It's a nice step to making the metagame less essential.   +1

No new priest unique stuff (we're owed after enchants became the province of crafters -_- )

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MrGARY said:

Will it count for things like season variances etc?  I think they vary? Or is it just hey you picked this day to be harvest day and it will use that day next wurm year even if it could be wrong?  How would it work on different servers which definitely have different harvest times?  Or once you studied it does it tell you when the server you're on specifically is ready?

One almanac will work on all servers and give that servers data.

• Like 1

Loving all the new stuff but ( oh come on you knew that was coming) there has been this orphan project that has been left for years. maybe even forgot about.

The Temple mission how much longer do we have to look at the ? bag.

• Like 4

i do like the addition of new bushes :) 

i m still waiting for my rose hedges to change from that default hedge look ... ;) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Becket said:

Loving all the new stuff but ( oh come on you knew that was coming) there has been this orphan project that has been left for years. maybe even forgot about.

The Temple mission how much longer do we have to look at the ? bag.

I'm pushing for it to be a giant ? bag

• Like 10

22 hours ago, Retrograde said:

you study it and receive a report, that report lasts forever inside the almanac, ql  and skill of the writer will determine how much info it is and how far ahead you'll see it coming/ending

So, if the report is based on skill/ql, will it be possible for people to study it again later when they have more skill?

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Retrograde said:

I'm pushing for it to be a giant ? bag

Let your inner troll roam.... give it a new design.. A giant "!" bag ^_^

• Like 2

On 5/6/2017 at 8:48 AM, Roysta said:

i do like the addition of new bushes :) 

i m still waiting for my rose hedges to change from that default hedge look ... ;) 

Haven't made any yet, but if they change from the default look to actual Rose hedges, I certainly will be!

• Like 1

I had the same thought as Cecci.  We can update the almanac as our skill rises?

Hoping that's the case.

Each report is separate, so you can just go study the tree/bush/trellis again and replace the report in the almanac.

Note once you study, you need to write the report on paper or papyrus before you forget what you studied.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Tich said:

Each report is separate, so you can just go study the tree/bush/trellis again and replace the report in the almanac.

Note once you study, you need to write the report on paper or papyrus before you forget what you studied.

I like the sound of that, and hope this is just the start of many new books in wurm.

I think the almanac is a great idea. It gets frustrating trying to use the calendar on wurmpedia because it is not completely accurate. 

All i wana know is when we get that catseyes on test... ☺

13 hours ago, Tich said:

Awesome!

2 hours ago, Sila said:

All i wana know is when we get that catseyes on test... ☺

They have been on test for a while...

Yay for berry bushes and almanacs!  And I'm actually quite pleased that cocoa beans are still a rare commodity, as opposed to being easy to grow.  It's nice that chocolate is something special.

4 hours ago, Wonka said:

And I'm actually quite pleased that cocoa beans are still a rare commodity, as opposed to being easy to grow.

Blasphemy!  Rank Heresy!  Chocolate is a food group!

**giggles and runs away**  :)

• Like 4

I'd chase after you to teach you the error of your ways, but unfortunately, having materially contributed to the chocolate shortage, my fat bar is over-full.  So I'm just going to sit here a little while...

• Like 1