Sign in to follow this  
Greyfox

Simplify cooking.

3 hours ago, Nordlys said:

Cooking UI with space for all ingredients, highlight all ingredients, drag/drop everything the recipe needs into UI all at once and UI finds out where to put them if you have done it the hard way once before.

Could that work? It would make panfilling a treat tho.

I guess this is something along the lines of what you mean, probably better ways of laying out etc.

ymOl2hS.png

Edited by cccdfern
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, cccdfern said:

I guess this is something along the lines of what you mean, probably better ways of laying out etc.

ymOl2hS.png

Something like that, but not quite what i imagined in my head. I would be suprised if you draw exactly what was in my head tho. :P

Larders are making meals last longer now. much longer. snowballs too.
I dislike cooking in this game i mean it's fine but, so much hassle for something that lasts a day or two.
99.9% of what i've made in 3 years is meat and veg. my FC is 24.

But.. now that we have larders, now that food is something that you can actually store.. 
I think i may get around to preparing a ton of bangersnmash next winter.
Then there's refresh, and opulence and the sac'ing of rares.

• Like 2

I used to cook between 50-100 [pumpkin+meat filet] meals once a week and dump all in a barrel with water(no salt voodoo), sorting the mals by ql.. and just using the top ql.. heated in a forge when needed(heated meals give additional "10ql" to the meal and affect nutrition which was the most important part at the time).. dragging from barrel to forge and back... as touching them(taking in inventory even for a second) in Wurm was a BLASPHEMY for the decay ticks.

All I needed was a 1 single pan.. or 10.. but anything over 1.. was meh... putting 44x filet/pumpkins + 1 pan.. gets the oven/forge almost at 100x items limit, right? Next step moving pumpkins on top, pan in the middle, filets under pan.. and than just dragging one of each in the pan.. all cooks in a second. Life was easy!

Now.. you can mash, slash, slice, press, squeeze, chop, bake and so on other to deal with and store cooked food for weeks? 

Which is all alright.. it just killed the dinosaurs that do not enjoy the work to become the next cheff master.

• Like 1

So, dinosaurs only like change if it means less options. :)

Things that never change or get more flexible usually perish first.  Cough.

So this thread got me thinking about making cooking less harmful to one's wrists, and i came up with a pretty simple solution (and implemented it in WU)

Doesn't needs new GUIs and is very easy to implement (less than 200 LOC as a mod).

cookingfill.jpg

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, bdew said:

So this thread got me thinking about making cooking less harmful to one's wrists, and i came up with a pretty simple solution (and implemented it in WU)

Doesn't needs new GUIs and is very easy to implement (less than 200 LOC as a mod).

cookingfill.jpg

R.I.P. 'pan-filling'

I like it..

If only.. it was this easy to make food that the player have cooked at least once...

Nice WU solution.