Sign in to follow this  
nicedreams

Fix Embarking Boat Bug Please!!!!!!!!!

I seriously can't trust Wurm while being in Chaos.  I have embarked on a sailboat 3 different times within 10-15 minutes and had to relog due to when embarking the boat, all controls and everything is locked up and can't do anything except relog.  And all at the time I'm thinking I might be chased soon.

This is a very serious bug for anyone in Chaos as if this happened during combat or near an NPC mob like a Drake Spirit then we are completely screwed upon logging back in as Wurm at times like to take minutes to load a new client.  Sometimes the client will load quickly, but other times it can take a full minute or so to get the launcher to let you log back in.

• Like 5

+1 but at the same time nicedreams... should always have a backup client open in the background even when not in combat ready to go :P. Will cut down on the "holy moly" off deed waiting for the client to load.

Edited by Launcelot
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Launcelot said:

+1 but at the same time nicedreams... should always have a backup client open in the background even when not in combat ready to go :P. Will cut down on the "holy moly" off deed waiting for the client to load.

I do this as well but there are still times when the back up crashes on loading in.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PayneBouncer said:

I do this as well but there are still times when the back up crashes on loading in.

I always have a backup client when I know I'm going into a planned battle, but didn't have the backup client running since out and about hunting.  Would have sucked in battle regardless since it happened 3 times in minutes which means I would have needed 2 backup clients or remembered to open another backup after the 2nd sailboat lockup.

That's too much to manage just to play a video game.

• Like 1

Not exaggerating, but while boating with the team tonight I got boat locked back to back to back 5 times.  Every single time I wanted to embark the boat I would lock and have to relog.  I was in a fight and it happened to.  That part is what really makes me mad.  Could have relogged and been dead.

the devs aren't purposely delaying fixing it for fun or anything, if they could figure out what causes it they would have fixed it a long time ago

as we've stated previously, this is an ongoing work to identify what is causing it.

Without knowing the cause, we're searching for a needle in a thousand haystacks, every report of it happening helps, and if we strike the goldmine of being able to reproduce it consistently then it's only a matter of time before its squashed.

We aren't ignoring it, nor putting it at a low priority, or anything of the sort, we have spent dozens of hours recreating scenarios to test and nothing has proven to be the cause yet.

prob hard for you to reproduce if you don't pvp, it usually happens when a larger amount of people in local

it also happens with noone else in local on pve servers, theres no "devs dont pvp" thing here

And if that bug happens to you please file a report about it and answer Alectrys' questions in post #4 here:

• Like 1

Does Wurm Unlimited by chance have this same issue?

Verified happens on all servers and not just Chaos.  Chaos is the worst of course, but I seem to have embark bug more often in past few weeks.  Just sucks when fighting and people take advantage when you're embark bugged out.  Can't blame them though.

You guys should let Keenan out of his cage more so he can think straight and find this bug. :P

God speed Keenan.