Sign in to follow this  
ozmods

remove rarities from tree and logs

do we really need rarities on theses materials, with this function i'm not able to drop trees or logs stone and stone bricks and such, into Bins, due to the rarity issue, so please remove that, I can understand on tools and such, but building materials?

when i first saw the title i thought u mean tree stumps. guess i was wrong...

rare materials can be used to improve items and their rarity can transfer or they can be attached to items to transfer their rarity aswell, depending on the actual item. while there are some items that currently are useless, such as rare+ slate and sandstone shards, pretty much every other rare material has some kind of use.

edit: i remembered i saw this thing into the WU mod category a few days back, i think you were a WU player, so u might wanna check it out:

Edited by Arium

If you consume the material you have a chance of transferring the rarity, and there's plenty of tools you could try and rare with it, or you can just sac them for 99% food/nutrition. Some people also buy rare building materials for 10+ copper each, but you'll need a rune on your mailbox to mail logs.

uh you know you can use a log and have a chance, very small chance to rare something imping with it, also you can use logs to have a chance at a rare lamp

duh

There's 1/100 chance to turn normal to rare with your 'annoying' glowing felled tree(last log)/log.

You do not get that many rare trees.. and if you do.. it's just 1ql 99-200 log.. who cares if you can get that anyway...

4 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

uh you know you can use a log and have a chance, very small chance to rare something imping with it, also you can use logs to have a chance at a rare lamp

I don't think you can make a rare lamp wit ha log.. it's 1+1 part:(, maybe 1/100 chance, but still doubt that.. it's left to normal rng inspiration chance(server timings);

Also.. @ozmodshow could you say you've played wurm if you've never had a disco-party crafting session.. with a rare felled tree on your screen.. 

And you want that removed from the game? Don't..

1f3e4856178aa2a155b960cd66169cf7.gif

Only thing to sorry about these is when.. rng chops it at 1.0 ql.. or w/e low 'useless' ql.. or.... last rare log chopped from it is ... under 24kg(cant use on half/most crafting recipes, or sacrificed for meal:unsure: / devs.. c'mon..<_<)

Rare tree can be made into a rare keel section or rare mast.... which can be the material to make a rare ship.... just imagine.... you dont want to remove that, right? ;)

yeah fair enough, it's just a pain in the arse for storage, that's my complaint not the fact they can be crafted into something else.

Rather have it stop on farming and prayers.

Unless it helps the farming or something.

It is one item every how many hundred? Just sell it of or toss it into the garbage bin... Also you can use rare logs in construction of an epic portal :P

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Klaa said:

Rather have it stop on farming and prayers.

Unless it helps the farming or something.

I think a rare farming action will yield an extra crop at harvest... don't quote me on that though, not 100% certain.

Looking at Finnn's picture up there, might actually be kinda cool to keep rare trunks around (with the option of not doing so of course)

after reading the posts here, and thinking about it, maybe you guys are right, about it, I mean I can remove the rarity as a GM, I tried cutting one up with a hatchet, but it still leaves one log that rare, I've not considered the ramifications of removing it all together, so yeah i'll -1 this as well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Reylaark said:

I think a rare farming action will yield an extra crop at harvest... don't quote me on that though, not 100% certain.

Looking at Finnn's picture up there, might actually be kinda cool to keep rare trunks around (with the option of not doing so of course)

I've heard that as well; however, I've also heard it doesn't... so aye completely unsure as well.

On 4/22/2017 at 2:16 PM, Sirene said:

Rare tree can be made into a rare keel section or rare mast.... which can be the material to make a rare ship.... just imagine.... you dont want to remove that, right? ;)

No they can't.. unless you mean the 1/100 chance when improving a keel.. mast is too tricky to get last part to work, unless it's a legacy abused code where last created item(mast) from a rare material (fallen tree) is always rare, like 24kg log = 5 normal and 1 rare planks(old, and changed mechanic). 

16 hours ago, Shrimpiie said:

It is one item every how many hundred? Just sell it of or toss it into the garbage bin... Also you can use rare logs in construction of an epic portal :P

Who wants one of these laying around.. you wouldn't like to somehow 'use' that and move to epic.. for an hour.. nothing to do there, so many uniques to chew on you..:mellow:

• Like 1

Except its not an hour and has anything you do anywhere else

• Like 1

[17:22:04] You start to cut down the Oleander bush.
[17:22:08] You have a moment of inspiration...
[17:22:08] You cut down the Oleander bush.

Best part of playing with other people is that you actually learn stuff like this by playing.

On 2017-04-22 at 1:13 AM, JakeRivers said:

duh

You don't have a chance at a rare lamp unless they fixed it, but you can imp something with it, or have a 1 in like 26 chance of a rare coal pile

-1 There are so many things you get a chance on making rare with rare logs planks etc. Its like saying lets get rid of the rarity altogether.

Although I rarely get rare trees would it be fair to make them un-rare? This only worsens the problem because then they would be a true rare and subject to stratified price increases by those who make adds to sell rares. Rarely can you solve a problem by making it more rare to emerge. This only makes them more cautious in their appearance so as not to be noticed. Then you think there are no more rare trees when they only hide themselves more cleverly amongst the fallen leaves. So best to leaf them contented within their current rareness, I think, not.

=Ayes=