Sign in to follow this  
Traveler777

Yellow Potion Uses Revisited...

Been here before, but lets look at another application of "The Yellow Potion".

How about an alchemy feature that it adds some bonus to other potions such as bloods, oils, and even enchant or enhance it with slow decay/ longevity/ no decay(a value the yellow potion can impart. So, how about the addition of a "Longevity Alchemy" in which the yellow concoction added to another mentioned item adds/gives its longevity or no decay value to the item it is used on or in. With the addition of the Alchemy feature of potions and oils it would be nice to put them up with no decay to worry about...and drive the value of the dreaded yellow potion up.  Could be added to materials as well using the function of the new slower decay runes too or a third "add" window option to the creation/crafting window. Re-purpose them to good use or at least increase the desire to want and trade them.

Edited by Traveler777

+1 anything to add to the value of yellow potions. In my opinion they are rather useless as is. If we're not going to change them, I'd at least like to receive something else for staying premium, not dozens of yellow potion bottles that I never use...

To me value of yellow potion is having some fun. I think it should be sold on traders for a few coppers however. Like 5c.

By the way, is sneaking up on enemies (in item pile or pheasant or flower pot shape) a thing?

• Like 1

How about something that functions as ammonia?

Read the description ;)

For fun, make them throwable like snow balls and affect the target,

and make an easy way of removing the effect, like drinking a sip of water to prevent griefing.

Edited by Snowtech
  • Like 4

Yellow potions could be required for making resource tiles. Some sort of alchemy recipe.

Since they supply is limited, it would not be overused and also would benefit people who could sell them.

I would rather see a new item made than to increase the value of yellow potions. I have over 400 and I am sure some of the vets have even more. Would be unfair if they were suddenly worth 20c or something.

• Like 2

You wouldn't see market inflation like that, even the gem market is in the toilet at the moment!

• Like 1

I use mine *creatively* for filling up Satchels. 100 fit inside so just a few will do, Satchels that is. They never spill inside there either. Very safe.

=Ayes=

I don't think they will change.  We did a big push for change a while back and got a pretty firm no from dev team.  They don't want it to be a thing of value or trade.  Just a small treat for being prem to have fun at gatherings and such.  As a result, I generally just give mine away every time I hit a stack of 100, to people that enjoy them.

At this point, I think I agree with devs and keeping the yellow pot as is makes sense.  Make a new item to do things mentioned above. 

I always wanted yellow snow, that applies the model change effect if it hits 

On 4/27/2017 at 3:01 AM, zigozag said:

By the way, is sneaking up on enemies (in item pile or pheasant or flower pot shape) a thing?

Sneaking away from enemies as a creature has been a thing.

Pheasant works the best.

1 hour ago, FranktheTank said:

Pheasant works the best.

Aflacduck as bl on mrh escaping like 10 mr because he was nolod and a pheasant still haunts me to this day

• Like 2