Sign in to follow this  
zigozag

BRIDGES made of slate, sandstone, etc

I heard they aren't on the to-do list now... I suggest to put them there in the ASAP category! It's very important to have bridges matching new buildings.

• Like 6

Also, match the graphics for all the types of marble, bridges to walls ;)

• Like 3

Looking forward to build demonic bridges from slate.

Pottery bridges would open up some more medieval themed options too...

I hope the future database expansion will give opportunity to those models too.

• Like 3

Not on the list anymore?!? Tragic...+1. Please add these asap. 

12 hours ago, zigozag said:

I heard they aren't on the to-do list now

Who did you hear that from?

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

Who did you hear that from?

Well can you verify if this is true or not?

You are the PR man

1 hour ago, JakeRivers said:

You are the PR man

You misspelled CR! 

The list is long, and full of terrors, there's a lot of desired projects and we're working on them as we go, I can certainly say it's not true that it isn't on a list, but that doesn't mean that it's currently underway or has any set time frame, just that it isn't ruled out.

Nearly every suggestion on this board involves artwork in some way, shape, or form, every new system we introduce requires new artwork, and that means we have to set priorities accordingly, it's not a matter of not being on a list of things we'd like to see come to the game, what matters is where it lies on our list of what's needed first.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Sila said:

for sure there are no new roofs on list!

Roofing falls into the other category of housing stuff, longer term project as it requires a lot of back end changes

dare i say..
I'd wager that the `back end` changes relate to rainfall (and stuff)..
forcing it into long-term categorization and with it, the desire for new textures.
they're not mutually exclusive obviously, no back-end changes needed for copper or sandstone roofs, but order is order.

as for bridges made from other materials 

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/124072-slate-brick-bridge/
+1

4 hours ago, Retrograde said:

I can certainly say it's not true that it isn't on a list, but that doesn't mean that it's currently underway or has any set time frame, just that it isn't ruled out.

Maybe it's on Santa's list then? Was it naughty or nice? That would set the priority timeline I would think. Not all lists are listed I would imagine and if that is the case, case closed. Then again we do have lock picks, so nothing can really be safely hidden away, eh? Not that I mean to be picky about it really.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Retrograde said:

what matters is where it lies on our list of what's needed first.

What matters is that we get finished content, not just patches of everything while other things are worked on, we get new walls types? then we should get every new wall type and building option to match that. You expect us to want to build large castles or epic towns with marble or slate or pottery when we can only use stone parapets and stone or marble bridges?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fraeya said:

What matters is that we get finished content, not just patches of everything while other things are worked on, we get new walls types? then we should get every new wall type and building option to match that. You expect us to want to build large castles or epic towns with marble or slate or pottery when we can only use stone parapets and stone or marble bridges?

you're mistaking expanding content with "unfinished content"

Fact is what we released is finished, we may expand upon it later, but that doesnt mean it wasn't finished.

If thats the case nothing is "finished" because we keep expanding upon it. 

I'd say that making half of the wall set we can use from a different material isn't finished. 

It's like making someone a chess set from stone rather than wood but not having any rooks or bishops, it's incomplete and although I could choose to use the wooden pieces I'd rather just use the complete set I already have.

I'm very grateful for the new wall types but personally I feel it's pointless to redo any of my buildings if they are going to look half finished when completed.

• Like 1