Sorry but i made a new account on epic and this skillgain isnt even a fraction of what it was, how is this balanced for pvp? its either buy an account or spend a couple months grinding body control, im not saying revert it so you can shoot the same thing over and over just make the skillgain equivalent so grinding from 1-90 archery doesnt give like 2 body control as apposed to the old 20

• Like 7

Shield bashing gains also suck past 50.

• Like 1

true it might need a slight buff, compare to what it was back in the days.

• Like 1

+1 Archery bodycontrol amounts were ridiculous though they were nerfed completely, maybe make it a fraction of what it was so it is worthwhile lol

also the changes to fletching were unneccesary and make it way harder for new players to get body control up for both of these changes.. Why not ask the playerbase what they think in order to get better updates for everyone rather than just ninja updating? 

Edited by blart
edited for retrograde to understand
  • Like 2

Might I take the time to point out that comments like those are not the way to have a mature discussion about mechanics or suggest changes

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Might I take the time to point out that comments like those are not the way to have a mature discussion about mechanics or suggest changes

It does not you are right, he however has a point that it was just patched without discussion so lets have this discussion now :)

Edited by Ragzad

Anyone apposed to old skillgain with a limit to the amount of times you can shoot the same mob?

We already have the time limit from gains on mobs, the only thing that would need tweaking is the gains themselves.

when was the nerf for body control on archery?

34 minutes ago, Rocky said:

when was the nerf for body control on archery?

A while ago, when i did it last i sat on deed for a day with a bow shooting a troll and could ride a hell horse

so in other words........ I have now for my archery skills less body control, then older accounts? That means for the same work I got less out?!?

Edited by Rocky

Just now, Rocky said:

so in other words........ I have now for my archery skills less body control, then older accounts? That means for the same work I get less out?!?

exactly so and that's why im suggesting a change so us people which started late can catch up 

Not at all, that is wholly incorrect!

Okay, so this happened back in 2014:

140911 Priest updates and Decorative items!

• Tweaked body control skillgain for archery down

but then, after actual discussion:

140915 BC gain increase

• BC and archery gain downward tweaks were substantially reverted and BC gain was increased overall

So, long story short, body control from archery was reduced directly, then majorly scaled down, and body control gains from all actions increased.

2 minutes ago, Ragzad said:

exactly so and that's why im suggesting a change so us people which started late can catch up 

Ah I understand, so older accounts get more out from there work, and new player will be too. Only the middle age accounts will be f ucked.

5 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Not at all, that is wholly incorrect!

Okay, so this happened back in 2014:

140911 Priest updates and Decorative items!

• Tweaked body control skillgain for archery down

but then, after actual discussion:

140915 BC gain increase

• BC and archery gain downward tweaks were substantially reverted and BC gain was increased overall

So, long story short, body control from archery was reduced directly, then majorly scaled down, and body control gains from all actions increased.

yeah but you will still get comparably a lot less than before so what is the point in stating this when we already know it?

It needs to be made so the veteran accounts wont be stuck miles ahead of newer players  because of terrible skill gains.

Edited by blart

What i am trying to say is older accounts got 50-60 body control with little to no effort where as the only efficient ways we have to increase body control is to fletch for day after day, theres nothing equivalent to what the skillgain was like back then, 5 second per arrow, 0.01 BC per arrow

30 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Ah I understand, so older accounts get more out from there work, and new player will be too. Only the middle age accounts will be f ucked.

we're talking 4 days here

22 minutes ago, Ragzad said:

What i am trying to say is older accounts got 50-60 body control with little to no effort where as the only efficient ways we have to increase body control is to fletch for day after day, theres nothing equivalent to what the skillgain was like back then, 5 second per arrow, 0.01 BC per arrow

Older accounts got more body control directly fronm archery, and less from everything else.

Nowadays, in the past 2.5 years, accounts get more body control from all skills and just less from body control directly, Kind of how other skills raise body control decently now as opposed to only archery being the way

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

we're talking 4 days here

Older accounts got more body control directly fronm archery, and less from everything else.

Nowadays, in the past 2.5 years, accounts get more body control from all skills and just less from body control directly, Kind of how other skills raise body control decently now as opposed to only archery being the way

Its great that other skills level up body control.. but in no way is it a viable or good amount. 

Iam a bit confused now! let say it so:

Two new accounts starting Wurm Online. One before 2014 and one after:

Account 1 start 2013:

He brings Archery to 90 and get super duper body control. Then 2014 the nerf happened and he get good body control from all other skills. so at last two body control boosts.

Account 2 start atfer 2014:

He brings also Archery to 90 and get way less body control from it, .............but body control from other skills.

Is it like so ????????? about how much body control we talk here, when someone bring it up to 90 archery before 2014??????

so lets say there is a body controll buff for archery in 2017.

Account 3 start after 2017:

He brings archery to 90 and get good body control, plus good body control from other skills.

Looks like for me that the account nr.2 who start 2014 still the loser.............................. glad that I start playing 2014 :(

55 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Iam a bit confused now! let say it so:

Two new accounts starting Wurm Online. One before 2014 and one after:

Account 1 start 2013:

He brings Archery to 90 and get super duper body control. Then 2014 the nerf happened and he get good body control from all other skills. so at last two body control boosts.

Account 2 start atfer 2014:

He brings also Archery to 90 and get way less body control from it, .............but body control from other skills.

Is it like so ????????? about how much body control we talk here, when someone bring it up to 90 archery before 2014??????

so lets say there is a body controll buff for archery in 2017.

Account 3 start after 2017:

He brings archery to 90 and get good body control, plus good body control from other skills.

Looks like for me that the account nr.2 who start 2014 still the loser.............................. glad that I start playing 2014 :(

which is exactly why it should not have been implemented, maybe have it so you can still gain body control even if you have high archery if your current body control is low

• Like 2

Hmmm, i thought for a while if i should comment this inside this topic. Anyway....

I have the feeling that this archery / bc nerf is just another part in a long row.... its nearly impossible to gain up in skills & power as new player. That might be totally ok for freedom. But on epic / pvp it means you are out of game. I understand that wurm is a long time game. But lets see it realistic:

- You get good amounts of Moonmetal only in pvp... so strong player gets much stronger

- You get affinities for killing othters... so strong player get even stronger

- Skill gain are slower in some areas now then it was years ago, so its even more impossible to close up.

That wouldnt be that dramatic if there is a big playerbase, so there would be fights of 30 vs 30 or something like that. But in fights of 5 vs 5 you just feel the strength of one player. So atm its a mess to get new guys in game & stay b/c its not possible to close the gap to the top guys....

If there isnt a possibility pvp will die....

Plz find a way to balance it and make it possible for new players to get in game... archery is just one part of it.

• Like 2

pvp is already dying , and yes it is very hard for new players and almost impossible for them to catch up whether on Epic or Chaos. With the meta super-duper accounts on Chaos and Epic I'm surprised we get any new players at all...........

Body control is gained in higher amounts from all skills as opposed to archery being the only way, if you compared 90 archery to 2013 to 90 archery 2017 only, and no other skills you'd see a difference, but not a huge one. But if you had regular skills accounts from both timeframes the 2017 one would likely have higher body control and stats in general as they are higher from other skills. 

We aren't talking drastic numbers here, body control gains were boosted across the entire board, it was just archery that gave excessive amounts, yet is still the dominant way to gain body control. 

We're talking a two and a half year old tweak here that 4 days later was brought back up to comparable levels, with a general boost to body control gain entirely. Windows of opportunity exist, and I understand they have significant impact when they come in, but this isn't one of them.

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Body control is gained in higher amounts from all skills as opposed to archery being the only way, if you compared 90 archery to 2013 to 90 archery 2017 only, and no other skills you'd see a difference, but not a huge one. But if you had regular skills accounts from both timeframes the 2017 one would likely have higher body control and stats in general as they are higher from other skills. 

We aren't talking drastic numbers here, body control gains were boosted across the entire board, it was just archery that gave excessive amounts, yet is still the dominant way to gain body control. 

We're talking a two and a half year old tweak here that 4 days later was brought back up to comparable levels, with a general boost to body control gain entirely. Windows of opportunity exist, and I understand they have significant impact when they come in, but this isn't one of them.

If you EVER skilled with archery back then you would understand how broken it was, however nobody complained about it since it was accesible to everyone which just meant we didnt have to spend our days crafting away to get body control, theres no easy gathering skills for body control like mining, digging, woodcutting which give good body strength, back then it was grind archery and woodcutting and you were good to go, now you have no decent way to get it. I'm not saying bring it back but open another window of oppurtunity for us people with accounts that will never be able to match the stats before the nerf

If the argument is "yes it was broken but please make it broken for a little bit again" then I can assure you that wont happen.

There are plenty of decent ways to get body control, it was increased in every single instance you gained it apart from archery.

Also, keep in mind that newer accounts now have better means of grinding body stamina and any account that grinded as a priest in the past has slightly lower stats too due to the previous reduction for priests.