Sign in to follow this  

Its come up before off and on, so nothing I can take credit for.

Snip snip.

Basically it enables one to sell traited male horses without having to worry about the buyer using the horses to breed his or her own. EDIT: Not to mention makes them a little more docile around other horses, assuming such is even a factor.

Not to mention a vital ingredient in certain recipes, depending on animal breeds.

Edited by Klaa

1 hour ago, Klaa said:

Its come up before off and on, so nothing I can take credit for.

Snip snip.

Basically it enables one to sell traited male horses without having to worry about the buyer using the horses to breed his or her own. EDIT: Not to mention makes them a little more docile around other horses, assuming such is even a factor.

Not to mention a vital ingredient in certain recipes, depending on animal breeds.

AI /auto/breeding barely ever happens.. and this drops the value of the bought horses.

To get a new good horse you already need to have ~high AH skill and another 5speed horse, and it's still RNG

AH chars are already #####ed by needing casts to fix things that they were supposed to be skilled enough to deal with .. but oh well... demons possess horses and have to be expelled:o:rolleyes:(cast to fix the horse is valued at the current market value for the healthy horse:lol:, making that fix useless to anyone without spare priest or friend to bother)

And... yes @KlaaI am aware that you could buy 1 rare 5speed and breed 20-50-100 3-4-5speed fems with it and possibly get 1 or 20 rare 5speeds in a 1-2weeks; but... you still need the setup and not many people do that or know about it.

Lets keep the balls off the butchering grind.

Come on! I want some Rocky Mountain oysters!

Uhm... could we possibly find some kind of homeopathic solution?  I mean, I dunno, some kind of Belladonna tea or something?

-1 to sharp objects :wacko:... well, you know...

I bought 2 Fivers when I first started on Xan and have not bought another horse since. I have also sold a dozen or more so I totally see where that initial seller really hurt their own market by selling to me.

+1 but only if the entire taming, breeding and traits system is reworked. Would love to see the depth of the cooking update applied to animals.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Aeryck said:

I bought 2 Fivers when I first started on Xan and have not bought another horse since. I have also sold a dozen or more so I totally see where that initial seller really hurt their own market by selling to me.

+1 but only if the entire taming, breeding and traits system is reworked. Would love to see the depth of the cooking update applied to animals.

You're hurting the market.. and you want a self nerf? or to boost profits as you're now set?:lol:

:mellow:

17 minutes ago, Finnn said:

You're hurting the market.. and you want a self nerf? or to boost profits as you're now set?:lol:

:mellow:

I don't WANT to self nerf but I can see how it would be fair. It's like the discussion going on right now about truestrike; PvPers are saying, "Yeah we love it, yeah we use it, yeah its broken".

Edited by Aeryck
  • Like 1

Gods I couldn't post it yesterday but this needs -1ing so very hard.

The only way I would even consider +1ing this is if magic, too, faded over time...

Huge -1, this is amongst the worst suggestions Ive seen in a while.  And I already have ridiculous ammounts of horses for breeding, so it wouldnt affect me particularly.

16 hours ago, Aeryck said:

I don't WANT to self nerf but I can see how it would be fair. It's like the discussion going on right now about truestrike; PvPers are saying, "Yeah we love it, yeah we use it, yeah its broken".

I do not pvp and I could imagine.. a meat-shield tanking...and a random(buffed) noobie coming by with a 2h axe.. singleshotting anyone dumb enough to stick around, that must be hilarious ....

...every time:lol:

----edit

5 minutes ago, Rathgar said:

Huge -1, this is amongst the worst suggestions Ive seen in a while.  And I already have ridiculous ammounts of horses for breeding, so it wouldnt affect me particularly.

mhm.. I'd never buy such useless animal.. only use it has is to move a cart.. why would I pay somebody and get less for mah monehh:rolleyes::mellow:

Edited by Finnn

I don't understand why so many people hate this suggestion, maybe i'm reading it wrong... This post specifically has it as an option to make the male no longer able to breed and sell, right? It's nice having roles in games and having a market for each role, and Animal husbandry focused players really get hit hard by the fact their merchandise can multiply. If this concept was placed in the game, people could still sell breeding pairs.

+1 for more options

• Like 1