Sign in to follow this  
Klaa

Easier Filling of Listed Containers

Some of the worse chores with a mouse can be filling multiple listed containers. Say for example thirty small barrels in a wagon, or thirty bowls in an oven.

There are methods that panfillers use to approach this state; however, imho they still fall short.

Some degree of a shortcut would be handy, for example 'dragging and dropping' a liquid unto the header item of the list, which would attempt to fill each container in the list until either the liquid runs out or no more containers. Granted one might want only so much of the liquid in each container; though, theres several ways such can be implemented.

Same can be said for nonliquids, dragging over a pile of say chopped spices.

• Like 4

I was thinking of posting about the same suggestion yesterday. Hivemind!

Absolutely +1, but let me give an example:

We have shift+drag now, right...

ctrl+drag - fill containers in the list consecutively, i.e. fill one to the top, then move on to the next one

alt+drag - fill containers concurrently, i.e. put 1 in each, then 1 more  etc, which in case item quantity is divisible by number of containers would distribute it evenly

cons: might kill few panfilling businesses and drive the players away from Wurm

edit: In fact, this ctrl+drag thing can be simply applied to the current normal dragging on a stack of containers, instead of making it a separate feature

Edited by zigozag
  • Like 3

While i agree that that would be awesome to have, i think the consequences of it would create great inbalance and made grinding hfc, baking, beverages and mind logic and soul depth way to easy for game such is Wurm compared to other skills and be unfair to people who spent many hours in doping that. I don't know, tbh, mixed feelings on it...

• Like 3

It wont happen we werent even allowed an option to select all container contents to make emptying more user friendly because it would be 'too easy' and this is after the work for skill is over not before like the op

3 hours ago, kochinac said:

While i agree that that would be awesome to have, i think the consequences of it would create great inbalance and made grinding hfc, baking, beverages and mind logic and soul depth way to easy for game such is Wurm compared to other skills and be unfair to people who spent many hours in doping that. I don't know, tbh, mixed feelings on it...

YUP... water's 'infinite' and so easy to get.. or w/e liquid you plan to work in bulk with... such feature is going to just be abused:wacko::ph34r:

:(