Sign in to follow this  
Sweyzaka

Sheet’-ká X'áat'l: Rugged Alaskan Archipelago, Real Terrain Data, 4096x

Hello,

Sheet’-ká X'áat'l is the name given by the native people of Baranof Island, to part of the Alexander Archipelago in Alaska. This map was built using real elevation data from the USGS, as well as bathymetric data from the NOAA for most of the underwater depths. I've added some islands from nearby areas to fill out the map. I had a lot of fun creating this map and hope others will enjoy playing on it. Map is ready to play right out of the box. Just unzip the file directly into the WurmServerLauncher directory. I've hand placed altars and starting point, though these would change if you rebuild the database.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx-UomoDDL0TSEFHSEU3ODJzTHM

Happy Wurming!

KaZOtse.png

kkU0FOW.jpg

17PXl7H.png

ZpS92v6.png

G911VVY.png

bI0BBUN.png

budVg0L.png

9cIWda0.png

7wVwD2e.png

xsG02JX.png

RqSQkAZ.png

Gi2mH9a.png

wixMjbq.png

• Like 8

i like this map. do you have the original files like the heightmap that i could use to tweak it for a private server?

Edited by MootRed

MootRed: Here is a link to the heightmap & biome PNGs. Hope it helps.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx-UomoDDL0TbEFSbGVtcVdwZ3M

Brash_Endeavors: It is really awesome to hear that you and your kids have a connection to Sitka. Indeed, I was captivated by the natural beauty of the place and it was this that drove me to work on the map. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

May I ask what you used to make the map? I would like to make one of a different real life location, but I don't know how.