Sign in to follow this  
Gawain

Banned message when using a VPN while on forums?

I think this is a bug but when I am on a VPN it says I'm banned but when I'm not I have no issues. Note I have never broken any forum rules just curious as to why this may be

Your VPN may have an IP address that has previously been banned on these forums. It's nothing that you've done personally.

2 hours ago, Gawain said:

I think this is a bug but when I am on a VPN it says I'm banned but when I'm not I have no issues. Note I have never broken any forum rules just curious as to why this may be

Some VPN's have less than perfect people using them. If people that use the VPN with you do "stuff" that causes a problem, the IP address can be blocked. It can be done either by this forum, any DDOS protection they may have or one of several other types of firewalls / protections. It has nothing to do with your account, just the connection you have through your VPN.

Edited by zethreal
Firestarter beat me to it.

18 minutes ago, zethreal said:

Some VPN's have less than perfect people using them. If people that use the VPN with you do "stuff" that causes a problem, the IP address can be blocked. It can be done either by this forum, any DDOS protection they may have or one of several other types of firewalls / protections. It has nothing to do with your account, just the connection you have through your VPN.

19 minutes ago, Firestarter said:

Your VPN may have an IP address that has previously been banned on these forums. It's nothing that you've done personally.

Alright thanks guys!