Sign in to follow this  
Arium

Change traitor and tree missions

currently traitor missions like to spawn on player pets including but not limited to champion animals whereas tree missions can spawn on trees that are on other deeds deeds within the designated mission zone.

due to this i'd like to see them change in a way that disables them to spawn on anything that is close to a deed or within a perimeter so the missions are actually doable.

Edited by Arium
  • Like 2

Sounds more like a bug than a suggestion. Unless you are suggesting that they should focus on this bug. Either way.. +1

I had a traitor cave bug spawn inside a cave I had sealed off on deed. I mean it was nice for me to kill the cave bug, but I think if the same were to happen in a deeded off place, it wouldnt be as nice.

Tree missions might be in a perimeter but that doesn't make it where people cannot do them.  Just remember to replant to be nice.  If you want to be nice that day.

I wish there were more types of missions.  It keeps me busy when I'm bored since I'm not a big time crafter.

33 minutes ago, Pashka said:

Tree missions might be in a perimeter but that doesn't make it where people cannot do them.  Just remember to replant to be nice.  If you want to be nice that day.

i am not refering to perimeter missions but to missions like this:

kNJGLfZ.png

in this case the tree that needs to be cut down south of deed a can actually be ON deed b, not just around it, and it is not possible for anyone to get to it other than the deed owner.

If a tree is actually on a deed that is the bug that would need to be reported.  I would imagine they would need all of the information in the bug report such as the mission and the deed and the deed location etc.  The tree is not supposed to spawn on a deed at all.  I had not heard of it happening that the tree was actually on a deed before.

I feel tree missions need a closer look anyway. I remember some time ago I logged in and was shocked to see that an entire pine tree forest next to my deed had been cut off over night, and the person responsible had left like 100 felled trees lying around. It was such a mess that I filed a griefing ticket and had a GM investigate the situation. (Needless to say the player claimed it was a mission asking to "cut the pine tree north of...". :(

Do we really need this destructive type of mission to enjoy the game? 

Description: Fo requires you to slay venerable fat Tortoise traitor. It was last seen in the north regions.

yey for pet traitors...

On 29.4.2017 at 8:27 AM, Yaga said:

I feel tree missions need a closer look anyway. I remember some time ago I logged in and was shocked to see that an entire pine tree forest next to my deed had been cut off over night, and the person responsible had left like 100 felled trees lying around. It was such a mess that I filed a griefing ticket and had a GM investigate the situation. (Needless to say the player claimed it was a mission asking to "cut the pine tree north of...". :(

Do we really need this destructive type of mission to enjoy the game? 

well the easiest way to avoid widespread destruction is having smaller deeds since the designated trigger area can only be as big as the deed it spawns next to. but i do agree, for quite a few people these missions are a nuissance.

8 hours ago, Arium said:

... well the easiest way to avoid widespread destruction is having smaller deeds... 

Good joke - thanks for that helpful advice :/

9 hours ago, Yaga said:

Good joke - thanks for that helpful advice :/

i think it already would go a long way to make tree missions the same as traitor missions actually. traitor missions mention the creatures age and type, if tree missions too would mention the tree age you're looking for it would result in way less trees cutting down overall and those that were cut down would probably be replaced by the games tree spreading in a timely fashion.