Sign in to follow this  
MaurizioAM

Mounted speed balance

So my original suggestion kinda stunk because it was only viewing the problem from one side. This was on purpose as I didn't know what would or could be a good middle ground. My original comment remains below but I think simyaci suggestion covers more important pros vs cons which helps the balance better, as well as least not being very negative impacting for pve.

So with the long lasting issue of balance between hell horses vs reg horses I thought I might suggest what might be an interesting approach to balance the issue a little bit. 

Rather than mess with speeds of the mounts a simple restriction could be all that's needed. 

My suggestion is restrict rare and supreme and fantastic horse gear from being used in hell horses. Hell horses are fast already with just a high end set of gear And as well their ability to continue to retain speed after being hit unlike horses. This restriction would still allow hell horses to be faster but by a bit less and the value of Rare horse gear would/could actually go up in value as it would help normal horses close that gap. 

Edited by MaurizioAM

get a full set of fantastic horse gear or keep dreaming about it

no need to low punch the kids with supreme sets<_<

• Like 1

all you have to do to even the balance is make hhs the same speed as normal horses

HH

pros:

>100% uptime on speed traits

>occasional breath attacks

cons:

>massive pain to tame

>massive pain to maintain tame

>requires 31 bc to ride

>occasional breath attacks

>required to be tamed to ride safely (unless priest perk) which means mobs will occasionally target it

normal horse

pros:

>ezpz to ride, only requires 21bc

>does not require to be tamed to ride (also means you can take a tamed pet with you)

>no breath attacks

cons:

>speed traits have poor uptime

>no breath attacks

pls I just want to see people ride on normal looking horses instead of seeing 20 players pile up on eacother with their fiery hellbeast orgy ###### that makes the whole scene look terrible

thx

• Like 3

Or instead of nerfing speed you could raise the base end. Some people dont enjoy spending hours going from a to b

• Like 1

-1. I enjoy that you actually get a reward in terms of speed when grinding your body control enough to be able to ride one of those.

• Like 1

only thing i will 100% agree with is removing oakshell from horses even if it has to be a pvp only thing so freedomers dont lose dragged horses to a wildcat

the damage reduction is insane compared to any other normal barding but the core issue of oakshell is the combo of that insane dr with 0 speed penalty

• Like 3

My suggestion Was with the intent to keep it simple in a way while still leaving a speed bonus for HH. I think a normal horse would need a fantastic set in order to match the speed of a HH with just highest end enchant and ql non rare. 

Oakshell is a whole other story, but truth is it can be cast on a normal horse also so that kinda balances itself out. 

What kills me about balancing suggestions are the comments of those who feel they are entitled to have something with 120% perks but 0% cons. There is way to much of a gap between those entitled and those who aren't.

"0% cons" is the trouble to grind ~60 animal taming? interesting..:huh:

big gap between normal and hell horse, huh:huh:, yes.. I think it's really overpowering how hellhorses can not swim:wacko:

if you want to move fast.. get a 5speed HH/with gear..

if you want budget version.. go for normal horse and random gear...

it's like complaining how a lava fiend is tougher than a rat... it's a ####### lava creature...(and fears water:lol:)

-1 I like my wagon fast in pve. You want to balance them for pvp, make it so that oakshell can be still cast on normal horse but not hell horse. Overpowered pvp deıty smeagaın has  oakshell as if the other pvp spells and passives weren't enough.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Finnn said:

"0% cons" is the trouble to grind ~60 animal taming? interesting..:huh:

big gap between normal and hell horse, huh:huh:, yes.. I think it's really overpowering how hellhorses can not swim:wacko:

if you want to move fast.. get a 5speed HH/with gear..

if you want budget version.. go for normal horse and random gear...

it's like complaining how a lava fiend is tougher than a rat... it's a ####### lava creature...(and fears water:lol:)

If you want to compare apples to apples I can do so but that won't solve the balance issues for pvp. My suggestion is not the first to do something about it, for pvp there are no other options. And you are more then welcome to try playing as a blacklighter and trying to take and keep a HH tamed with 60 taming. 

My suggestion may not be a great one but the point of making one was to get someone thinking outside the box of always feeling entitled and come up with alternate suggestions that have less of a negative affect and it looks like a great suggestion has been made. 

A simple solution commented by simyaci by rather limiting the use of Rare gear just simply limit the ability to cast oakshell on HH. Now this changes nothing for pve while for pvp side of things it makes them very interesting. Now it makes you have a choice which could be crucial. 

• Like 1

@MaurizioAMif you want this change for pvp.. I DO NOT MIND AT ALL / pvpers can vote on it

Your post started too broad.. like world change.. rather than pvp balance for w/e BL reasons(I didnt get that btw)

For pve tho... I'm sure plenty of people would chose to ride around at crazy speeds.. as in wurm that usually takes time with just about anything... and at least now moving from A to B is FUN on the back of a hellhorse, nerfing that removes something fun from the game.

for how easy it is to lose a set of horse gear in pvp, the risk v reward for rare sets seems fine to me.

How often do you see supreme gear sets used in pvp?

Does anyone even have a fantastic gear set? LOL

Next you will want all boats to be the same speed.

Edited by JakeRivers

On 4/26/2017 at 0:21 PM, SmeJack said:

Or instead of nerfing speed you could raise the base end. Some people dont enjoy spending hours going from a to b

Or look at it from a balance perspective and realize that drastically raising the rate of travel, such as with hellhorses currently, has severely hurt the small guys in pvp because people can get backup in 2 seconds.

2 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

How often do you see supreme gear sets used in pvp?

Does anyone even have a fantastic gear set? LOL

Next you will want all boats to be the same speed.

On epic i used a supreme horse set for over a year and a half, and so did two others in my kingdom. I also know i picked up a few. Sorry that you were too occupied hiding in a gatehouse to fight out in the open, if you were you might have seen some good horsegear sets.

In mongols? prior to the speed cap being introduced we actually had a dedicated horse to intercept people that went 64km/h.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Propheteer said:

Or look at it from a balance perspective and realize that drastically raising the rate of travel, such as with hellhorses currently, has severely hurt the small guys in pvp because people can get backup in 2 seconds.

On epic i used a supreme horse set for over a year and a half, and so did two others in my kingdom. I also know i picked up a few. Sorry that you were too occupied hiding in a gatehouse to fight out in the open, if you were you might have seen some good horsegear sets.

In mongols? prior to the speed cap being introduced we actually had a dedicated horse to intercept people that went 64km/h.

I said how often do you see it used not that no one ever uses them as I know a few mr would use the supremes from time to time.

Sadly I didn't see you dropping anything better than rare on chaos.

But I meant that there really is not that many supreme sets out there and I don't see it being an issue on chaos regardless.

1 hour ago, JakeRivers said:

I said how often do you see it used not that no one ever uses them as I know a few mr would use the supremes from time to time.

Sadly I didn't see you dropping anything better than rare on chaos.

But I meant that there really is not that many supreme sets out there and I don't see it being an issue on chaos regardless.

Then my question becomes, why are you here debating what is or isn't an issue on a PvP server you don't play on and haven't played on in months?