Sign in to follow this  
Jaz

Allow perimeters less than 5 tiles

On PVE please allow optional perimeter size less than 5 tiles. Adjacent deed placement trying to follow diagonal mountainsides or coasts is quite inconvenient with 2x5 tiles perimeter.

• Like 3

As someone who has 7 adjacent deeds I can only +1 this suggestion. I'd love to be able to use all the space in-between my deeds rather than having to try to maintain 10-tile decaying borders.

I'd like for the default size to stay 5 but to be able to downsize it.

• Like 2

+1
It would be great! I have lot of problem with 10 tiles perimeter, maybe it could be minimum 2 tiles per deed, the 4 tiles perimeter would be enough free place for roads betveen two deeds.

• Like 1

+1

Made a similar suggestion a while back, would be great if it was adjustable by direction.

• Like 1

+1.

Either that or at least tone down the decay for the deed it is part of. Not necessarily 0 decay...but not the extra fast rate.

Heh, I kept begging for years for an option to downsize or even opt off the "free perimeter" on a specific side (or all).

obvious +1 here.

• Like 1

+1.  There is the risk this would make boxing in large areas easier, but that can already be done if you're determined.

I would prefer to not allow to set perimeter to 0 - maybe 2 would be good to prevent hogging huge areas in between a ring of deeds

Hate to be that guy, but Imma -1 this.

Reason:  I put down a deed, I use my free 5 perimeter, and I'm guaranteed everyone else will have at the very least 5 more tiles of perimeter butting up against me.  If you allow others not to have the 5 basic perimeter, all of a sudden I'm only guaranteed a 5 tile buffer of my own.  I would have to pay more just to keep the buffer I have now, while the person choosing to get entirely too close to me pays nothing at all.

There is a lot of land, or so we keep telling people... nobody has any particular need to place themselves 5 tiles closer to me.

Hi, my name is Reylaark, and I just became that guy. :ph34r::unsure:

• Like 1

I'm happy if there is a need to be in alliance or something to get the approve of the neighbouring deed to let the perimeter toned down...

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Greyfox said:

+1.  There is the risk this would make boxing in large areas easier, but that can already be done if you're determined.

That's not a "risk". That's a guarantee. This will be abused.

I like this idea, but maybe have there be an option to allow close deeds per side? Or be able to set this option on each side.

1 hour ago, fencejumper said:

I like this idea, but maybe have there be an option to allow close deeds per side? Or be able to set this option on each side.

I like this. A permission on the deed you own to set minimum perimeter on a given side. It's a cool idea.

So you can snuggle up with the folks you do and keep others at arm's length.

7 hours ago, Arvid said:

That's not a "risk". That's a guarantee. This will be abused.

It already can be done on PVE, a 10x1 tile house in the perim is all it takes now.  Granted this suggestion would make boxing off large areas easier, but asshats can do it now anyway. And I've personally seen it done the way it can be done right now.  
Just because some asshats would abuse this is no reason to deny it to the everyday legit player. 

11 hours ago, Bonsai said:

+1.

Either that or at least tone down the decay for the deed it is part of. Not necessarily 0 decay...but not the extra fast rate.

decay on houses isnt faster in perimeter.

For houses, additional decay is added if the owner of the house is absent, accelerated decay happens if the owner has not logged in in some time, perimeter doubles that, but it does not add anything in itself

8 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

decay isnt faster in perimete

then why do my off deed fences blow up if they are inside my perimeter after a month or so, the ones beyond the perimeter stay peachy

Sorry, edited to clarify houses, fences I'd have to check

Yeah good question, we push all the old carts, bsb, fsb, chest, etc. of previous players that left or moved on into the perimeter and I notice they decay abit faster than off in the "lands of wurm".

+1 for the OP. 

I own several adjacent deeds and I hate being forced to have 10 tiles of unprotected land between them. 

• Like 1

There have been detailed discussions about this in the past with various proposals. Nothing has come of it. Something will now?

=Ayes=