Sign in to follow this  
Hailiah

Fair Warning

Fair warning to the person who has my lost horse Venturerock hitched to their cart or wagon, he will be uncared for by the end of today and since its over 2 years old will prolly die.

Edited by Hailiah

r.i.p. venturerock, thx for the announcement:mellow:

If you brand your horse, and lose it, GM's can return it to your token.

Times up, [11:01:03] You let venerable fat Venturerock go in order to care for other creatures. You may care for 1 more creatures.

Holy crap sorry.

I found that horse in a forest ages ago and has been my main steed for the longest time. I wish I would have seen this post sooner and I would have given it back. I can compensate you for him if you'd like. I didn't realise it was yours I just assumed the owner quit ages ago. Again very sorry was a great horse.

• Like 5

On ‎2017‎-‎04‎-‎25 at 4:19 PM, Wargasm said:

If you brand your horse, and lose it, GM's can return it to your token.

don't spread false info my branded hoirses were taken from my deed with my cart due to a loophole in the alliance permsion system though I had strict deny all on this person and he kept my horses with ful gear and is now waiting for tyhem to drop dead and take their expensive gear..so please don't spread false hope its a waste .. doesn't make a iidff if tyou brand them I have 50ish screenshots of my cart and my horses in Dougwitherspoon's yard and the GM's let him keep my said property.. so please refrain from speculation.. those days of Wurm whre theft is punished are long gone./.

• Like 1

I have also experienced that I couldn't get back a stolen horse, all I was told was that it was alive.

Later we tracked it to the deed of the person we thought had stolen it.

In WU Mythmoor I also lost my best horse that had good gear etc, an allied had gone into my house and stolen him.

That time he was branded and cared for so I could cut the thief from ability to use the horse and sailed over and confronted the guy.

Ofc he and his pals were kicked from alliance immediatelly.

But gosh I was furious that time!

Old experiences do not necessarily apply after the changes to branding and permissions. If the horse is branded, and you set permissions restricted to whom you choose, then no one else should be able to ride, hitch or attack. With the caveat that leading is tied to the deed permission to lead, and not to the horse riding permission, so those you set to be able to lead on deed will be able to lead it, even if they can't ride it. You can also see in manage animals window if the horse is alive or not, there is no need anymore for someone else to tell you.

• Like 1

well I specifically had denyall for his name but I think the alliance perms overrode the personal ones.. that's what I was told noethe less my horses sit waiting to die in his yard to harvest their expensive to me gear..

• Like 1

Wow has this loophole been fixed?  Seriously, if you deny all on someone's name they should have NO access. I think from now on I will just have no more blanket permissions and just by name only, so no blanket permission can override name specific ones, which makes blanket permissions useless.  Imagine you tick "everyone can board" your cart or ship, and for some reason it gets extended to command or access or something?  What are the boundaries for returning and reimbursing lost property when the loss is directly related to a glitch or loophole?

• Like 1

No, GMs will not return a branded lost horse back to your deed token. The fact that its cared for or branded is irrelevant. You are responsible to care for your own animals and them wandering off if not saddled or coralled is an intended game mechanic. They -may- help you out some if the horse climbs up an impossibly tall mountain, or if it gets stuck on a mine hop, or if it swims far into the ocean where you cant retrieve it, or if it is in a deed where you dont have permissions to lead, but these are treated on a case by case basis ofc. As a rule of thumb I would wager a GM wont help you when its an intended game mechanic. 

16 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

No, GMs will not return a branded lost horse back to your deed token. The fact that its cared for or branded is irrelevant. You are responsible to care for your own animals and them wandering off if not saddled or coralled is an intended game mechanic. They -may- help you out some if the horse climbs up an impossibly tall mountain, or if it gets stuck on a mine hop, or if it swims far into the ocean where you cant retrieve it, or if it is in a deed where you dont have permissions to lead, but these are treated on a case by case basis ofc. As a rule of thumb I would wager a GM wont help you when its an intended game mechanic. 

What if it a bug like alliance permissions overriding individual "DENY ALL" permissions?  That, surely, is not an intended game mechanic?

• Like 1

If your alliance recruiting policy is loose enough that handing out general alliance permissions isn't a good idea...then you probably shouldn't be handing out general alliance permissions.  Given that pretty much everyone else in the game is, at root, a stranger that you only know online, it's generally better to give out specific permissions to specific people, rather than using blanket ones.

Regardless, if you think it's a bug, post it in the server bugs forum.

• Like 2

On 5/12/2017 at 0:43 PM, Fairyshine said:

What if it a bug like alliance permissions overriding individual "DENY ALL" permissions?  That, surely, is not an intended game mechanic?

A Dev would have to make that call and we would respond appropriately based on the verifiable facts of the case and the dev's answer.

• Like 3

So.. with summer coming our way.. I lost a doubledoor from my house, alliance permissions let somebody do a spring cleaning on it's own.. nobody have had their hands slapped or been pointed by staff. That's how raiding other's property on pve is being punished, slide that under the rug and forget about it. Live with the loss.

(to be honest.. I don't know what I've lost.. either the contents of several crates filled with bricks/ore shards or maybe more.. hard to tell, bunch of low/higher ql tools were still left there intact)

4 minutes ago, Etherdrifter said:

If your tracking is good you may get some names?

no.. I think at 100 tracking you could only check things up to 12 or 24hours.... I think with WU and gm info.. somewhere I read gms have 2x that....

(could be wrong, it's a rough memory about this)

Last time I logged with a door standing.. was 4 days before I logged again and noticed a "nice" open hole in the wall.. where once I had a door....

I did see a day later a random name 'Robz' that s/he have walked around my house, at the corner of the island and deed... but tracking is also ******** gives too broad results of the surroundings...(you can get a text for horse or a sheep.. inside your 5x5 10x10 house.. when that animal have never been inside the house.

I heard about other possible troublemakers and have 2 other suspects but in reality.. options are way more than I could imagine.. plus.. it's pointless to just speculate.

If your walls decayed I assume you did not have a deed in place? Buildings on deed dont decay unless its less than 30 days prem time.

If it was on deed and you gave alliance permissions to pick up, load/unload, etc, then it is possible someone thought it was an abandoned deed and looted it not realizing it was a deed with alliance permissions. I know its possible because it happened to me. I nearly looted the hell out of Wikid's farm deed thinking it was abandoned.put everything back where it was when I realized it was an alliance deed. Later on I found out she gave alliance permissions for anyone who wanted the stuff lol.

Now, if you dont have a deed, and your house decayed, then you only have yourself to blame. The upkeep of a deed is the price we all pay for security. By not deeding you risk everything you own, as intended.

Edited by Angelklaine

Walls did not decay, all are at 0 dmg, relatively same ql, somebody on purpose bashed the backdoor facing the water, 3-4 tiles from reaching their boat.. if that helped them to move something.

House is on a deeded land, not mine, but I have permission to be there, etc.

lol poor wiki ^^'

It's not like that tho.. somebody abused their permission to bash into my house and maybe took something, I just have such a chaos of my own there.. that it's hard to account what have been taken.., I only found several crates 10-15~ emptied. bunch of relatively mid-high ql tools etc were still standing there at their place, etc etc.. just nobody was found or chased for that intrusion.

On 5/17/2017 at 11:23 AM, Finnn said:

Walls did not decay, all are at 0 dmg, relatively same ql, somebody on purpose bashed the backdoor facing the water, 3-4 tiles from reaching their boat.. if that helped them to move something.

House is on a deeded land, not mine, but I have permission to be there, etc.

lol poor wiki ^^'

It's not like that tho.. somebody abused their permission to bash into my house and maybe took something, I just have such a chaos of my own there.. that it's hard to account what have been taken.., I only found several crates 10-15~ emptied. bunch of relatively mid-high ql tools etc were still standing there at their place, etc etc.. just nobody was found or chased for that intrusion.

Ah, thats a shame. That is the reason why I dont give structure permissions (bashing walls, making buildings, etc) on deed to alliance. Not so much because of my friends but because of villagers they might have or add. Never know.

Speaking of that, everytime I see people screwing their neighbors on freedom, it makes me think what kind of people are in Freedom isles? Freedomers complain about Chaos players being nothing more than thieves and crooks, yet I live on Chaos and from day one I havent had an issue. If I drop my complete armor set on the ground, it will be there a week later. I have access to Eva's magical chest and enchanted tools within. No one has stolen a thing.

Could you say the same for freedom?

• Like 1

I've had access to things.. when they are not mine.. I don't give a ....

Judging by several posts with "lucky finds".. there's a rainbow.. of possibilities in some eyes and minds..

Maybe dont be in an alliance with people you dpnt trust

On 5/27/2017 at 0:29 PM, elvenwing said:

Maybe dont be in an alliance with people you dpnt trust

Sometimes you cant help it. People add villagers to their villages all the time. You'd end up forever alone if you left alliance everytime someone new joined.

On 2017-05-18 at 11:51 PM, Angelklaine said:

If I drop my complete armor set on the ground, it will be there a week later. I have access to Eva's magical chest and enchanted tools within. No one has stolen a thing.

That's Panda :D