Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Warning : Skorpionek

I am not sure if Skorpionek is doing this to just me or to everyone but if you are selling something and want your money in a timely fashion avoid bids from Skorpionek. 

I have sold two batches of items to Skorpionek and both times it took a week or more to get the cods collected. I even sent forum pms reminding of the mail that is read but get ignored. I guess the mail system does send the items back in 14 days but just wanted to give a little warning to everyone. 

If you have had bad dealings with Skorpionek feel free to share. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 2

two days ago i received mail which also was an item i cod'd to him that timed out after two weeks.

• Like 2

The last items I had cod and was waiting on he listed them on his rare sales thread even though he had not picked the items up from the mail yet.  This new one has still not been picked up and it has been 6 days now with no response to my forum pm.  He is quick to respond to where to send the item but after that nothing.

I guess i am not the only one this is happening to so glad i posted this for sure. 

Edit: I thought i would post a link to the rare sales thread Skorpionek has. Notice the bumps there is one from what i thought to be a reputable bulk group lets hope it is not the same group doing this...

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/152901-wts-glimmersteeladamantineraresupreme/

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kegan said:

The last items I had cod and was waiting on he listed them on his rare sales thread even though he had not picked the items up from the mail yet. 

Short-selling, kind of?  Though he's securing inventory prior to his sale which I think in RL would require a Securities Lending transaction if inventory can't be acquired before his buyer comes calling.  Failed trades where one party doesn't honor the agreement in RL do have consequences I believe.

Perhaps we should implement a tax based on days something is left in the mail after being read to compensate the original seller.

I presume a cod item can be returned to sender upon reading if it wasn't asked for?

Or maybe allow the original seller to specify the amount of time they'll allow a cod outstanding before being returned?

Radial Menu:

• Trade Date + 1 (T+1)
  • Trade Date + 3 (T+3)
  • Trade Date + 7 (T+7)

with Trade Date being RL date item was sent.

• Like 1

I do not have a problem with the time of the mail really but he is using the mail as a way to get items that he can not afford to buy hoping he can come up with the funds as he goes. (well that is what it seems like to me) 

When he bought the last items from me it was four items totaling 27s and had pm me to negotiate to get that price. It took a week or so of back and forth and threatening to post about him last time to get him to pick up the last ones. Even then it was one item a day over a few days till all the items were picked up.  I had another sale and he bid on a rare sm anvil this time but gave him the benefit of doubt knowing that the item would return and sure enough this is day 6 with no money yet.

If a person is having trouble or something comes up and they need some time then pm me and say that don't ignore me completely this tells me you are up to no good or just don't care.  Stop bidding on things if you can not afford to pick them up the same day or make arrangements beforehand before buying/bidding on your item. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

iirc, i also had items with delayed pickups... some (a while ago) even came back, both of us being on deli means i didn't lost them, but for cross servers mailing, items are not returned after 2 weeks, just deleted., welp, good that was at least fixed... still bothering anyway.

The whole buy cheap to sell higher game is fine, as long as you have the funds for it, outbidding someone not to honor the sale is a shitty move for both the seller and the third party, so i really hope things will get cleared and items paid on time.

Edited by Odynn
woo, fixes to mailing that were unannounced!
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Odynn said:

iirc, i also had items with delayed pickups... some (a while ago) even came back, both of us being on deli means i didn't lost them, but for cross servers mailing, items are not returned after 2 weeks, just deleted.

I did pm Enki last time on the 27s deal and as long as you are not on epic when the items from any freedom server is returned you will get them back now.. they fixed that. 

Edit: iirc he was not sure how being on epic would effect the mail returning. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 2

I might start making threads like this, wish the game had a way to prevent people abusing COD mailing. Happens a lot sadly also to me Kegan.

I can't stress this enough, we need a ledger in this game!

Just now, Niki said:

I might start making threads like this, wish the game had a way to prevent people abusing COD mailing. Happens a lot sadly also to me Kegan.

It might not be the best but i use an alt and leave him online 24/7 while the cods are going on and can see the amounts come in on the logs. This only works if you have different amounts but it did work this time as he was the only one with 5s as the amount. (The others paid within 1-2 days of mailing as normal)  

But yea a way to see who has picked up their cods would be a great add for sure. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kegan said:

Edit: I thought i would post a link to the rare sales thread Skorpionek has. Notice the bumps there is one from what i thought to be a reputable bulk group lets hope it is not the same group doing this...

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/152901-wts-glimmersteeladamantineraresupreme/

Skorpionek is a part of our alliance (Polish alliance on Deli), but I wouldn't say he's a part of our "bulk group".

I don't think anyone in our alliance knew about the way he's doing business (so far everyone is surprised that he's doing this thing with mail). We don't consider buying things cheaper and selling them for higher price as something "unfair", but as I understand that's not the issue here.

Let's call him and see what he has to say: @Skorpionek.

Oh, and as a fellow Wurmian, I'm sorry it happened do you guys. Of course we'll talk with him on our ally chat.

Edit: And he didn't log in 5 days - in case anyone else waiting for him to pick up mail.

Edited by archer
Update
  • Like 2

Well he is not doing anything wrong from a game rules stand point and no I have no issue with buying low and selling high there are a lot of people that do that including me. (although i lose money on most of them seems like) 

Until posting this i had thought it was just a case of bad money management on the first one and maybe a little hate on this second one but was not sure. Now seeing others have had issues too maybe there is more to it.. idk 

It does seem like he has slowed down with bidding on things now but back when i was waiting on my first cods i seen him bidding on things right and left while my cods were sitting in the mail waiting on him to collect them. 

Edited by Kegan

What it looks to me is that he is a reseller using the mail as a safety net. He "buys" something and puts it up for sale for 14 days without picking up the item. If it doesnt sell in 14 days then he lets it return to sender with no money loss. If it sells, he makes a profit.

This may not be against the rules, but it is an extremely d move. Basicly he is letting you take his losses. He gets no risk on his transaction while you are stuck without an item or money for two weeks, and end up having to relist something. You do all the work, take all the risk, and he gets the profit.

Good to know. I will keep this in mind when selling in the future. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

What it looks to me is that he is a reseller using the mail as a safety net. He "buys" something and puts it up for sale for 14 days without picking up the item. If it doesnt sell in 14 days then he lets it return to sender with no money loss. If it sells, he makes a profit.

This may not be against the rules, but it is an extremely d move. Basicly he is letting you take his losses. He gets no risk on his transaction while you are stuck without an item or money for two weeks, and end up having to relist something. You do all the work, take all the risk, and he gets the profit.

Good to know. I will keep this in mind when selling in the future. 

What a brilliant and devious idea!

37 minutes ago, Aeryck said:

What a brilliant and devious idea!

Selling to him I meant! Thats not something I would do myself. I have no problems paying my tabs.

But yeah, its a pretty slimey deal. The guy found a loophole and is exploiting it as best it can its what it seems to me.

5 hours ago, Niki said:

• Like 1

Maybe a thing that stops you sending a cod if the person that it is going to does not have the funds to cover it might be a thought but for sure a mail ledger or something listing all the items you have sent that also shows the timers on them would be nice for sure. 

• Like 1

Nah putting controls on who to send what to would be problematic. I dont always keep money on all my alts. If I need something mailed to an alt I can always log into my main, transfer money, and then accept on alt.

• Like 1

He also pms me trying to sell me things I dont want, like random rares... even though ive not put up a wtb.

On 29/4/2017 at 9:28 PM, Kegan said:

Well he is not doing anything wrong from a game rules stand point

Are you sure? Selling something that you don't even own sounds to me like a modus operandi that GMs would call a scam. You could ask a GM.

Anyway, what was it that the scorpion said after the frog had tried to ferry him across the river? Lol.

6 hours ago, Cista said:

Are you sure? Selling something that you don't even own sounds to me like a modus operandi that GMs would call a scam. You could ask a GM.

Anyway, what was it that the scorpion said after the frog had tried to ferry him across the river? Lol.

Well to be fair he did not list them the same day he had them sent it was only after i was putting pressure on him to pick them up. It did seem like at the time that he was just having trouble with money and that he had overspent but seeing the others post this might be an ongoing problem he has.  

As of now the last item i am waiting on is still in limbo and he has been on the forums anyway since all this has been posted. (says 21 hours ago)  I would be happy if he just refused the item if he can not afford it but it will likely be the 14 days if he takes a break to let things "blow over" now. 

just change it from 14 days to 2 days cod returns. The system is being abused its a problem with the system. if its not changed someone else will end up doing it next month or next week.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Killroth said:

just change it from 14 days to 2 days cod returns. The system is being abused its a problem with the system. if its not changed someone else will end up doing it next month or next week.

I disagree. Often when I buy something I ask them to mail it to be in the beginning of the month with the notification that I would pick it up before it gets returned but may not be able to pick it up right away due to having to buy the silver first. The system we have may be abused by some, but it is also something that is used by other people and we shouldn't have to suffer because of those who abuse it.

I haven't made any experiences with Skorpionek myself, but I've also noticed how many times items return from different people.

However, I would say that if this thread is called a "warning" thread about him, it shouldn't derail into discussion about the CoD system. We should use other threads for that - for example the one Fraeya linked:

• Like 1

The mail cod system is fine the way it is. Report people who abuse it so no one sells to them. Problem solved. Until we have the QOL update, we can police swindlers this way.

• Like 3