop.. or moving it in that sweet spot.

Sometime ago.. it was possible to deed over carts/wagons/(boats?)/chests/bsbs... all locked.. and by being the major.. certain people used to lockpick or remove the locks from the containers.. claiming the 'loot' than disbanding...

Even w/o such intent... your idea is deep waters.. polish your request;)

if you push someones boat on your deed and they are not the owner only a person allowed to use boat, they cannot use it again until the deed owner pushes it off. So this is a bad idea. there needs to be some sort of mechanic in place to allow expansion. Not sure what the best idea may be. 

9 minutes ago, Chlodovech said:

-1. Better is to prevent mooring on deed.

Not a solution... it's the only way to stop randoms from pulling your boat somewhere......

If only.. maps had official docks.. where boats could be moved to... if somebody were to use another's deed for the no/less-decay.. and mayor who dislike that.. could move them to such safe spots~ wurm's not that kind of mmo tho, with it's rotting boats on mountains, etc *shrugs*

---edit

1 minute ago, Lolabelle said:

if you push someones boat on your deed and they are not the owner only a person allowed to use boat, they cannot use it again until the deed owner pushes it off. So this is a bad idea. there needs to be some sort of mechanic in place to allow expansion. Not sure what the best idea may be. 

that only happens if the boat have no permissions(no lock); only than.. the mayor is temporary owner of the item.. while it's ondeed, not sure if the mayor could slap a lock on the cart/boat and claim it.. but doubt that; it's still odd that it works that way, it's old code from before permission system when ql1 locks weren't added to boat/carts/.... on creation.

Edited by Finnn

+1

Its far too common for someone to leave their boat somewhere when they leave the game; usually you end up with older docks being littered with wrecks.

6f0EgpI.jpg

This is the state of my dock area atm. I own 3 boats 2 of which are visible, there are another 6-7 abandoned ships out of shot.

I pay for the deed and frankly I should have full control of that, if I ask the GM to move the boats from inactive players then he's just going to move it into my perim anyway, don't care about the rafts or anchors that I would get as so called "loot" from these veritable piñatas of wood. I'd love to be able to keep the ships from inactive villagers but then I'd also like to tidy them up a bit or move them out of the way.

The idea is specifically to avoid the wait times of support and reduce the load on the gm team having to do menial chores rather than actually helping someone who needs it.

Edited by Fraeya

1 minute ago, Fraeya said:

6f0EgpI.jpg

This is the state of my dock area atm. I own 3 boats 2 of which are visible, there are another 6-7 abandoned ships out of shot.

I pay for the deed and frankly I should have full control of that, if I ask the GM to move the boats from inactive players then he's just going to move it into my perim anyway, don't care about the rafts or anchors that I would get as so called "loot" from these veritable piñatas of wood. I'd love to be able to keep the ships from inactive villagers but then I'd also like to tidy them up a bit or move them out of the way.

well its zero loot when they are on your deed as they will not decay, at least in your perimeter they will eventually decay, deal with it, everyone else does, /support

8months-2year from now and they be all gone

20 minutes ago, Finnn said:

Not a solution... it's the only way to stop randoms from pulling your boat somewhere......

Pretty sure the "may drag" option in the permissions is supposed to prevent that

don't need people pushing moored boats around, gm's are more than happy to move those boats off your deed for you, I have had it done several times over the years, it really is not a big deal

1 minute ago, JakeRivers said:

well its zero loot when they are on your deed as they will not decay, at least in your perimeter they will eventually decay, deal with it, everyone else does, /support

8months-2year from now and they be all gone

I'm not paying for someone elses junk to be safe for 8 months to 2 years, just because you "deal" with it doesn't mean we should or have to.

Can we stop derailing the thread about loot please or I'll have to ask for moderation, this is a suggestion to be able to push moored boats on your deed only, either to tidy them up if they are in the way or move them off deed like a GM would do, saving them the time and hassle.

• Like 3

you are the one who mentioned loot, so you derailed it yourself

you are requesting for a mechanic to be changed that prevents people from moving a boat when all you need to do is /support and request a gm to move your boats off your deed for you

@Fraeyayou have a point about paying for the spot etc... but as long you do not value other's property.. you deserve that mess to deal with..

Come up with solution in favor of both parties. Or at least care that devs do .. what you suggest is .. 'lets raid all these boats - yaaaaayyyyeee!!!!!'<_<

@FinnnPlease stop derailing the bloody thread and read and understand my words. I'm not intending to move boats to my perimeter to loot them, or in any way am I suggesting we have a boat raid loot party. I wish to be able to have them removed from my deed, or be able to move them out of my way, currently a GM will only move a boat if there has been effort to contact the owner and they have been absent for a specific amount of time. Then they will move the boat off deed, you cannot request that they move boats to a certain location on deed.

I Have a few boats from villagers currently mia, I don't want to put their ship offdeed as I said they could leave it there. It was parked badly or it's now in the way. I have two options, remove it entirely or leave it there. Neither of those options are what I want for said boat. For the other boats sure I could file a support ticket and wait said number of hours and take 30 mins of volunteer GM time while some newbie is stuck in a mine waiting for a ticket and quits the game (extreme example).

If pushing a boat while on deed and still in the water does not allow the owner to then sail it away then that is a separate issue that needs to be addressed.

The final point is that you should not park you boat on someones deed without asking or expecting it to be there when you come back, if you accept that risk then fine, if not, park somewhere else and deal with it.

So if I understand you correctly, you want to be able to push boats on your deed because you do not like how someone parked them.  You still want them on deed just not where they are.  I still disagree with your option but you should be a bit more clear about what you are wanting to do.  

I do not think you should be able to drag someone's boat that is locked and moored because you dislike their parking abilities.  If the person is MIA and you want it to be in the perimeter then a GM should move it.  They are the ones with the ability to see if the person is really MIA.  While I might see that the boat has been there longer than I would like, it doesn't tell me that the person has not been in game.

1 minute ago, Pashka said:

I do not think you should be able to drag someone's boat that is locked and moored because you dislike their parking abilities.  If the person is MIA and you want it to be in the perimeter then a GM should move it.  They are the ones with the ability to see if the person is really MIA.  While I might see that the boat has been there longer than I would like, it doesn't tell me that the person has not been in game.

That's really irrelevant, it's my deed I pay for it I should be able to move everything on it the way I see fit. If you park your car irl on someones drive, do you really expect it still be there when you come back after a week/month/year?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Fraeya said:

currently a GM will only move a boat if there has been effort to contact the owner and they have been absent for a specific amount of time

I don't believe this to be true, you have moored boats on your deed and the owner is not in local or online, you type /support and a gm will move the boats off your deed, usually not far though, but its off the deed, before they move them you can ask if they can drop them in a specific spot out of the way, don't ask them to do this if they moved them already though. Plan ahead and then open up the support ticket.

It sounds to me that you just don't want to take the time to contact or wait for a gm response.

Edited by JakeRivers

+1 deeding over big piles of undeeded ships and pushing them onto lava sounds fun, totally no downsides or abuse possibilities :)

/irony off.

sorry, but the suggested change really doesnt not show any ways to prevent serious abuse of that mechanic, so i'll have to -1.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Fraeya said:

@FinnnPlease stop derailing the bloody thread and read and understand my words. I'm not intending to move boats to my perimeter to loot them, or in any way am I suggesting we have a boat raid loot party. I wish to be able to have them removed from my deed, or be able to move them out of my way, currently a GM will only move a boat if there has been effort to contact the owner and they have been absent for a specific amount of time. Then they will move the boat off deed, you cannot request that they move boats to a certain location on deed.

I Have a few boats from villagers currently mia, I don't want to put their ship offdeed as I said they could leave it there. It was parked badly or it's now in the way. I have two options, remove it entirely or leave it there. Neither of those options are what I want for said boat. For the other boats sure I could file a support ticket and wait said number of hours and take 30 mins of volunteer GM time while some newbie is stuck in a mine waiting for a ticket and quits the game (extreme example).

If pushing a boat while on deed and still in the water does not allow the owner to then sail it away then that is a separate issue that needs to be addressed.

The final point is that you should not park you boat on someones deed without asking or expecting it to be there when you come back, if you accept that risk then fine, if not, park somewhere else and deal with it.

It is a SANDBOX, if you leave your boat somewhere... you'd expect to find it there in a week(unless a gm decides otherwise).. you aren't supposed to do as you please with other's property on pve servers:ph34r:

Also I would like to point out, in the time spent on this thread you could of had a support ticket opened and boats moved already.

I don't believe this to be true, you have moored boats on your deed and the owner is not in local or online, you type /support and a gm will move the boats off your deed, usually not far though, but its off the deed, before they move them you can ask if they can drop them in a specific spot out of the way, don't ask them to do this if they moved them already though. Plan ahead and then open up the support ticket.

I've asked for boats to be removed before and been refused because the player was online, even after talking with them and them agreeing to move the boat they still didn't come to remove the boat

1 minute ago, Fraeya said:

I've asked for boats to be removed before and been refused because the player was online, even after talking with them and them agreeing to move the boat they still didn't come to remove the boat

Then you re-open your ticket and say the player refuses to move the boat I am sure they will move it then or have a word with said player.

2 minutes ago, Finnn said:

you aren't supposed to do as you please with other's property on pve servers:ph34r:

Like filling it up with abandoned boats?

Also I would like to point out, in the time spent on this thread you could of had a support ticket opened and boats moved already.

But how is that going to help other people with a similar problem? I'm not requesting a change simply for my personal benefit but for the betterment of the game in general (in my opinion)

Because if they add your change people will find there 'moored' boats stuck inside locked mines in someones deed or worse.

• Like 1