Sign in to follow this  
Psalamon

Dude ......i lost my ROLF!!!

can anybody enlighten me on the status of our nefarious leader God himself who dresses in newbie clothes and used to be seen bouncing around the servers and posting cool messages once in a while.. am I missing something or is he missing..  I miss Rolf...

ROLF come back to us.....

• Like 6

Rolf advanced to Ultra God and his level of intelligence makes impossible to communicate with human beings.

For example: try to talk to ants

• Like 1

that guy in fallout new vegas did it but I guess that's in the future when we evolve..I's thinking Rolf has left us for a new sandbox..

Around mid last year Rolf began scaling back how much time he spent on Wurm each day. With Budda taking over as project manager and leading development, it gave Rolf some room to take a step back and tinker with other projects:

Rolf is still around to advise on issues the dev team faces (or explain old code) but his day to day is spent on other  non wurm related works and Budda is the one who carries the torch

• Like 3

Would be interesting to get a glimpse into current project. I've been very curious about this since his announcement.

• Like 3

Retro sounds like a broken record.

Please make him post something so we can know Staff didn't kill our Rolf.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Cecci said:

Weekend at Rolfs

• Like 8

2 hours ago, McGarnicle said:

Would be interesting to get a glimpse into current project. I've been very curious about this since his announcement.

Probably working on his tan.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Weekend at Rolfs

see he admitted to something.. there is a cadaver in Rolf's office with a smile that never fades and signs cheques with a little help from friends and never ever goes home from work.. he's the ultimate boss...oh darn I knew i'd miss something during my hiatus/illness,,,      I'll say it again I miss him.,. his demeanor made up for any and all of the little mishits that come with running such a product on such a budget I hope he drops online from time to time.. it just isn't the same.. and I guess that's the point..

I am just glad my only meeting with him online was a positive one though I was under suspicion of creating a server wide teleporting/lag conundrum..which we decided I was innocent of, which let me create a fanboy moment of gratitude to the creator of such a fine virtual life with which we have come to know him and each other while journeying through..and he was so proud of what we did with his sandbox just like a happy surrogate father, I can say this because I felt it in his words, his tone..what a pleasure that was I gushed all week after it...do you guys have some good mems. of Rolf, please share them so us newbs can know better the man.. I have only been around a year and a half so I must have missed out on some great moments that you can retell... 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Cecci said:

You can't prove anything 

• Like 7

On 27/4/2017 at 8:38 AM, Psalamon said:

that guy in fallout new vegas did it but I guess that's in the future when we evolve..I's thinking Rolf has left us for a new sandbox..

So, you say that you know for a fact that Rolf is playing Minecraf AS WE SPEAK ?

Maybe Rolf is secretly making the next Wurm Online upgrade with Unreal Engine. :P

Rolfcraft, soon(tm).

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 2

Am alive and kicking! Thanks!

Learning new stuff for instance Unity because I suck at c++ although Unreal does seem to be better at certain things. Afraid you can't expect anything new in a good while though, so it's notsoon(tm) :)

Have a nice weekend!

• Like 30

4 hours ago, Rolf said:

Learning new stuff for instance Unity because I suck at c++ although Unreal does seem to be better at certain things. Afraid you can't expect anything new in a good while though, so it's notsoon(tm) :)

Have a nice weekend!

... Oh THERE you are Peter!!

• Like 2

aaaaaaahhhh....  >sigh of relief<  he hasn't forsaken us his most loyal of followers.. thanks for popping in Rolf..you have a nice weekend too...

PS I just wanted to add in as a sidenote, it is awesome to see when an author/creator/engineer/kindgergarten teacher care about the product they've birthed into the world and watch it grow.. that's one of things I like about Wurm that you can't get with the other MMO's you know those ""successful ones" that sell millions of copies.. you can't get this kind of commitment and care from one o those bundles not even after buying all the dlc;''s and upgrades.. etc..  Wurm is definitely way more than the sum of its parts and we are all a part of it..each in our own way... and now come to think of it.. I sure am missing my Lamborghini diablo that used to sit in my driveway b4, I guess it doesn't want to be driven anymore and now hates me.. if only I could see it again!!!   heheheh... 

Edited by Psalamon

From Rolf's comment I gather that he is just enjoying life on a more casual basis with not having to deal with all the responsibilities of running Wurm and dealing with players. A well deserved break after years of toiling away on this project that insisted on taking its own direction due to player interest. I doubt very much that he will put himself into the position of creating and running another online game of this depth. No reason why he should now do anything but follow the gentle breeze of contemplation.....

=Ayes=

After a few days of intensive searching they finally found Rolf's forum password under one of keyboards and now trying to deceive us, posting under his account. The truth is out there.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, zigozag said:

After a few days of intensive searching they finally found Rolf's forum password under one of keyboards and now trying to deceive us, posting under his account. The truth is out there.

Sound like the X-Files. lol

That was awesome.  Thanks for the update Rolf.  o/  Glad you still around checking on us Wurmians.

On Friday, April 28, 2017 at 8:49 AM, Rolf said:

Have a nice weekend!

Rotf speaketh! He lives!

Ah, so good to receive a word from the mountain, to know that all is good in Olympus. Best of luck with Unity. We won't hold our breath, but I probably won't be the first to say this: Rolf + Unity = Much Anticipation

One day.