Sign in to follow this  
ozmods

getting huge errors with WU dedicated server beta

whenever I try to load even a clean version it starts loading and then stops, with a list of errors, my java is up to date, i'm not sure what I can offer you here, as it's not giving an error log. but here is what I copied from the server window (i'm trying this without any mods of any kind, it's a clean install)

Spoiler

Apr 24, 2017 9:22:16 AM com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiMain main
INFO: WurmServerGuiMain starting
Apr 24, 2017 9:22:16 AM com.wurmonline.server.Constants load
INFO: Loading configuration file at C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimi
ted Dedicated Server\.\Adventure\wurm.ini
Meshsize=11
Apr 24, 2017 9:22:16 AM com.wurmonline.server.Constants load
INFO: Loading configuration file at C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimi
ted Dedicated Server\.\Adventure\wurm.ini
Meshsize=11
Apr 24, 2017 9:22:16 AM com.wurmonline.server.DbConnector closeAll
INFO: Starting to close all Database Connections.
Apr 24, 2017 9:22:16 AM com.wurmonline.server.DbConnector closeAll
INFO: Finished closing all Database Connections.
Apr 24, 2017 9:22:16 AM org.flywaydb.core.internal.util.VersionPrinter printVers
ion
INFO: Flyway 4.0.3 by Boxfuse
Apr 24, 2017 9:22:17 AM org.flywaydb.core.internal.dbsupport.DbSupportFactory cr
eateDbSupport
INFO: Database: jdbc:sqlite:Adventure/sqlite/wurmcreatures.db (SQLite 3.0)
Apr 24, 2017 9:22:17 AM org.flywaydb.core.internal.dbsupport.sqlite.SQLiteDbSupp
ort doChangeCurrentSchemaTo
INFO: SQLite does not support setting the schema. Default schema NOT changed to
main
Apr 24, 2017 9:22:17 AM org.flywaydb.core.internal.dbsupport.DbSupportFactory cr
eateDbSupport
INFO: Database: jdbc:sqlite:Adventure/sqlite/wurmdeities.db (SQLite 3.0)
Apr 24, 2017 9:22:17 AM org.flywaydb.core.internal.dbsupport.sqlite.SQLiteDbSupp
main
eateDbSupport
INFO: Database: jdbc:sqlite:Adventure/sqlite/wurmeconomy.db (SQLite 3.0)
main
eateDbSupport
INFO: Database: jdbc:sqlite:Adventure/sqlite/wurmitems.db (SQLite 3.0)
main
eateDbSupport
INFO: Database: jdbc:sqlite:Adventure/sqlite/wurmlogin.db (SQLite 3.0)
main
eateDbSupport
INFO: Database: jdbc:sqlite:Adventure/sqlite/wurmlogs.db (SQLite 3.0)
main
eateDbSupport
INFO: Database: jdbc:sqlite:Adventure/sqlite/wurmplayers.db (SQLite 3.0)
main
eateDbSupport
INFO: Database: jdbc:sqlite:Adventure/sqlite/wurmtemplates.db (SQLite 3.0)
main
eateDbSupport
INFO: Database: jdbc:sqlite:Adventure/sqlite/wurmzones.db (SQLite 3.0)
main
Loading servers
Apr 24, 2017 9:22:17 AM com.wurmonline.server.Servers loadAllServers
INFO: Loading all servers.
INFO: Loading Heavenord - 11455
INFO: Using database entry for time 5818400
Apr 24, 2017 9:22:17 AM com.wurmonline.server.zones.TilePoller calcRest
INFO: Current polltile=3906008, rest=205660 pollmodifier=56515, pollround=2
Apr 24, 2017 9:22:17 AM com.wurmonline.server.zones.TilePoller calcRest
INFO: tiles=4194304, mask=-1 ticksperday=3456000, Nthick=1, rest=205660, manyper
tick=true
INFO: Loaded 1 servers from the database
Apr 24, 2017 9:22:17 AM com.wurmonline.server.ServerProperties checkIfCreateTabl
e
INFO: Created properties table in the database
Apr 24, 2017 9:22:17 AM com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiMain start
SEVERE:
file:/C:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Wurm%20Unlimited%20Dedicated%20Server/ser
ver.jar!/com/wurmonline/server/gui/WurmServerGui.fxml

javafx.fxml.LoadException:
file:/C:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Wurm%20Unlimited%20Dedicated%20Server/ser
ver.jar!/com/wurmonline/server/gui/WurmServerGui.fxml

at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader.constructLoadException(FXMLLoader.java:2601)
        at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader.loadImpl(FXMLLoader.java:2571)
        at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader.loadImpl(FXMLLoader.java:2441)
        at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader.load(FXMLLoader.java:2409)
        at com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiMain.start(WurmServerGuiMain.j
ava:117)
        at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication1$162
(LauncherImpl.java:863)
        at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runAndWait$175(Platfor

mImpl.java:326)
        at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$null$173(PlatformImpl.
java:295)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$174(PlatformI
mpl.java:294)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(InvokeLaterDispatch
er.java:95)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$null$148(WinApplication.ja
va:191)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.
java:62)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
sorImpl.java:43)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
        at sun.reflect.misc.Trampoline.invoke(MethodUtil.java:71)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
sorImpl.java:43)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
        at sun.reflect.misc.MethodUtil.invoke(MethodUtil.java:275)
        at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader.loadImpl(FXMLLoader.java:2566)
        ... 12 more
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: ControlsFX Error: ControlsFX 8.20.8 requi
res at least Java 8u20
        at impl.org.controlsfx.version.VersionChecker.doVersionCheck(VersionChec
ker.java:86)
        at org.controlsfx.control.ControlsFXControl.<init>(ControlsFXControl.jav
a:35)
        at org.controlsfx.control.PropertySheet.<init>(PropertySheet.java:220)
        at com.wurmonline.server.gui.propertysheet.ServerPropertySheet.initializ
eLocalServer(ServerPropertySheet.java:897)
        at com.wurmonline.server.gui.propertysheet.ServerPropertySheet.<init>(Se
rverPropertySheet.java:682)
        at com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiController.buildSelectServerBo
x(WurmServerGuiController.java:1448)
        at com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiController.initialize(WurmServ
erGuiController.java:1151)
        ... 22 more

Edited by ozmods

I was getting the same error. I solved it by replacing the new runtime, jre1.8.0_121, with the old one, jre1.8.0_60

It would appear that it thinks the java runtime is older than 8u20  :)

1 hour ago, ozmods said:

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: ControlsFX Error: ControlsFX 8.20.8 requi
res at least Java 8u20

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Erlend said:

I was getting the same error. I solved it by replacing the new runtime, jre1.8.0_121, with the old one, jre1.8.0_60

It would appear that it thinks the java runtime is older than 8u20  :)

where do I find this run time file?

thanks

It comes with a runtime when you download the files, and seems to use it over the system java. Just made a post of the same thing about fresh installs being ######. Same GUI errors when launching but does happen on older versions or if you update an old version to 1.3

i'm using the latest version of Java, it seems the devs may have fubared somewhere.

Read through my post and see if it lines up with what you have

I am receiving the same error as well.  Researching the error indicates that the issue is being caused by a bug in the version check ControlsFX component used by the dedicated server.  Basically, it is unable to properly confirm the version of Java because it is using a string compare on the version rather than a numeric compare, so version 121 is considered to be less than 40.  Here is the bug report: https://bitbucket.org/controlsfx/controlsfx/issues/693/controlsfx-84010-is-no-longer-running-with.  The new release of Wurm Unlimited updated the included version of Java to version 1.8.0_121, which triggers the bug.  The bug report indicates that this issue has been fixed in the latest version of ControlsFX, so hopefully the developers will update the dedicated server component soon to use a newer version of the ControlsFX library.  Until then, using an older version of Java, with a release between 40 and 99, appears to work fine.  I was able to switch the Java version and get the dedicated server running by updating the LaunchConfig.ini file in the unlimited program folder and setting OverrideDefaultJavaPath=true and JavaPath to the server folder of an older Java version.

Update:  Here is the post that indicates this issue was (finally) fixed in ControlsFX on 4/11/2016: https://bitbucket.org/controlsfx/controlsfx/commits/9ff22f7d223863ec568701575a406e27f06a4b66 .

Edited by AlbertB

I rolled back java to .60 but hasn't made any difference just going to have to wait until they fix it,

i have also some of the same errors with the newest java version

devs are aware of the errors, and I assume they will get if fixed asap

• Like 1

They are using a bugged version of ControlsFX currently should be easy to fix, but there are also a ton of mods broken including the modloader iteself.

Thank you for all the work done so far in sorting out the root cause.

I'm aiming for an update to beta tonight (US Eastern) to resolve this.

Actually, I'll just update the library now. New updates will be ready soon. Updating to controlsfx.8.40.12

Alright, there were enough changes to the library that I'll have to make changes to the binary which I cannot do until later.

Thanks Keenan!

@ozmods You should probably bring your system back up to the current Java. The server doesn't care what version you have installed at the OS level it uses its own binaries, they have no relationship.

Edited by LifesaverM

18 hours ago, LifesaverM said:

Thanks Keenan!

@ozmods You should probably bring your system back up to the current Java. The server doesn't care what version you have installed at the OS level it uses its own binaries, they have no relationship.

yep I reinstalled last night cobber, before I went to bed.,, and this morning I wake up after having a cup of coffee, and see that @bdewhas come to the rescue lol, so i'm a happy camper today.

When you say "Cannot do till later" do you mean the original schedule of sometime tonight?

18 hours ago, MystLeissa said:

When you say "Cannot do till later" do you mean the original schedule of sometime tonight?

for now there is a fix in the WU general discussion forums that will get you through until it's fixed

Fix is pushed!

PLEASE use the latest JRE bundled with the server as well as the controlsfx now bundled with it. :) The reason for the JRE push was for security fixes. My intent was to update libraries at a later time as that is usually more volatile than a JRE upgrade. I've also done a little reconfiguration of my own to ensure I'm using the bundled JRE with my tests. That was on me, and I do apologize.

The builds are:

Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server: 1778575

Wurm Unlimited: 1778584

You can see the build value by right-clicking the game in your library, clicking Properties then Local Files. The build number is in the lower portion of the window. If it has not automatically updated, you can force an update by clicking on Verify Integrity of [Game/Tool] Files... - when it's done, closing the window and opening it again should show the newest build version.

There was not a beta version bump for this.

yep all good here, seeing those numbers on my screen here.

thanks for the fix.